Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 01-25-2005, 03:38 PM
K-9 lover ;)

I am so sorry to hear about Eli. Amy was giving me updates by sending me pm's. Poor Eli, he has been on medicine for several things and now he isn't having to take anymore pills. He is not feeling anymore pain. My heart goes out to you and Amy. I understand how hard it is. I am so glad that you were there with him and that you will be there for Amy when she gets home. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. Please tell Amy that I am so sorry!
RIP my sweet baby....
Rudy - 15 year old dalmation/lab mix
Old 01-25-2005, 04:21 PM
Top Dog

Thanks Roni...Amy sounded a little better today when we talked. I talked her into going out and sightsee today which she is doing. Her meeting isn't until tomorrow. I know she'll answer all the kind letters when she gets home. Her supervisor was so nice and said she could skip and come home,; everything has been taken of, so I glad she stayed.
Old 01-27-2005, 10:04 AM
Felurian

I just wanted to check in with you, Grammy and Amy. I hope her flight home was uneventful; I know the one thing she has wanted to do above all else is get home to you and Hunter and Chip. Just give her our love once again, and whenever she wants to talk she knows we're here for her.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-27-2005, 01:16 PM
Top Dog

It's about 1:30 here now and I pick Amy up at 4:45 . I can't wait to hug her........
Old 01-27-2005, 02:19 PM
K-9 lover ;)

(((hugs)))
RIP my sweet baby....
Old 01-27-2005, 03:37 PM
Love my pets

My thoughts are with all of you right now.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:22 AM
Felurian

I know this is a rough day, Grammy and Amy, but I just wanted to check in and let you know you're in our hearts. You know we're here to listen whenever you get ready.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-28-2005, 01:10 PM
Top Dog

Default Thank you so much...

To all you kind people. I'm back from my trip. Spent the night at my Mom's last night and just came back to my house today. As I type, Hunter lays on the carpet to the side of me all alone. It's so strange not seeing him balled up as tiny as he can get into the crook of Eli's stomach. He was just like that as Eli died, my Mom told me. Eli went so peacefully, so I am grateful for that. We think a blood clot lodged in his heart as he slept. And I am grateful for all your kind words and am crying as I read them and now am typing back to you all. The house is deafeningly quiet. I don't want any televisions on, etc. This is our time. Hunter and I had a long talk last night and I told him he has to be the man of the house, now. Weird thing... when I found out Eli had Lymphoma I went ahead and put in an application at our local golden retriever rescue group, but told them I wouldn't be ready to adopt for some time. Told them of my situation. Upon my return from my trip, I got an e-mail saying I had been approved and can start meeting the dogs whenever I'm ready. I know my next forever dog will either be a golden, or just a big ole lovin' heinz 57 from the pound. Either way, I'll rescue for sure. I'm not even thinking about it right now. I'll know when my heart's ready. Right now I'm just going to concentrate on Hunter and his adjustment (and mine too). Thanks to all...
Amy + Hunter
Old 01-28-2005, 02:11 PM
Felurian

Knowing Eli slipped away in his sleep, Hunter curled next to him in his accustomed spot . . . what a lasting gift he left for you.

Eli will send you someone to make a new place in your heart. You and Hunter (and Grammy too - we've adopted her) have been in all of our thoughts and hearts so much in these recent days. We're here and will love reading any Eli stories you want to tell and I promise that I, for one, will cry with you when I read them.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-28-2005, 02:14 PM
K-9 lover ;)

Amy...I am have been thinking of you and Hunter. I know last night was probably very tough. I am so glad that you had your mother there to be with you. When I go out of town that is who watches my babies...my mom. I just wanted you to know that you all are in my thoughts and prayers.
RIP my sweet baby....