Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-29-2012, 09:33 PM
Top Dog

Roust is a CL dog:

This is him the day I got him:

He's a wonderful dog in every way...except being touched by strangers. But I knew that when I took him.

People give their dogs up for all sorts of reasons, so I don't think there is any reason to assume that if a dog is on CL it has major issues. It's not uncommon at all for people with more than one dog to give up just one of them either. When I did behavior night at the local shelter, I'd get people in who had called wanting to surrender their dog but were willing to come for free behavior counseling. The majority of issues these people were considering giving their dogs up for were really minor and would be non-issues for any dog knowledgeable owners. Stuff like stealing food (including a dog who...of all things stole a hotdog off of a child at a picnic! the horror!), jumping up, chewing when left alone, "every time I take his leash off he runs away", ______________insert various issues associated with lack of management or any attempt at training. There were a few dogs who had more serious problems like a couple with severe separation anxiety or more serious resource guarding but TBH those were few and far between.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:21 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

We got our shih-tzu, Zoey from Craigslist. Wasn't anything but what was advertised. A young shih-tzu, I believe she was 8 months? She was a Christmas gift I believe and when the kids went back to school and the mom's hours changed drastically at her job, they decided to rehome her because she was being crated for a REALLY long time during the day. She wasn't housebroken, but we knew that, and we later found out she wasn't good with other dogs, so we ended up having to rehome her as well. But she was a great dog, sooo sweet and loving, she just didn't get along with our Yorkies. We actually discovered later that we don't think she was starting the fights (because Dixie and Lucy ended up fighting each other) but she was much bigger than them and there was blood drawn a few times, and so it just didn't work out. I miss her though, even though she was stubborn as could be, and STILL wasn't potty trained when we rehomed her.

Chloe - 9 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 3 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 12-29-2012, 11:45 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Ozzy was out of the paper as a puppy being given away with the rest of his litter. Enzo was posted on CL, but by some friends of the family. I didn't know she was on CL until after I'd gotten her from them.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:54 PM
SBT Lover!!

I got Saxon off of an online classified called Uncle Henry's that is pretty much the same thing as CL. Saxon is the best dog in the world.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:04 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron View Post

People give their dogs up for all sorts of reasons, so I don't think there is any reason to assume that if a dog is on CL it has major issues.
Yes. Shamoo is off CL, her owner left her with a pet sitter and the owner unfortunately went into hospice. The pet sitter couldn't keep her and she needed somewhere to go. I agreed to take her and help find her a home and the rest is history.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:10 AM
Top Dog

Nog is a CL dog. His owners were rehoming two cats, a Poodle and Nog because a grandchild was allergic.

ETA: he has no issues. I don't think a CL animal is any more likely to have an issue than a dog from a shelter.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:45 AM
Like a bat outa' hell

Mitsu was a Kijiji re-home. I in no way regret it. I saw her picture and it just instantly drew me in. I knew I needed this dog and after seeing her I knew I could not leave her. She was malnutrition, When I saw her I instantly knew she had health issues, especially with her breathing. And after realizing the health issues she had once I took her to the vet I knew that I did the right thing in taking her and after we lost her I knew that there was NO way someone else was able to give her the life Tyler and I gave her.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 12-30-2012, 02:00 AM
orange iguanas.

I don't really see getting a dog off CL any different from getting a dog from a shelter.

If I were looking for a dog, and found one on CL that seemed like a good fit... I wouldn't have any hesitations with it. Aside from ya know, the normal paranoia about the ad being posted by a crazy person.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 12-30-2012, 08:34 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Joey was on Craigslist. Original owner was getting divorced and gave him to a friend who thought he was too much dog to handle so onto Craigslist he went. Sooo glad I was the one that found him on Craigslist. I originally was pulling him for Ibizan Rescue and they were lining up a foster home for him, but then I decided I absolutely adored him and wanted to keep him. I talked to the rescue and since I had paid the fee to get him from the people that put him on Craigslist, I was told I could keep him if I wanted to and if not they had a foster willing to take him.

He was pretty thin even by sighthound standards and he has a slightly sensitive tummy sometimes, but other than that he was actually really well socialized and very friendly.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 12-30-2012, 08:49 AM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

DO IT ! , THAT LITTLE FACE NEEEEEDDDDDDSDSDSDSDDSSSSSSSSSSSSSS YOU AND JACKSON!

UMM , I mean yes , i have a pair of parakeets off of craigslist. I have helped rehome the pug mixes for my friend son craigslist. Thats a puppy , cant have had to many bad habits. hehehe4