Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 01-14-2005, 12:31 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Angry ford truck commercial

I have seen this commercial a few times now, where a b/w dog is in the back of one truck, another truck pulls up next to it, the dog jumps from one truck bed to the other. I find it upsetting that they would promote something so dangerous for dogs to sell a truck. It is hard enough to educate the public on how fatal this can be. I know Dear Abby has run an article about it several times where a reader tells of his horrible experience. I have always wanted to make copies and hand them out. I Bet they wouldn't put a bunch of children in the back of a truck on camera...anyone else feel this way?
Old 01-14-2005, 09:36 AM
Felurian

I just saw that one last night. They really know their target market, don't they?

I think I'll contact Ford Motor Company about the egregious lack of judgement airing this commercial shows.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-14-2005, 09:39 AM
Felurian

And it hit me - not only is this ad dangerously stupid, it's also incredibly insulting to the dog, inferring that any dog is that superficial!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-14-2005, 03:41 PM
Spoiled Rotten Dog

I guess I haven't seen that one....
Old 01-14-2005, 04:48 PM
Top Dog

You mean not everyone throws their kids and dogs in the back of the truck!

I see dogs in the beds all the time but I would never put mine in one. I saw a dog fall out of one once and it almost got hit. If they would have been going any faster it would have been horrible. That said I sit in the back of trucks all the time. We used too go mudding and pile a ton of us in the back but it really isn't safe, I guess wear just dumb, I got hit with a rock once and it didn't feel to good. Its still legal if your over a certain age isn't it?
Old 01-14-2005, 05:13 PM
Island dweller

I think that depends on where you are.
Old 01-14-2005, 05:45 PM
Top Dog

I haven't seen it, but it already makes me sick. I, too, have seen a poor dog fall out of the back of a truck in traffic. Thank god he wasn't hit. And I jumped out of my vehicle to try and help him round up the poor, disoriented, scared dog. The guy was so mean. He just scooped up his dog and threw him in the back of the truck. I yelled at him "PUT HIM IN THE CAB!!!" And the ****er screams back to mind my own **** business. What a JERK!!!
Old 01-14-2005, 05:57 PM
Island dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
And it hit me - not only is this ad dangerously stupid, it's also incredibly insulting to the dog, inferring that any dog is that superficial!
LOL Glamour dog!
Old 01-14-2005, 08:06 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

It is illegal in kcmo..if you are caught with someone in the back of the truck there is a 200 dollar fine.at least that is what my neighbor told me when we were moving. The teenage boys hopped in the back and i had a cover over the bed, we were only going a block...but the neighbor ran out for he was afraid I would get a ticket so i took his word for it...the dog I saw fall didn't make it, it was hit by the vehicle behind it.
Old 02-05-2005, 03:32 PM
Active Pup

I agree that it's very dangerous to show a dog doing this. Nonetheless, does anyone know what kind of dog that is in the commercial? Our whole family fell in love with him and would like to know if he is a particular breed or just a very cute mixed breed?