Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-26-2012, 10:36 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
I would like to learn to crochet or knit, I don't even know enough to know the difference.
YOUTUBE. Seriously. Between youtube and google I taught myself everything I know about knitting (and I'm pretty **** good, if I do say so myself).

Also, www.ravelry.com is a freaking awesome collection of forums and has a massive pattern database.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 12-26-2012, 10:43 AM
Top Dog

1. Last year my only Resolution was to stop talking to my mother and start getting my life under control. I succeeded, now I have to keep it up!

2. Enjoy Italy. Get out, do things, see new places in Europe, eat all the food, everything. I'm already going to be uncomfortable, might as well do it all the way and enjoy doing it instead of sitting in a room having anxiety attacks.

3. Puppy! I need to decide on a breed/breeder, and start making those first steps.

4. Spend more time with Zander, work more on our videos, really put a lot of work into this hobby and spend as much time as I can with him.

5. GAIN WEIGHT. Holy crap. With all the diet changes I made this year, I never intended to lose weight. Maintain, keep/increase some lean muscle, get healthy. I'm healthy at 120lbs. I'm at 90lbs, and still losing. 30lbs goes a long way on a 5'2'' frame! But I'm steadily losing more and more weight, and I'm really starting to look sickly. I have no energy. This has gotten a tad out of control. I'll see a DR if I have to.

6. Get my friggin' teeth done. Seriously, Liz, just go and get it done and over with. No more pain!
Old 12-26-2012, 10:43 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Thanks for all the help, everyone, this is going to make my goals much easier.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:44 AM
Club Terrible - President

- Get down to around 170, healthily. If I can do this, I will be happy.
- Get better at cooking and do it more often. I'm pretty good, but I don't do it very often.
- Spend more time exercising and training my dogs. I do a lot with them, but I've been slacking the last month or so.
- Debut Em in agility and possibly rally or obedience.
- Finish the final steps to creating my tag business.
- Save more money. I've been horrible this year.
- Move out.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:04 PM
PSD Partner

Seeing how this year I did very little cooking since most foods disagreed with me while pregnant I am determined to do at least one new meal recipe and one new dessert recipe a week.

I also want to do better with updating my blog more regularly.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:26 PM
Top Dog

Stay healthy through the rest of this pregnancy and survive the first few months of motherhood are really my only goals this year.

Save a little more money
Eat healthier and don't let my family influence my diet
Travel before the baby is born, if I'm well enough
Apply to transfer to an Ivy League school. As a single mom with an infant and no money.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 12-26-2012, 01:30 PM
Glutton for Crazy

What do you intend to study and use the degree for? Why not any non Ivy League school?
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:39 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
What do you intend to study and use the degree for? Why not any non Ivy League school?
Because I can get enough scholarship money to get it entirely paid for, and it won't be any different financially than going to the public school I already go to. Right now my major is technically "special honors" but I'm studying film, psych, and literature. I'm considering going for an MA or doctorate in ethology, but honestly I'm not sure.

Old 12-26-2012, 02:02 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
Because I can get enough scholarship money to get it entirely paid for, and it won't be any different financially than going to the public school I already go to. Right now my major is technically "special honors" but I'm studying film, psych, and literature. I'm considering going for an MA or doctorate in ethology, but honestly I'm not sure.
Are you sure about the scholarship thing? My best friend in high school and my cousin applied to only Ivy Leagues, and when they inquired about scholarships, they said they don't give ANY out except for athletic scholarships. At least that's what I'm remembering.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:11 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzigane View Post
Are you sure about the scholarship thing? My best friend in high school and my cousin applied to only Ivy Leagues, and when they inquired about scholarships, they said they don't give ANY out except for athletic scholarships. At least that's what I'm remembering.
Yes. They are generally need-based when provided by the school, however. You can also apply for a lot of other private scholarships. It's easier when you're transferring, I know I wouldn't have been able to do this straight out of high school.