Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-27-2013, 07:31 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

grrrrr. I'm back up to 197. WHY?????!!!!!! I need to find my tape measure so I can start measuring but my clothes are fitting the same, my weight is staying the same and fluctuating between one pound...

that being said my abs are sore today lol. All of them. the muscles in my back, the obliques, the front. So I definitely worked them in my workout yesterday. So SOMETHING has gotta be happening right?

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 01-27-2013, 09:15 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
grrrrr. I'm back up to 197. WHY?????!!!!!! I need to find my tape measure so I can start measuring but my clothes are fitting the same, my weight is staying the same and fluctuating between one pound...
That's the important part!
Fluctuating between one pound is NO big deal. Do not trust the scale that much. Remember that the scale won't tell you how much of that weight is water weight being retained by your body, food still digesting through your system, a poopy moving it's way towards your colon, OR most important - how much is fat versus how much is muscle.
The scale will lie to you.
It is a tool and an imperfect one. Don't let it make or break you.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 01-27-2013, 09:18 AM
I'm All Ears

Ugh I failed yesterday at the dog show. I was there all day setting up and working the rings and helping pick up. The lady running it brought us all food and I ate it. So... I had a sandwich and cookie. And a donut. Ugh.

Back on track today.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:44 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

I know. I try not to pay attention to the number on the scale but I figured my clothes might be fitting a little more loosely by this point but they are still fitting tight (especially right after being washed). It's just a bummer but I will keep plugging away

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 01-27-2013, 02:33 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

WOW. Just did 45 minutes of Turbo Jam's Cardio jam. that thing kicked my butt. I don't normally sweat much (which I know is a problem) but this one definitely got me sweating. I immediately went and hopped into a cold shower lol.

G.K. Chesterton

Old 01-27-2013, 06:43 PM
Top Dog

Good news - today's the last day of my fat fasting and it actually hasn't been too difficult. Can't WAIT to eat real food again, though.

Even better news - My "skinny day" jeans fit MUCH better now! I don't think I've actually been losing weight according to the scale, but clearly my stomach is getting a little smaller.

Size 6 now, once I get to a size 4 I'm buying myself new camera equipment. Probably just a bendable bounce card for the flash, but it's good motivation for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
That's the important part!
Fluctuating between one pound is NO big deal. Do not trust the scale that much. Remember that the scale won't tell you how much of that weight is water weight being retained by your body, food still digesting through your system, a poopy moving it's way towards your colon, OR most important - how much is fat versus how much is muscle.
The scale will lie to you.
It is a tool and an imperfect one. Don't let it make or break you.
I always love your posts, they're extremely helpful and motivating.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:39 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Great workout tonight. I switched to the "Core Cardio" disc for my cardio sessions. It's definitely making me work harder. You can't do these moves without tightening the core.

I added the upper body workout afterwards. My shoulders and arms are burning hard right now, but it's great.

Sitting down and chomping on a piece of cheese just to add a little post-workout protein right now. Phew.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:29 PM
treehugging clicker freak

Having a little bit of an issue and I wanted to post for some advice/feedback/encouragement or a nice kick in the you-know-where.

About 6ish mos ago, my Mom asked me what was my goal weight. I told her I didn't have a specific goal weight in pounds, but I would be happy if I got into a singe digit pants size when I started last year, I was barely fitting into my 16s, I had to get two 18s to wear for work and I was seriously PO'd at myself for that!!
(In retrospect, she was asking because was starting to worry about me )

Since then, I've lost more weight... today I finally broke down and went shopping for new clothes again (I've been , I got a couple of outfits. The jeans I got... fits me very nicely, not tight, comfortable.... 8s I was not braggy but I was happy, my friend who I was shopping with was very happy for me and got me to try on several things I would've NEVER tried on before we were laughing and having a good time.
One outfit she picked out for me was something I knew I'd probably never wear, one with a really short skirt and tights. I put them on with a brave face and we all had a good laugh. She really really liked it, went on and on about it, and then was shocked and devastated when I put them back. She asked my why, and I told her I was too fat to wear something like that, I want my legs to be skinnier before I wear something like that. I don't want to be one of "those girls" who wear clothes that they "shouldn't"

That's when I got the "eating disorder" talk

Then, later, my mom called me with almost the same "eating disorder" talk (yes my "friend" outed me). But I've heard similar from my mom before - she got my dad to ask me if I was taking pills to lose weight several months ago (which I am NOT)

Now, of course I don't think I am being unrealistic at all. My best friend thinks this is all ridiculous, but she is also my weight loss buddy through all this she told me that I could wear these clothes if I wanted to, or had better self image/self esteem, but supports me. I have a new exercise plan to implement this week, targeting the leg /thigh areas. And starting today, I am cutting out pop 100% as opposed to a treat a couple times a week. But unless I am with her, I am feeling very beat down and discouraged about the whole thing to top it off, I had a touch of the stomach flu or something and couldn't keep anything solid down for two days, so they think I'm not eating and starving myself . LOL

Sorry... More of a vent than anything, it seems

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 01-28-2013, 07:16 AM
Vizsla mom

Hey! Don't get down on yourself but instead of saying that you need to lose more weight before wearing clothes (realistically, your best friend wouldn't encourage you to wear something that made you look bad ..unless she's a terrible best friend!), just say you may never be comfortable wearing those things. It's not about weight, or even self-confidence.

I'm super thin and always have been, even when I was out of a shape. Now I run marathons& triathlons and am what most would say is in shape. There are still certain things I'll NEVER wear ..and I usually love them on other people. I wouldn't never wear a midriff baring shirt, no matter how flat my stomach. I HATE short shorts. I can't stand low-cut things, even though I have no real boobs to speak of ahaha

I think there's no point wearing something you feel uncomfortable in! Just tell them maybe you'll get to a point where you are more confident about the clothes and then again, maybe you won't and there's nothing wrong with that either!
Old 01-28-2013, 12:33 PM
The Littlest Hound

145.6! (Chris un-hid the scale this morning for me while I was in bed.. he only brings it out once every other week or so or I'd weigh myself five times a day, and he says that's not healthy... lol)

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CCH 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage CA

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)