Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-27-2012, 07:39 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
How does this not make you want it as your kennel name even more?!

LOL THERE IS A DANCE AND EVERYTHING!!
You answered your own question.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:08 PM
Aussie Obssessed

Keechak has been my handle on the internet since I was 12 years old so It just seemed fitting to make my kennel "Keechak"
Old 12-27-2012, 08:19 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
My kennel/team/breeder name would be "Space jam"
and then we could play this at every show or event
http://youtu.be/J9FImc2LOr8
and all my dogs would have astrological names.
Totally thought that YouTube link was going to link to this instead
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbHI1yI1Ndk

I don't have one yet, "three shelties and whatever that thing is" was the joke for the dock diving team of Pay, Auggie, Georgie, and Henri LOL. But it was just a joke. I've been trying to come up with one. I don't want "sheltie" to be part of it because I know I'm getting a BC at some point and I don't want the poor BC to be the outcast LOL.
I need to just have a brainstorming session on it. I get great results out of brainstorming sessions. With myself. More than just "thinking" about it.

On the subject of theme song ones though, I'm tempted to go with "Swagger Jagger."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdbyG2MrBHk

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 12-27-2012, 08:25 PM
Top Dog

In the future I'm going to use Laurentide as a kennel name. The Laurentide ice sheet created the terrain of both Nova Scotia and Wisconsin (and Niagara Falls!). In particular, the Kettle Moraines which is some of the most beautiful country I've ever seen. I just love it, I could spend my life just tooling around in that forest with my dog.

For training I want to use TailSpin
Old 12-27-2012, 08:25 PM
Top Dog

I would probably use some form of Torch or Torchbearer. I'm an alum of the University of Tennessee, from the college of communication. One of our 'mascots' is the Torchbearer. He resides on the grounds of the college of communication. He's like the physical manifestation of our handle, the Tennessee Volunteers (why they gave him another name, I have no idea!)

Big bronze statue with a greek god looking dude holding a torch that never burns out. One of our oldest mottos at the university is "One that beareth a torch standeth in shadow to give light to others." I've always liked the sentiment behind it.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:30 PM
Top Dog

Is this a thing? Do I need a team name for my dogs? I know about breeder names, but I've never heard of this for sport dogs and such.

My poor dogs. They don't have a team name or a theme song.

Old 12-27-2012, 08:31 PM
Top Dog

FinkieMom and I are Team Red Dog!
Old 12-27-2012, 09:11 PM
The Littlest Hound

Night terror. So far the Plotts only have their breeder's kennel names but eventually when I re-register Rage with AKC ill try to add night terror to the beginning...

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CCH 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage CA

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 12-27-2012, 09:14 PM
Top Dog

My kennel name is "Flyin' SBTs", or just "Flyin". It came about, rather boringly, because I bred my first litter as a co-breeding with Tully's breeder, so I figured I needed to use her kennel name, which is "DayDream". Tully's registered name was "DayDream London Calling", which meant that Tess' registered name clearly had to be "London's Burning", but with DayDream in there too, that left me only 5 spaces for my own kennel name. Which also had to not sound stupid with "DayDream". So, Flyin DayDream Londons Burning. "Flyin" was for my first Stafford, Elmo, who I adopted as a rescue/rehome. He was known for being a big jumper:

There's no catchy song associated with the name, though I do have a logo:

Which I've never actually used for anything, but there it is. (edited to add that I have no idea why I had a "g" in there, and I'd have to take it off if I ever actually used the logo for anything) And the dogs have songs, obviously. Tess has "London's Burning", because duh. Her daughter, Eva, is "Flyin Eve of Destruction" (her owner tried to come up with more positive imagery, but decided to just accept destiny). And Pirate is "Flyin The Jolly Roger", which sadly is not a song, but I just yesterday learned that Norah Jones wrote a song about agility with Pirate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTxythHY09k

I assure you that this is an accurate rendition, except that Norah Jones is much better looking than me.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:37 PM
Water Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
Is this a thing? Do I need a team name for my dogs? I know about breeder names, but I've never heard of this for sport dogs and such.
Dock diving is the only one I've really seen use it. And mainly those associated with the DockDogs venue. At the Eukanuba event I did see one car that had "Team ____" and it was for agility, though!

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l