Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-23-2013, 10:46 AM
I'm All Ears

Thanks. I will check it out when I get home. I got a message from my trainer of a pic of us all pooped after training yesterday. All I see is FAT.

I got a doctors appointment scheduled this morning for Sept 9th with my gyn. Then a follow up in early October with my regular doctor if need be.

I kept telling myself I would go when I lost that 20 I gained this last year. I know it's silly to not go because of the scale.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:50 AM
I'm All Ears

Is it nerdfitnessrebellion.com?
Old 08-23-2013, 10:56 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Yep, that's the one! Everybody is really pretty nice there. Especially women to other women in that sub-forum. I hope it will help.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 08-23-2013, 12:29 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Brian and I just finished up Speed 1.0 on T25. I don't know if it's because of the carb overload I had last night at our anniversary dinner (Olive Garden... PASTAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! lol) or what but I had so muh energy throughout this whole workout today. more than I've had in a while

and I had to share this photo lol. On a facebook challenge page this month we have to post "accountability photos" and mine got Photobombed

I like that Brian and I are doing these workouts together. makes it easier to stick with it and makes it more fun when you have a partner.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 08-23-2013, 05:17 PM
I'm All Ears

Thanks Beanie. I really hope you know how motivational and supportive you are. It really means a lot.

I need to post on the PCOS fitness boards more again. There's some good stuff there too. I am hopeful that the doctors appointments will be a good step in the right direction.

And even if I am not losing weight, getting stronger and building muscle is a good thing!
Old 08-23-2013, 05:23 PM
Resident fainting goat

Overheard at whole foods "is french toast a carb?"

No.
No it isn't.
IF WE ALL SAY IT IT WILL BE TRUE SPREAD THE WORD FRENCH TOAST IS NOT A CARB IT'S A VEGETABLE AND ITS SUPER GOOD FOR YOU

fries aren't carbs either
neither is pasta
Old 08-23-2013, 06:02 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Thanks Beanie. I really hope you know how motivational and supportive you are. It really means a lot.

I need to post on the PCOS fitness boards more again. There's some good stuff there too. I am hopeful that the doctors appointments will be a good step in the right direction.

And even if I am not losing weight, getting stronger and building muscle is a good thing!
You know one place I noticed a difference? My resting heart rate. My resting rate used to be over 80... Now I am down in the 60's. knowing my heart is stronger and healthier is better than any visible results

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 08-24-2013, 07:35 AM
Show Dog

So, the scale still hasn't budged BUT I feel like my thighs are thinner (thanks Zumba!), I feel like I'm getting more flexible, my overall stress level has gone down tremendously and I feel like my 'tummy' has gotten smaller. Knowing my scale.hasn't moved, and its 15 less than the gym's scale, and 6 poundsess than the Dr's scale - I have been just putting it in between the two (10 pounds). Regardless, the number on my scale hasn't moved up or down. I know I'm still chunky, so I'm going to up my cardio this week for extra calorie burn.

One place I don't notice a difference? My upper body (arms, shoulders, back). Has anyone got a good upper body workout I can try? I have access to a full gym of weight machines, and toning stuff, I just don't know how to use them and what ones I should use.

The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too." - Samuel Butler
Old 08-24-2013, 08:24 AM
Silence! I ban you!

Puts on cheerleader hat:

Don't stress the scale number. Sure, "weight loss" is part of everyone's goal here, but the real goal is better health. A couple of you have seen changes in their bodies (inches, muscle tone, general feeling of wellness) but without a budge in the scale. Please don't get discouraged, the changes are happening.

For me, I'm exactly the same weight I was two weeks ago, even though I've continued to run hard, hit the weights and eat right. I look in the mirror, feel how my clothes fit, feel how I'm not panting as hard on my runs or see that my average heart rate doesn't rise as high when exercising and see that my body is making its changes, just not on the scale.

Keep up the great and awesome work everyone is doing here. Just coming to this thread and making the decision to try to get healthy is progress. Put in the effort, you'll get your results.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:39 AM
Silence! I ban you!