Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 03-25-2006, 08:23 PM
Top Dog

I take my dogs to a Holistic vet. He wrote the book Natural Health Bible for Cats and Dogs and has a program on sirius radio. He told me to give my dogs garlic instead of Frontline. So I am curious about the garlic.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:34 AM
Active Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordy View Post
I know walnut oil is not an issue, but I've never come across any information that walnuts are toxic. Walnut hulls (green) are another issue.
We have a walnut tree in our yard and the walnuts get EVERYWHERE, especially b/c of the squirrels. Our new puppy just started chewing on the old nuts from last year and she started puking this morning. Could it be possible that walnuts are bad?! We are going to the vet this morning anyway, so we'll ask then. I just wanted to think on this idea some more.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:35 AM
Active Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdy ridgeback View Post
I take my dogs to a Holistic vet. He wrote the book Natural Health Bible for Cats and Dogs and has a program on sirius radio. He told me to give my dogs garlic instead of Frontline. So I am curious about the garlic.
I'm sure garlic is ok, but yes probably in large quantities not. Rachel Ray used to cook for her dog and garlic was in quite a bit of the food she made. She used onion juice (grated onion) as well b/c the dog didn't like it, but it didn't seem to be harming her. My best advice is to just ASK your VET! Let's not spread a bad food list if it is incorrect!
Old 06-27-2007, 10:57 AM
Top Dog

Fascinating. Thanks Mordy.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:33 PM
123-pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet21 View Post
Common Foods That Are Harmful Or Even Fatal to

chocolate can be fatal to dogs Chocolate can cause seizures, coma and death. Bakerís chocolate is the most dangerous. The darker the chocolate, the more dangerous it is. But any chocolate, in large enough amounts, can kill a dog. An ounce of chocolate can poison a 30-pound dog, and many dogs will happily consume more than this. The symptoms may not show up for several hours (and so might make you think all is well), with death following within twenty-four hours. A dog can consume milk chocolate and appear to be fine because it is not as concentrated, but it is still dangerous.
Very true about chocolate. It can definitely be toxic if the dog eats enough. I wrote an article with a little more info about Dogs and Chocolate. I hope it's ok to post that here.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:35 AM
Active Pup

Thank for the good informations ^_^
Old 07-01-2008, 09:37 AM
Felurian

Once the garlic is cooked it's okay. It's the raw garlic that you want to avoid.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
ó Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-09-2008, 10:21 PM
Puppy Dog

too much of anything is bad, of course! hahaha!

dog crates | dog training crates | dog playpens
dog exercise pens | dog kennels | pooper scooper

...having a dog makes you rich.