Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #241  
Old 02-06-2013, 03:04 PM
Beanie's Avatar
Beanie Beanie is offline
Clicker Cult Coordinator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 13,174
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotah View Post
I left the house 15 mins ago.
I ran flat out as fast as I could go (that's what being p1ssed does to you. You run til you want to pass out). Anyways I ran 1.2 miles in 8 mins. Fastest I've ever ran a mile. I need to run 1.5 miles in less than 15 mins. I only ran 1.2 cause that's just a quick run down I drew out late last night and that's was my pass out point lol
Tomorrow a 1.5 mile will be ran.
Good girl. Get that.
*HIGH FIVE*
__________________


Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Reply With Quote
  #242  
Old 02-06-2013, 03:06 PM
Julee's Avatar
Julee Julee is offline
Club Terrible - President
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kent, CT
Posts: 2,688
Default

I just walked .5 miles and burned 90cal, which is good considering I've been bustling around all day and didn't sleep well last night. I also started "Fab Ab February" and holy crap, I cannot do push ups or planks.

Did the 10 sit ups just fine, did 8 modified push ups (I figure if I can't do 4 normal ones, the 8 modified should be close), and 3x 7 second planks. Success!


ETA: Go Dakotah!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #243  
Old 02-06-2013, 03:08 PM
sparks19's Avatar
sparks19 sparks19 is offline
I'd rather be at Disney
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 28,253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotah View Post
I left the house 15 mins ago.
I ran flat out as fast as I could go (that's what being p1ssed does to you. You run til you want to pass out). Anyways I ran 1.2 miles in 8 mins. Fastest I've ever ran a mile. I need to run 1.5 miles in less than 15 mins. I only ran 1.2 cause that's just a quick run down I drew out late last night and that's was my pass out point lol
Tomorrow a 1.5 mile will be ran.
Yes! Way to go
__________________
Quote:

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”


G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney






Reply With Quote
  #244  
Old 02-06-2013, 03:09 PM
Dakotah's Avatar
Dakotah Dakotah is offline
Kotah BEAR
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: GA
Posts: 7,998
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Good girl. Get that.
*HIGH FIVE*
Thank you. Really between you And Tanya, y'all are huge motivators.





Quote:
Originally Posted by Julee View Post
I just walked .5 miles and burned 90cal, which is good considering I've been bustling around all day and didn't sleep well last night. I also started "Fab Ab February" and holy crap, I cannot do push ups or planks.

Did the 10 sit ups just fine, did 8 modified push ups (I figure if I can't do 4 normal ones, the 8 modified should be close), and 3x 7 second planks. Success!


ETA: Go Dakotah!
For pushups - if you need to do easy pushups aka instead of on your toes use your knees. It'll help your pushups.
That's how I started. I can now do 9 correct pushups in 2 mins.
You are doing good though! Keep it up!
And thank you
__________________
*War Eagle*
Reply With Quote
  #245  
Old 02-06-2013, 03:10 PM
Julee's Avatar
Julee Julee is offline
Club Terrible - President
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kent, CT
Posts: 2,688
Default

Yeah the modified are the easy ones, haha. They were always called modified in gym class. I think I have trouble with them because I'm a little... top heavy. *cough* 36DDD *cough*


Debating on another .5mi just because I feel good. Hm.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #246  
Old 02-06-2013, 03:14 PM
Dakotah's Avatar
Dakotah Dakotah is offline
Kotah BEAR
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: GA
Posts: 7,998
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by julee View Post
yeah the modified are the easy ones, haha. They were always called modified in gym class. I think i have trouble with them because i'm a little... Top heavy. *cough* 36ddd *cough*


debating on another .5mi just because i feel good. Hm.
do it! Run!
__________________
*War Eagle*
Reply With Quote
  #247  
Old 02-06-2013, 03:14 PM
Dakotah's Avatar
Dakotah Dakotah is offline
Kotah BEAR
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: GA
Posts: 7,998
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Yes! Way to go
Thank you
__________________
*War Eagle*
Reply With Quote
  #248  
Old 02-06-2013, 03:16 PM
Julee's Avatar
Julee Julee is offline
Club Terrible - President
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kent, CT
Posts: 2,688
Default

I try not to run very much because of my hip injury (otherwise I'll not be walking for up to two weeks ), but I think I'm going to go do the walk and a few jogging steps here and there to change it up.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #249  
Old 02-06-2013, 03:30 PM
sparks19's Avatar
sparks19 sparks19 is offline
I'd rather be at Disney
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 28,253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julee View Post
I just walked .5 miles and burned 90cal, which is good considering I've been bustling around all day and didn't sleep well last night. I also started "Fab Ab February" and holy crap, I cannot do push ups or planks.

Did the 10 sit ups just fine, did 8 modified push ups (I figure if I can't do 4 normal ones, the 8 modified should be close), and 3x 7 second planks. Success!


ETA: Go Dakotah!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julee View Post
Yeah the modified are the easy ones, haha. They were always called modified in gym class. I think I have trouble with them because I'm a little... top heavy. *cough* 36DDD *cough*


Debating on another .5mi just because I feel good. Hm.
Oh yeah the push ups are hard when you aren't used to working your arms and chest. It's not because you are large chested (I am too) it's because you've not worked those muscles and built them up. It will get easier the more muscle you build.

The sit ups were easy at first but now that I am up to 25 full sit ups (all the way up and all the way down. Not crunches) OY VEY lol

Keep it up . Modify to suit your abilities and your hip injury and keeP pushing yourself
__________________
Quote:

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”


G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney






Reply With Quote
  #250  
Old 02-06-2013, 04:00 PM
Julee's Avatar
Julee Julee is offline
Club Terrible - President
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kent, CT
Posts: 2,688
Default

Did the extra .5mi, another 90cal burned, and took a shower. Woohoo.

I know most of it is those muscles don't get used a ton, but the boobage isn't helping lol
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 AM.


©1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site