Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-27-2013, 03:42 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
YAAAAY my hip hop abs came today. I wasn't expecting it until March 1st. I love surprises lol

If you are wondering what all you can get for the $20 promotional price here is everything I got today

Ohhhh, I think I might have to do this! Sounds GREAT! I love stuf like this, where it's just all... layed out for me. 'Do this, then do that' hahaha.

Brit & Jackson

Old 02-27-2013, 03:45 PM
Top Dog

Day 7 of 30 day shred. It's certainly getting easier. I don't really start breathing super heavy until about 10 mins in now... I used to right after the warm up. lol. Still a super hardcore workout for me, by the end I'm pooped, but I'm thinking I'll try level 2 on day 10. Maybe.

I also walked about 2 miles beforehand at the park with Jax. I wanted to do more, but he ended up having fun at the dog park for about an hour, so I let him keep playing and we wasted some of our walking time but oh well.

Brit & Jackson

Old 02-27-2013, 03:45 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
Ohhhh, I think I might have to do this! Sounds GREAT! I love stuf like this, where it's just all... layed out for me. 'Do this, then do that' hahaha.
yeah same here. I need to be told what to do lol and if you sign up for the beach body challenge and use this for your challenge program you will get a free T shirt which seems lame... like a free T shirt but when you GET your free T shirt it's like YEAH I EARNED MY SHIRT lol

plus it's really a fun workout (even if you can't dance... like me lol)

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-27-2013, 04:28 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Gotta give props to the beachbody folks. Their dvd programs are good motivational tools for people who want to work out "on their own". I've done P90X and the 10 Minute Trainer. Both are great programs.

Just finished the last workout of "week 8" in 10 minute trainer. Another Cardio/Yoga day. My calculations show just over 400 calories burned. Eating a piece of cheese and having a huge glass of water.

I'm thinking of crab cakes for dinner.

Weigh in on Friday or Saturday.

BTW - I'm "emcque" on "Spark People" if any of you use that site. I know many are on my fitness pal.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:37 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
I can't walk or jog to music because I can't keep a consistent pace lol. it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to not walk/jog in time with the beat of the music lol.
That's the idea! Particularly with this:
http://jog.fm/

I've read so many studies on music and run pace and how it affects people's runs. It's interesting stuff.
The marathon here is a USTAF certified race and we are allowed headphones, but the top finishers aren't supposed to be allowed to wear them. I think it was on Runner's World a guy said he finished third and they approached him and asked if he wanted to file a complaint because the person who finished second place was wearing headphones - if he had decided to file a complaint they would have taken away her "placement" and he would be second instead. It's apparently an "unfair advantage" to run with headphones because music can certainly fuel you to run faster (I can personally attest to that.)

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA NAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 02-27-2013, 04:40 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieq View Post
Gotta give props to the beachbody folks. Their dvd programs are good motivational tools for people who want to work out "on their own". I've done P90X and the 10 Minute Trainer. Both are great programs.

Just finished the last workout of "week 8" in 10 minute trainer. Another Cardio/Yoga day. My calculations show just over 400 calories burned. Eating a piece of cheese and having a huge glass of water.

I'm thinking of crab cakes for dinner.

Weigh in on Friday or Saturday.

BTW - I'm "emcque" on "Spark People" if any of you use that site. I know many are on my fitness pal.
Hmm, now I wanna try 10 minute trainer too. Is it a DVD?

Crab cakes sound delicious...

Brit & Jackson

Old 02-27-2013, 04:44 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
Hmm, now I wanna try 10 minute trainer too. Is it a DVD?

Crab cakes sound delicious...
Yes. Same people "beachbody". http://www.teambeachbody.com/workout...rainer-workout

It's 80 bucks, I believe. Similar to "Insanity", it keeps you going without breaks. Programs like P90X are longer workouts, but you rest during the workouts. In TMT, it's 10 minutes straight - move to move to move. It's a great starter program. You do at least one workout a day (except for the single rest day a week) and if you feel good and want faster results, you can add up to two more that day. So, like a morning, afternoon, evening set of workouts. I find it's easy to keep motivated because I KNOW that I can find 10 minutes in a day.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:45 PM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post

I've read so many studies on music and run pace and how it affects people's runs. It's interesting stuff.
The marathon here is a USTAF certified race and we are allowed headphones, but the top finishers aren't supposed to be allowed to wear them. I think it was on Runner's World a guy said he finished third and they approached him and asked if he wanted to file a complaint because the person who finished second place was wearing headphones - if he had decided to file a complaint they would have taken away her "placement" and he would be second instead. It's apparently an "unfair advantage" to run with headphones because music can certainly fuel you to run faster (I can personally attest to that.)
Wow that is very interesting.
I LOVE running while listening to music. Its hard for me to run without music, actually.

Eta: Just found 1, 2, 3, 4 United States Marine Corps song. I have been trying to find it to put it on my music player for days.
Thank you Beanie for sharing this site. I could just kiss you right now. I got WAY to excited when I found that song.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:55 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post

Yeah I know but if I have a fast song and then a song like "cruise" by florida georgia line (which is a song I LOOOOVE) I would end up going quite slowwwww and then maybe super fast again. Plus I'm too dancy lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-27-2013, 04:56 PM
Top Dog

Made zucchini noodles with peanut sauce for my meals today!!

I almost could not get out of bed today. Feeling much more sore than I was yesterday. Now I'm adding music to my playlist for the 30 Day Shred workout - I'm also one of those who work a LOT better while listening to music. Right now, it's some Imagine Dragons, Too Close by Alex Clare, The Cataracs + DEV, and a few Ke$ha songs I will not apologize.