Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-05-2013, 08:13 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Here is a post from earlier in this thread on the subject of sore muscles.

However a PULLED muscle is different. If you've actually pulled the muscle as opposed to "my muscles are sore," it's damaged and requires rest to heal.

If you actually have shin splints, the best thing you can do is wait for the inflammation to go down. Working out through shin splints can make them worse and lead to more serious injury (hello stress fractures.) I kept running through shin splints during my first half marathon and it was a few months of no running at all post-half before my legs got back to normal.
Thank you! It's definitely not soreness like I felt from the first few workouts. That was a good kind of sore! This is painful. I think it was maybe the jump rope motion that I was doing... that one always kind of bothered me and when I tried to do it today, that's what hurt, so I dunno what I did. I think I did pull a muscle, and it's in the shin area, from what I was reading online. Tomorrow I may try to work out but do a couple of the moves from the 30 day shred modified. And we have an elliptical, which is low impact on the knees, etc, so maybe I'll do that instead.

Brit & Jackson

Old 03-05-2013, 08:42 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Just got home from fit club where we did Hip Hop Abs total body burn . (This program is still on sale FYI). Super fun and definitely burns lol

As for sore muscles, shin splints, knee pain and everything else, one thing recommended to me that I have found really helps is cold therapy in the shower. At the end of your shower turn the water to cold and turn yourself under the water so all areas are washed over with the cold water for 30 seconds. Any problem areas try and run them under the water even longer. It sucks but it really helps. I do it for my knees

Almost at the end of my turbo jam challenge and have before and after photos and HOLY COW what a difference. Showed my coach tonight and he was like HOLY SH!T lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 03-05-2013, 09:14 PM
Kotah BEAR

I have ate pretty good today besides the 2 cups of coffee and 3 cups of milk I've had.

I did a little bit of a workout today. The weather was awful so I didn't go running.
30 jumping jacks
60 crunches in a little over a minute
5 push ups
10 minute jog in place

Tomorrow if the weather isn't awful and scary I am running plus some other little exercises.

I have got to lose the rest of this weight in the next 6 weeks. Have to. So its time to REALLY buckle down, like hardcore.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:27 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Found out that Shawn T's Rockin' Body is also on sale right now for $19.95 just ordered my copy. I'll start that after I finished my Hip Hop Abs challenge

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 03-06-2013, 10:16 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
Thank you! It's definitely not soreness like I felt from the first few workouts. That was a good kind of sore! This is painful. I think it was maybe the jump rope motion that I was doing... that one always kind of bothered me and when I tried to do it today, that's what hurt, so I dunno what I did. I think I did pull a muscle, and it's in the shin area, from what I was reading online. Tomorrow I may try to work out but do a couple of the moves from the 30 day shred modified. And we have an elliptical, which is low impact on the knees, etc, so maybe I'll do that instead.
A jump rope motion could definitely have done it, especially if you weren't in good supportive shoes! An elliptical is a great choice for shin splints, so is cycling if you have a bike (though it's not exactly biking weather!)

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 03-06-2013, 11:15 AM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Found out that Shawn T's Rockin' Body is also on sale right now for $19.95 just ordered my copy. I'll start that after I finished my Hip Hop Abs challenge
Good lord woman how many work outs do you do a day?!?!
Seriously, you kick ass.

Did 50 crunches in less than a minute. Did 20 squats. Did 7 pushups. And 35 jumping jacks. Debating if running is worth it cause its absolutely freezing outside and the wind feels like ice shooting through my skin. Burr.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:39 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotah View Post
Good lord woman how many work outs do you do a day?!?!
Seriously, you kick ass.

Did 50 crunches in less than a minute. Did 20 squats. Did 7 pushups. And 35 jumping jacks. Debating if running is worth it cause its absolutely freezing outside and the wind feels like ice shooting through my skin. Burr.
I only do one (or two depending what my challenge calls for) lol. I do 30 day challenges on the beachbody page. I have one day left of my 30 day turbo jam challenge (and I'll get my t shirt for completing it) and then I'll start my Hip Hop Abs challenge for 30 days (and get that t shirt for completion). Once I finish that I'll start my Rockin' body 30 day challenge

OH and if anyone wants it here is a youtube video of Hip Hop Abs last minute abs. It's a 5 minute workout but it is QUITE a workout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwnhmt_8Se4

G.K. Chesterton

Old 03-06-2013, 12:14 PM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
I only do one (or two depending what my challenge calls for) lol. I do 30 day challenges on the beachbody page. I have one day left of my 30 day turbo jam challenge (and I'll get my t shirt for completing it) and then I'll start my Hip Hop Abs challenge for 30 days (and get that t shirt for completion). Once I finish that I'll start my Rockin' body 30 day challenge

OH and if anyone wants it here is a youtube video of Hip Hop Abs last minute abs. It's a 5 minute workout but it is QUITE a workout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwnhmt_8Se4
You are a one woman kickass work out machine!
Old 03-06-2013, 12:51 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotah View Post
You are a one woman kickass work out machine!
LOL I don't know about all that but I'm just trying as hard as I can

Just finished todays workout. 45 minute Cardio Party. sweatin buckets. I wish we did get that snow... I'd be out rolling in it lol.

G.K. Chesterton

Old 03-06-2013, 04:29 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Been out of sorts the last few days. Kids are sick (oldest was diagnosed yesterday with pneumonia) and I pulled an all-nighter at work Monday night. I feel like I'm starting to get back to normal. Just did the 10 minute cardio and then 10 minute yoga flex. Feels good. Going to get some dinner and then go out to the store (messed up my sneakers).

A couple more days until I weigh in, but I'm not overly worried about the scale. Overall, it's moving in the right direction. Close fit better, people have noticed my weight loss and most importantly, I feel better.

I'm not sure why I always jump off the exercise wagon after I reach a goal. I love the "fit" feeling.