Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 03-26-2006, 08:24 PM
Top Dog

im very straight forward when it comes to "designer dogs" i think they are stupid..and i think the selfish money hungry people who breed them are just as stupid...labradoodles and schnoodles are just a ridiculas fad..once these dogs ware out their "coolness" there are going to be tons of them in sheltars everywhere..if you want a mutt go to the pound and SAVE one..there are millions of mixed breeds dogs in sheltars every where being killed each day...why the hell would you breed them..money..people are selfish and money hungry.ridicuals if you want a hypoallergenic dog frekin go get a coton de tulear, bedlington or schnauzer..as for "wanting to create a new breed"..there are well over 300 breeds of dogs..we dont need anymore!
Old 03-27-2006, 06:51 PM
Puppy Dog

I think alot of people are breeding these dogs just to get the best of two breeds, but its true you never know what you are going to get, but if you do like both breeds you shouldnt be dissappointed. I think it is getting a big out of hand though I can agree with you on that. I have always had purebred poodles all my life, had my first one at twelve years old, Madeline was my first cross breed, must say though I love her and she is so smart, she is a maltipoo, but very maltese like way more than poodle, I didnt really care when I got her, but now I just love the maltese breed and that will be my next dog when the time is right.

Some of these dogs are getting outragously expensive and I know alot of people are just doing it for the latest craze and the money. I wasnt really aware of these things before I got Madeline and started coming on the internet to dog forums seeking information on puppy rearing. Thats the trouble I dont think a majority of people really realize what is going on, they just want a cute little puppy, they go to a store or answer an ad and find all these cute little cross breed dogs, they just fall in love.

MY LITTLE MADELINE And LICORICE

Dogster Page: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=213784 AND http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=213881
Old 03-28-2006, 09:00 AM
Top Dog

Exactly Madaline. It's true that mixes are cute too, and in the end when people want a puppy they will often pay whatever is required for one they really like. I can understand that, I mean I've done it in the past also. The problem is that most people just don't know that by doing this they just encourage those breeders to breed more, and often at the cost of the puppies (and mother) health down the road.

We must realize though that if those breeders didn't breed those mixes they would probably just breed purebreds instead, like so many other BYBs do. They just do whatever is easier to sell I suppose, and oodles often are easy to sell because they can claim that they are hypoallergenic, even when it's not always the case. But after that, it's the same as other purebreds BYBs. Which is why it's important to educate, and why people really get it wrong when they focus their issues on the dogs themselves - the problem really is the breeders, not the dogs.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:20 AM
Active Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danegirl2208
im very straight forward when it comes to "designer dogs" i think they are stupid..and i think the selfish money hungry people who breed them are just as stupid...labradoodles and schnoodles are just a ridiculas fad..once these dogs ware out their "coolness" there are going to be tons of them in sheltars everywhere..if you want a mutt go to the pound and SAVE one..there are millions of mixed breeds dogs in sheltars every where being killed each day...why the hell would you breed them..money..people are selfish and money hungry.ridicuals if you want a hypoallergenic dog frekin go get a coton de tulear, bedlington or schnauzer..as for "wanting to create a new breed"..there are well over 300 breeds of dogs..we dont need anymore!
I agree with you 100%
I dont think its right, personally.
All they are breeding are $600 mutts, dont get me wrong i love mutts and own one myself but to PURPOSELY breed one, i just dont get it.

My Dogs
Little Girl - Lab
Oreo - Mutt
Daisy - Bloodhound
Bingo - Austrailan Shepard

Old 03-29-2006, 03:24 PM
Beagle Bailey

I agree that they are charging way too much for these dogs, but have no real issues with the concept in general.

[
Old 03-30-2006, 08:40 PM
Permanent Troll

It comes down to "supply and demand" .... like everything else in this world. It's something we all need to get use to.
Old 03-30-2006, 08:56 PM
F150 and a .30-06

Quote:
It comes down to "supply and demand" .... like everything else in this world. It's something we all need to get use to
At the expence of many dogs lives?

There is murder. Maybe we should just get used to that to. After all it's a part of our society just like supply and demand

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 03-30-2006, 09:38 PM
Top Dog

Actually I don't think it's supply and demand... Anyone can take two dogs and breed them, it's not like it's a limited supply or something... To totally counter the argument though, look how many of those mixes are in shelters, there's definitely no lack of 'supply'.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:37 PM
Permanent Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennSLK
At the expence of many dogs lives?
I understand it's wrong. BUT - As long as there is a demand for designer breeds, the BYB will continue to breed them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennSLK
There is murder. Maybe we should just get used to that to. After all it's a part of our society just like supply and demand
It is a part of society... and I'm sure you see or hear it everyday. You're use to it already, whether you believe it or not.

And YES it does have to do with supply and demand. As long as the BYB are able to sell them, they will continue to supply them...... they can care-less what happens to the dog after they receive their cash.... and this is something that sucks for the rest of us.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:51 AM
Top Dog

Yeah I agree with that obviously, I just don't think the 'supply' part is true. Unfortunately there is definitely demand for it... people just don't realize that there isn't any limited supply that would justify charging $800 or more for them.