Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 01-24-2005, 05:51 PM
Top Dog

Default Eli ....Rainbow Bridge

It is with great sorry and a heavy heart to tell all who were so kind to Amy and had Eli in their hearts and prayers, that our sweet Eli crossed over to the Rainbow Bridge peacefully in his sleep today. As I wrote last night, all was good. The boys wanted out during the night and we all went back to bed. This morning Eli didn't want to get up. I gave him his meds. and let him sleep until 11 a.m. I finally coaxed him up and he seemed shakey but went outside and just sat in the snow. When I brought him in he wasn't interested in water or a doggy bone. His gums looked a little pale, so I called the vet as we were due in Tues. A.M. for his 2nd chemo. He suggested I bring Eli in anytime today for a blood work up to see if his platelets were "go" for tomorrow. This was around noon and I thought I'd let Eli get his sea- legs before I got him in the car. I came into the computer room and Eli layed down in his usual spot on the rug near me with Hunter curled up next to him. As I checked out these forums, I watch his breathing as he was panting a little. At 1:20 I looked at him and he was gone. His Mommy had called at 11:30 as she arrived in Sweden. I called her back at1:30 and of course it was horrible to break the news. Anyway, we've had many calls back and forth and are trying to look at the positive side that he spared her having to say good bye and I;m glad I was with him for her and for him. She asked me to post for her. She'll be back thursday to her Hunter .Thanks for all the support you gave her. Eli's sad Grammy.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:56 PM
My Ginger Bread Cookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatd
It is with great sorry and a heavy heart to tell all who were so kind to Amy and had Eli in their hearts and prayers, that our sweet Eli crossed over to the Rainbow Bridge peacefully in his sleep today. As I wrote last night, all was good. The boys wanted out during the night and we all went back to bed. This morning Eli didn't want to get up. I gave him his meds. and let him sleep until 11 a.m. I finally coaxed him up and he seemed shakey but went outside and just sat in the snow. When I brought him in he wasn't interested in water or a doggy bone. His gums looked a little pale, so I called the vet as we were due in Tues. A.M. for his 2nd chemo. He suggested I bring Eli in anytime today for a blood work up to see if his platelets were "go" for tomorrow. This was around noon and I thought I'd let Eli get his sea- legs before I got him in the car. I came into the computer room and Eli layed down in his usual spot on the rug near me with Hunter curled up next to him. As I checked out these forums, I watch his breathing as he was panting a little. At 1:20 I looked at him and he was gone. His Mommy had called at 11:30 as she arrived in Sweden. I called her back at1:30 and of course it was horrible to break the news. Anyway, we've had many calls back and forth and are trying to look at the positive side that he spared her having to say good bye and I;m glad I was with him for her and for him. She asked me to post for her. She'll be back thursday to her Hunter .Thanks for all the support you gave her. Eli's sad Grammy.

So sorry for your loss, few months ago lost my Max, and its a tough thing to deal with very tough. But at least he won't have to suffer anymore and she will be reunited with him someday I really trully believe that. My prayers and thought are with you

Old 01-24-2005, 06:03 PM
Felurian

Oh, Grammy. What a wonderful gift Eli gave - releasing you and Amy from the responsibility for having to make a hard, heartbreaking decision one day.

How is Hunter? It's almost as hard to see them grieve as it is to grieve ourselves.

Just know that I am sitting here at the keyboard weeping along with you. Give Amy our love when next you speak to her, and an extra cuddle to Hunter.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-24-2005, 07:34 PM
Top Dog

Thanks, Renee. I just wish I could hug Amy right now. Eli knew what was best for her. I'm glad he was with me here. Hunter doesn't seem too affected, but Chip seems sad. Guess it's a Lab thing over the sensitive Golden. He'll cuddle up to me tonight and get an extra kiss on what Amy calls his "lispys". Amy called as I was writing of his passing....11 P.M. her time and I know she won't sleep well. Luckily her meeting isn't until Wednesday and I'll be here for her Thursday. She's a wonderful sensitive lady who loved Eli so deeply. No matter at any age your youngest is still your baby!!
Old 01-24-2005, 07:38 PM
Island dweller

I'm very sorry. It's so hard to lose anything you love. I wish I could make it easier. Lean on us if you need too.
Old 01-24-2005, 08:00 PM
Top Dog

I'm going to let Amy answer your kind notes when she returns. Thanks to all of you from me...Eli's Grammy
Old 01-24-2005, 09:22 PM
Top Dog

Eli's Grammy, bless you for your warm heart and being with Eli for Amy. I know how hard it must have been for her to have to go away with Eli being sick and how comforting it must have been for her knowing you would be with her much loved Eli. And thankfully you will be there for her when she comes home for a much needed hug & shoulder.

My thoughts are with both of you.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:51 PM
Top Dog

Thanks so much....
Old 01-24-2005, 11:47 PM
Love my pets

Grammy, I'm so sorry to hear about Eli. I'm crying as I try to type this. To lose one of our pets who become so precious to us is heartbreaking. Eli is at peace now and will live on in you and Amy's hearts forever. Give Hunter a hug & kiss from me.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:14 AM
Top Dog

Thanks, Barb......it's been rough, but we know he's at peace and he did it his way...