Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-26-2013, 01:03 PM
Club Terrible - President

I'm going to walk half of a mile on the treadmill today if it kills me.

I feel inferior because everyone else is like "Oh man, I did 5+ miles today!", but... hey, baby steps.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:26 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
Keep up with it! I googled some pics of results after 30 days and that keeps me motivated.
Thanks! I'm not feeling bad today. Legs and butt are super sore, and my stomach is especially sore and achey, but I was able to get of bed and go to classes and everything. Definitely have the motivation and energy to do Day 2 of the 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
I didn't realize my MFP was on private, I'll go see if I can change it. I think it's definitely my food choices. I'm probably eating way too many carbs, now looking back on my diary. I just looked at yours, and now I feel ashamed, LOL... like I said, I'm horrible when it comes to food stuff, and I'm super picky, and we haven't been to the grocery store in a while, so my options have been limited. I was waiting on receiving my food plan in the mail that I ordered from a personal trainer.

So even though I've been watching my calorie intake and not snacking on random junk, I probably haven't been making the brightest choices. Yesterday I started out with one piece of toast with a bit of peanut butter on it. And a banana. Lunch was at Pot Belly Sandwiches ... I got their "Skinny Beef" on wheat bread with just provolone cheese (under 350 calories). I also had their broccoli/cheddar soup and a small strawberry banana smoothie (179 calories). Dinner was tilapia and brown rice. I had some lightly salted cashews for a snack and a bowl of cheerios last night when I was hungry, after I made my post. Drank 8 glasses of water. And then of course, walked and did 30 day shred.
Oh, don't feel bad LOL My diet is on the more extreme end of the low carb diets. I started it on the assumption that my exercise level will not be changing (from a very moderate level), haven't actually done any research on LCHF diets while training or building muscle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
I'm SGonzo15 on mfp, if anyone wants to add me.

On that note, how do you look someone up by their mfp user name? It only gives me the option to look people up using email address, Facebook, or out of my contacts.
Added you!

To search for contacts by their MFP username, go to your front page and look at the very top of the page where the tabs are ("My Home" // "Food" // "Exercise" etc.) and the last tab should be "Community". Click that, and look at the blue bar right underneath the tabs that now should say "Message Boards" // "Groups" // "Blogs" // "Find Members" // "Invite Friends". Click on "Find Members" and just enter the uesrname into that last box where it says "Username" or "Email".

Or just follow this link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/user/search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
It's also popular to say "if you're not eating enough your body is in STARVATION MODE!!" but starvation mode is not quite the right term... however it does seriously impede fat loss. It also impedes muscle growth (and rebuilding) which are both important for fat loss, and also important for athletic performance.
Oh geez, THANK YOU. Thank you for saying this, because this whole "starvation mode" thing needs some serious clarification with the way it's being thrown around these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julee View Post
I'm going to walk half of a mile on the treadmill today if it kills me.

I feel inferior because everyone else is like "Oh man, I did 5+ miles today!", but... hey, baby steps.
lol... just check back on my "tried to run a mile and holy **** out of breath noooooooooo" post But I'm still pleased that I actually got off my ass and did that mile! Everything counts.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:27 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

I just took my resting heart rate.

It used to hover around 80 bpm....

Today it's down to 66 bpm

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-26-2013, 05:01 PM
Club Terrible - President

Did the half mile. Might do a 20 second plank later just to do something else.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:50 PM
Top Dog

Just finished day 2 of the 30 Day shred. It actually went by MUCH faster than day 1 did, although my muscles were burning and I'm in a lot more pain now. Can't wait to see how I feel tomorrow morning...
Old 02-26-2013, 08:55 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Kicked ass today. Ate right, kept the proteins and fiber high, drank plenty of water. I worked out as hard as I possibly could burning (according to my heart monitor and the VO2 Max calculator) over 400 calories.

Sitting eating a turkey sandwich and drinking some more water. Got that great "post workout" burn feeling I missed so much.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:19 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

we did Hip Hop Abs at fit club last night. SO much fun. We did a 30 minute video and a 5 minute ab video after. The last minute Abs video is on youtube if anyone wants to try it. Just look up Shawn T's last minute abs and you should find it. Most intense 5 minutes of my life lol. (didn't help that my coach made me wear his weighted gloves last night lol and there are a lot of BIG arm movements)

Also, if you are at all interested in Hip Hop Abs as a workout the set of DVD's is still on sale for only $20 (regularly around $70 for the set) on beachbody's website. teambeachbody.com is also a great place to talk with other people who are doing the same programs as you are and to track your progress AND if you take the Beachbody challenge (submit a before photo and track your progress and submit an after shot) you could win $500 or more If you don't have a coach already on there you can use my dear friend. her name on there is Hartnetts9. So if you think hip hop abs would interest you at all, now is a great time to grab it for cheap. I can't wait until mine comes.

OOK promotion over lol now ... it was an awesomely fun workout but man this about sums me up when I was doing it

just replace 'Zumba" with "Hip hop abs" LOL.

Also, today is not my weigh in day but sometimes after a great night of fit club I can't help but jump on the scale.

190 that means I have lost exactly 15 pounds since I started this journey at the beginning of January

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-27-2013, 12:48 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

YAAAAY my hip hop abs came today. I wasn't expecting it until March 1st. I love surprises lol

If you are wondering what all you can get for the $20 promotional price here is everything I got today

G.K. Chesterton

Old 02-27-2013, 03:03 PM
Kotah BEAR

Just went for a 1.5 mile fast walk/steady jog.
I listened to:
Titanium by David G. ft Sia (walk)

Kick It In The Sticks by Brantley Gilbert (jog)

Part Of Me by Katy Perry (walk)

I Cry by Flo Rida (jog)

Cruise by Florida Georgia Line (walk)

Hard In Da Paint by Waka Flocka Flame (jog)

That walk/jog pattern works so good for me. My calves, butt, and abs are really feeling it.
I just throw my music player on shuffle and walk to one song and run to the next song, and I just keep doing that for 1.5 miles.

And I've been eating really great so far today. Tangerines are my weakness, thank God they are healthy.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:42 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotah View Post
Just went for a 1.5 mile fast walk/steady jog.
I listened to:
Titanium by David G. ft Sia (walk)

Kick It In The Sticks by Brantley Gilbert (jog)

Part Of Me by Katy Perry (walk)

I Cry by Flo Rida (jog)

Cruise by Florida Georgia Line (walk)

Hard In Da Paint by Waka Flocka Flame (jog)

That walk/jog pattern works so good for me. My calves, butt, and abs are really feeling it.
I just throw my music player on shuffle and walk to one song and run to the next song, and I just keep doing that for 1.5 miles.

And I've been eating really great so far today. Tangerines are my weakness, thank God they are healthy.
Awesome Way to work it out even when you started the day not feeling well. ESPECIALLY since you started the day not feeling well.

I can't walk or jog to music because I can't keep a consistent pace lol. it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to not walk/jog in time with the beat of the music lol.

I just finished 50 minutes of Turbo Jams Punch, Kick and Jam. I only have 6 days left of this challenge and then I get my T shirt for completing the 30 day challenge. Next challenege... Get a Hip Hop Abs T shirt (and a rocking bod LOL)

Yesterday was great. I got to work and my boss stopped and said "WOW I can really notice you getting slimmer and I can't usually notice that stuff" THANKS BOSS LADY!!!!

and then at Fit Club we were in the middle of Hip Hop Abs and we were doing the "swagger walk" back and forth and on one pass my coach looked at me and then did a double take and said 'Man, you are looking SLENDER today' YAAAAY two people noticed lol. When we were done he said 'Keep it up lady, it is really starting to show"

When other people notice it just solidifies that it's working no matter if I can see it or not lol

G.K. Chesterton