Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 01-27-2005, 09:54 PM
Island dweller

Ok. How about one of those dog whistles that apparently only they can hear. LOL Or a fog horn.

Hee hee hee

ok, you can have your thread back.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:20 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatureTeacher
Aw, poor Kharma. The false pregnancy rears its ugly head!

And for the record, I love the name "Bimmer". Where did you get it?
It took a while to find his name. He's mostly black, mostly German, blazingly fast, agile as a whip, accelerates like a rocket, is so dependable, and I brought him home in the 750il BMW - unless it's a strange emergency, trust me, that's the only time I'll be using the 750 to chauffeur one of the dogs! lol! I stopped on my way to pick him up from the farm of a wonderful woman where someone had dumped him and his three siblings out and picked up one of those heavy pads you put underneath a crate and a seat belt harness and left after my last night of work for an attorney in Knoxville, drove an hour and a half, finally found the farm, had dinner with the couple who owned the farm and their neighbors, then drove the two hours home with him. He snuggled right down in the seat, laid his little head across the console with his nose on my leg and never moved a muscle all the way home. What a little gentleman he was even then. So when I added in his beautiful demeanor and his ferocious streak (you should have seen the little fellow the first time someone came to the door!) it suddenly hit me, and Bimmer he is! He looks so respectable on the surface, but he and I both know there's some wolf under that German Shepherd's clothing.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-27-2005, 11:26 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saje
Ok. How about one of those dog whistles that apparently only they can hear. LOL Or a fog horn.

Hee hee hee

ok, you can have your thread back.
Don't you mean one of those whistles that only Kharma can IGNORE!

You should hear all the dogs at the trailer park start barking when I whistle mine in at night. I'm so mean . . . sometimes, when I know the person who poisoned Buffy is home and trying to sleep before working I go out and whistle even though mine are sound asleep on the sofa . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-27-2005, 11:31 PM
Island dweller

LOL Good for you. does it get their dogs up? You don't want the dogs being punished though. I hate that guy
Old 01-28-2005, 12:07 AM
Felurian

About the only dog it wakes up is his Mini Schnauzer - the one that always tries to bite Bimmer and Shiva and Kharma when it escapes. I can hear it howling from inside the mobile home. (evil chuckle) The other dogs (poor things) are left outside to fend for themselves. I always worry when I hear the coyotes too near. We warn the new people that move in with dogs, and tell them that ours are up at night so there's nothing to keep the coyotes at bay.

Little Chester, the Lab, is inside at night and he knows my whistle so well he doesn't bark at all, so Herbie gets to snooze away.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-28-2005, 12:25 AM
Island dweller

Poor dogs. I wish I could take them away from their bad owners.

At least you try to warn them about the coyotes.

I haven't seen coyotes out here (I'm sure there are somewhere) but I have seen bear tracks and that worries me. They should be hibernating now. SHOULD be.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:43 AM
Felurian

If you have wolves there you may not have much of a coyote population. The wolves hate them and the coyotes are afraid of the wolves - justifiably.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-28-2005, 12:49 AM
Island dweller

I don't know which we have here. I imagine wolves more than coyotes because I associate wolves with mountains but I don't know for sure. maybe I'll look into it.