Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #391  
Old 02-27-2013, 03:42 PM
JacksonsMom's Avatar
JacksonsMom JacksonsMom is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7,483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
YAAAAY my hip hop abs came today. I wasn't expecting it until March 1st. I love surprises lol

If you are wondering what all you can get for the $20 promotional price here is everything I got today


Ohhhh, I think I might have to do this! Sounds GREAT! I love stuf like this, where it's just all... layed out for me. 'Do this, then do that' hahaha.
__________________

Brit & Jackson


Reply With Quote
  #392  
Old 02-27-2013, 03:45 PM
JacksonsMom's Avatar
JacksonsMom JacksonsMom is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7,483
Default

Day 7 of 30 day shred. It's certainly getting easier. I don't really start breathing super heavy until about 10 mins in now... I used to right after the warm up. lol. Still a super hardcore workout for me, by the end I'm pooped, but I'm thinking I'll try level 2 on day 10. Maybe.

I also walked about 2 miles beforehand at the park with Jax. I wanted to do more, but he ended up having fun at the dog park for about an hour, so I let him keep playing and we wasted some of our walking time but oh well.
__________________

Brit & Jackson


Reply With Quote
  #393  
Old 02-27-2013, 03:45 PM
sparks19's Avatar
sparks19 sparks19 is offline
I'd rather be at Disney
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 28,099
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
Ohhhh, I think I might have to do this! Sounds GREAT! I love stuf like this, where it's just all... layed out for me. 'Do this, then do that' hahaha.
yeah same here. I need to be told what to do lol and if you sign up for the beach body challenge and use this for your challenge program you will get a free T shirt which seems lame... like a free T shirt but when you GET your free T shirt it's like YEAH I EARNED MY SHIRT lol

plus it's really a fun workout (even if you can't dance... like me lol)
__________________
Quote:

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”


G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney






Reply With Quote
  #394  
Old 02-27-2013, 04:28 PM
eddieq's Avatar
eddieq eddieq is offline
Silence! I ban you!
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 8,571
Default

Gotta give props to the beachbody folks. Their dvd programs are good motivational tools for people who want to work out "on their own". I've done P90X and the 10 Minute Trainer. Both are great programs.

Just finished the last workout of "week 8" in 10 minute trainer. Another Cardio/Yoga day. My calculations show just over 400 calories burned. Eating a piece of cheese and having a huge glass of water.

I'm thinking of crab cakes for dinner.

Weigh in on Friday or Saturday.

BTW - I'm "emcque" on "Spark People" if any of you use that site. I know many are on my fitness pal.
__________________
When things don't go your way, stop and think, "Problem, or inconvenience?" - with apologies to Robert Fulghum
Reply With Quote
  #395  
Old 02-27-2013, 04:37 PM
Beanie's Avatar
Beanie Beanie is offline
Clicker Cult Coordinator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,816
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
I can't walk or jog to music because I can't keep a consistent pace lol. it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to not walk/jog in time with the beat of the music lol.
That's the idea! Particularly with this:
http://jog.fm/

I've read so many studies on music and run pace and how it affects people's runs. It's interesting stuff.
The marathon here is a USTAF certified race and we are allowed headphones, but the top finishers aren't supposed to be allowed to wear them. I think it was on Runner's World a guy said he finished third and they approached him and asked if he wanted to file a complaint because the person who finished second place was wearing headphones - if he had decided to file a complaint they would have taken away her "placement" and he would be second instead. It's apparently an "unfair advantage" to run with headphones because music can certainly fuel you to run faster (I can personally attest to that.)
__________________


Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA NAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Reply With Quote
  #396  
Old 02-27-2013, 04:40 PM
JacksonsMom's Avatar
JacksonsMom JacksonsMom is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7,483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieq View Post
Gotta give props to the beachbody folks. Their dvd programs are good motivational tools for people who want to work out "on their own". I've done P90X and the 10 Minute Trainer. Both are great programs.

Just finished the last workout of "week 8" in 10 minute trainer. Another Cardio/Yoga day. My calculations show just over 400 calories burned. Eating a piece of cheese and having a huge glass of water.

I'm thinking of crab cakes for dinner.

Weigh in on Friday or Saturday.

BTW - I'm "emcque" on "Spark People" if any of you use that site. I know many are on my fitness pal.
Hmm, now I wanna try 10 minute trainer too. Is it a DVD?

Crab cakes sound delicious...
__________________

Brit & Jackson


Reply With Quote
  #397  
Old 02-27-2013, 04:44 PM
eddieq's Avatar
eddieq eddieq is offline
Silence! I ban you!
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 8,571
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
Hmm, now I wanna try 10 minute trainer too. Is it a DVD?

Crab cakes sound delicious...
Yes. Same people "beachbody". http://www.teambeachbody.com/workout...rainer-workout

It's 80 bucks, I believe. Similar to "Insanity", it keeps you going without breaks. Programs like P90X are longer workouts, but you rest during the workouts. In TMT, it's 10 minutes straight - move to move to move. It's a great starter program. You do at least one workout a day (except for the single rest day a week) and if you feel good and want faster results, you can add up to two more that day. So, like a morning, afternoon, evening set of workouts. I find it's easy to keep motivated because I KNOW that I can find 10 minutes in a day.
__________________
When things don't go your way, stop and think, "Problem, or inconvenience?" - with apologies to Robert Fulghum
Reply With Quote
  #398  
Old 02-27-2013, 04:45 PM
Dakotah's Avatar
Dakotah Dakotah is offline
Kotah BEAR
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: GA
Posts: 7,998
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
That's the idea! Particularly with this:
http://jog.fm/

I've read so many studies on music and run pace and how it affects people's runs. It's interesting stuff.
The marathon here is a USTAF certified race and we are allowed headphones, but the top finishers aren't supposed to be allowed to wear them. I think it was on Runner's World a guy said he finished third and they approached him and asked if he wanted to file a complaint because the person who finished second place was wearing headphones - if he had decided to file a complaint they would have taken away her "placement" and he would be second instead. It's apparently an "unfair advantage" to run with headphones because music can certainly fuel you to run faster (I can personally attest to that.)
Wow that is very interesting.
I LOVE running while listening to music. Its hard for me to run without music, actually.

Eta: Just found 1, 2, 3, 4 United States Marine Corps song. I have been trying to find it to put it on my music player for days.
Thank you Beanie for sharing this site. I could just kiss you right now. I got WAY to excited when I found that song.
__________________
*War Eagle*
Reply With Quote
  #399  
Old 02-27-2013, 04:55 PM
sparks19's Avatar
sparks19 sparks19 is offline
I'd rather be at Disney
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 28,099
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
That's the idea! Particularly with this:
http://jog.fm/

I've read so many studies on music and run pace and how it affects people's runs. It's interesting stuff.
The marathon here is a USTAF certified race and we are allowed headphones, but the top finishers aren't supposed to be allowed to wear them. I think it was on Runner's World a guy said he finished third and they approached him and asked if he wanted to file a complaint because the person who finished second place was wearing headphones - if he had decided to file a complaint they would have taken away her "placement" and he would be second instead. It's apparently an "unfair advantage" to run with headphones because music can certainly fuel you to run faster (I can personally attest to that.)
Yeah I know but if I have a fast song and then a song like "cruise" by florida georgia line (which is a song I LOOOOVE) I would end up going quite slowwwww and then maybe super fast again. Plus I'm too dancy lol
__________________
Quote:

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”


G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney






Reply With Quote
  #400  
Old 02-27-2013, 04:56 PM
Equinox's Avatar
Equinox Equinox is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,363
Default

Made zucchini noodles with peanut sauce for my meals today!!

I almost could not get out of bed today. Feeling much more sore than I was yesterday. Now I'm adding music to my playlist for the 30 Day Shred workout - I'm also one of those who work a LOT better while listening to music. Right now, it's some Imagine Dragons, Too Close by Alex Clare, The Cataracs + DEV, and a few Ke$ha songs I will not apologize.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 AM.


©1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site