Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 03-20-2006, 10:30 AM
Big Dog

Those bassets are definitly crossed with begale or something. That's not how a basset is suppose to look. Their paws were way too small, their leggs were way too long and thier ears were way too short ...I could go on, but this is really awful. The way the site was set up you could tell all they cared about was money, those poor dogs , they all looked unhealthy. You can tell that the money being made was not going to them. How sad!
Old 03-20-2006, 05:28 PM
Quigleyfied

Freaking puppy millers.
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Old 03-20-2006, 08:00 PM
Puppy Dog

Did you see the "Go Doodle Platinum Package" for $4,000? That whole site makes me feel sick.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:19 PM
Training the Trainer

I have received no less than three abusive emails since my intial one telling them that what I thought.

Tried to tell me that they've been doing what they do for eons and do not `live off their dogs'. I have not bothered to reply, even though it made me so angry. You just can't get through to some people.

The thing that's made me the maddest, is that their `purchase policy' doesn't once talk about the standards that must be met in order to buy one of their puppies, all it talks about is money. So basically, if you can fork out however much they charge before you even get to see a puppy - you have to buy off PHOTOS?????? - you can have one, no matter who you are. Just disgusting.

What I want to know is, is there anyone that these people can be reported to? Surely not even being able to view a puppy before putting down a ridiculously huge deposit must be illegal...

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare, and love we can spare. In return they give us their all. It is the best deal man has ever made

Last edited by Rubylove; 03-20-2006 at 08:31 PM.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:49 PM
Top Dog

Sad site !!! Their Goldens look pathetic !!! To me ANY site that has that many breeds and hybrids are nothing but puppy mills !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 03-20-2006, 09:26 PM
but please call me Aus.

Those poor pups! The dogs look horrible.. Ruby, I can't believe they replied! I sent an email to the "Bad Breeder" I posted about the other day, she didn't reply to me, and many other fellow ACD lovers did also and they too did not get a reply. I wish she would though... I'd LOVE to she what she has to say!.... Well I must go check my emails now...
Old 03-20-2006, 09:45 PM
Training the Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusCatDogs_4Ever
Those poor pups! The dogs look horrible.. Ruby, I can't believe they replied! I sent an email to the "Bad Breeder" I posted about the other day, she didn't reply to me, and many other fellow ACD lovers did also and they too did not get a reply. I wish she would though... I'd LOVE to she what she has to say!.... Well I must go check my emails now...
Oh yes, they replied instantly! When I said I was in animal welfare, they told me to `go and get a real job' - which clearly states their attitude towards animals, if they don't think that's a real job! I was tempted to write back and say, `I have a real job, I help animals, you exploit them' but I didn't. I don't want to engage in internet tit-for-tat with morons like them...

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare, and love we can spare. In return they give us their all. It is the best deal man has ever made
Old 03-20-2006, 11:29 PM
F150 and a .30-06

Quote:
Oh yes, they replied instantly! When I said I was in animal welfare, they told me to `go and get a real job' - which clearly states their attitude towards animals, if they don't think that's a real job! I was tempted to write back and say, `I have a real job, I help animals, you exploit them' but I didn't. I don't want to engage in internet tit-for-tat with morons like them...
You should have replyed that you do have a real job. Helping their porrly bred dogs, when they get dumped in the shelter because of their breeding and the fact they are BYB's and dont screen their buyers. Just give them to the first person willing to pay that much money

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 03-21-2006, 12:56 AM
Training the Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennSLK
You should have replyed that you do have a real job. Helping their porrly bred dogs, when they get dumped in the shelter because of their breeding and the fact they are BYB's and dont screen their buyers. Just give them to the first person willing to pay that much money
In my reply to their first email I said that I helped to rescue dogs for a living, and they wrote back - `not any of OUR dogs'. Well, clearly not, I live in Australia!! But I have no doubt that their harsh refund policies have led to many dogs in shelters. I emailed the ASPCA this morning to see if their purchase policy is actually legal - I can't imagine anywhere that would insist on you paying for something before you actually see it, and then being forbidden a refund if you don't like what you get, when you DO actually get to see it!!

Did you notice on their site they tell you not to write and criticise them, quite clearly??? Obviously I'm not the first person who has written to give them opinions on their backyard breeding.

Old 03-21-2006, 12:58 AM
Training the Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennSLK
In my reply to their first email I said that I helped to rescue dogs for a living, and they wrote back - `not any of OUR dogs'. Well, clearly not, I live in Australia!! But I have no doubt that their harsh refund policies have led to many dogs in shelters. I emailed the ASPCA this morning to see if their purchase policy is actually legal - I can't imagine anywhere that would insist on you paying for something before you actually see it, and then being forbidden a refund if you don't like what you get, when you DO actually get to see it!!

They also tried to tell me that my PUREBRED Australian Standard Labradoodles are nothing but nasty illegal backyard crosses - and that they came up with Goldendoodles long before we ever came up with Labradoodles in Australia, but despite that, the whole nasty Doodle mess is Australia's fault. Complete contradiction of themselves there. And I don't think they've been puppy milling since before 1982, when the first Labradoodle was bred.

Did you notice on their site they tell you not to write and criticise them, quite clearly??? Obviously I'm not the first person who has written to give them opinions on their backyard breeding.