Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-06-2013, 11:47 AM
Puppy Dog

I'd like to join in too. I'm 5'3" and used to be 110 pounds, and then graduate school hit. I am now up to 126 and would like to get back down to at least 115. I am doing a dual PhD so I don't have time to go to the gym with my schedule, but I walk 3-9 miles to and from school everyday.

I was recently diagnosed with epilepsy and gluten is a trigger, so I have had to change my diet significantly in the past few months. Overall I feel much healthier (minus the seizures) but I definitely think there is room for improvement.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:05 PM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

I'm joining in.

At my heaviest, I weighed in at 245lbs. Over the past year and a half, I lost 56lbs. I only gained 3 pounds over the holidays, which I lost this year already again.

My ends goal is around 140, but I don't have a small frame to begin with, so weighing less might make me look sickly. I'll just go with the flow until it feels right. That being said, I'd like to be a size 8. I was a 18 attention my most, and now wear a 12.

I feel like I should hit my end goal this year. Oh, and that's fabulous fossil vintage purse is mine at 170lbs!
Old 01-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
Annoyed.

I know I've only been eating healthy a couple of days, but seriously, I feel like I've gained weight. I come in under my calorie goal on MFP by at least 100 calories every day, I've been eating meat, veggies, little bit of fruit. AND I FEEL LIKE I'VE GAINED WEIGHT!

I'm wondering if my MFP is possibly just wanting me to eat more calories than I should be?

I know I need to be patient, but my motivation wains when this happens!
If you reduce your calories, your metabolism will slow to down to conserve fat because it thinks you're starving. If you're eating healthy, though, and doing things to boost metabolism, it should even out pretty quickly.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 01-06-2013, 12:43 PM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
I'm joining in.

At my heaviest, I weighed in at 245lbs. Over the past year and a half, I lost 56lbs. I only gained 3 pounds over the holidays, which I lost this year already again.

My ends goal is around 140, but I don't have a small frame to begin with, so weighing less might make me look sickly. I'll just go with the flow until it feels right. That being said, I'd like to be a size 8. I was a 18 attention my most, and now wear a 12.

I feel like I should hit my end goal this year. Oh, and that's fabulous fossil vintage purse is mine at 170lbs!
Im a size 11/12 pants now, and would like to get back to a 7/8. I also don't have a small frame. When i was 16(?) I was at 132 lbs and looked ridiculous. I had linebacker shoulders and big J.Lo hips but was toned/fit but I looked unportional lol.
Then I went back up to 140 and looked great. Im going to try for 155 now but my end goal is 140.

Larger frames suck for losing weight sometimes.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:49 PM
Top Dog

I'm not trying to lose weight....but I just joined MFP and my username is AlexHaberle

Old 01-07-2013, 08:15 AM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

Total double post. Ooops.

Last edited by Jules; 01-07-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:39 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Either my brand new scale is broken or I've lost 7.9 lbs already. Last time I weighed myself was Christmas and I scaled in at 214 lbs. This morning I weighed myself and I'm not 206.1 lbs. I just started the paleo diet at the beginning of this year and I've been tracking my calories to stay under a certain number of calories and carbs, etc... also been walking a lot.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 01-07-2013, 08:45 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

well I'm back to 203 and holding steady tomorrow I start a fitness class with a friend from church so hopefully that will kick me into gear

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 01-07-2013, 09:15 AM
Top Dog

Amber, Christmas was two weeks ago! If you were eating junk and bloated at all during Christmas and have pretty radically changed your diet, 8 lbs isn't an outrageous number at all

Old 01-07-2013, 09:40 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
Amber, Christmas was two weeks ago! If you were eating junk and bloated at all during Christmas and have pretty radically changed your diet, 8 lbs isn't an outrageous number at all
Has it been two weeks already? Holy crap! I packed a healthy meat and veggie lunch for today at work. I went to the movies with josh yesterday and the popcorn was so tempting.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle