Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 03-26-2006, 06:27 PM
Sit! Good dog.

So you wouldn't own a dog that looks like a wolf... Many people would. It is their passion. Yours is for a retriever (I am sure you must work them - you wouldn't have got them for looks judging by your previous comment as that is not a valid reason (purpose) for a dog?)
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 03-26-2006, 06:28 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie + Chessies

Ready to stop beating a dead horse? I am.

Only coz you know I'm right *runs away and hides*
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Old 03-26-2006, 06:29 PM
Show Dog

the difference is function over looks....putting away my bat now.
Old 03-26-2006, 06:31 PM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy
Only coz you know I'm right *runs away and hides*
no....tired fingers...we could go on forever...have four sweet begging eyes wanting me to take them to the park....

and it is a mix...
Old 03-26-2006, 06:31 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Well... I think that looks is as good as purpose as any. And MOST people buy dogs for looks these days anyway. Or personality. NOT working ability. Look at toy dogs - what use are they lol! (joke!)

But yes.. enough is enough and it is WAY past my bedtime.. Even the dog has got bored and gone to sleep

Old 03-26-2006, 06:33 PM
Show Dog

Nighty night!
Old 03-26-2006, 08:19 PM
Salty Sea Dog

like i said before, sometimes companionship is as good a purpose as any...

my chihuahuas were not bred to do anything special, i have chihuauas because i love the way they look and i ADORE their personalities, from what we can find they were never bred to do anykind of work...they were bred simply for looks and for companionship...

and ill tell you...
they do a pretty damned good job of it...

i suppose im kind of playing the devils advocate in this one...

But it just bothers me that people seem to place companionship low on the list of jobs dogs do...and i personally think its the one they do best.

I wonder if other dogs think Cresties are members of some weird religious cult?

Adventures In Cluck Clucks, watch them grow @
http://suburbancluckclucks.blogspot.com

Hand Made Fleece Blankets

Old 03-26-2006, 09:02 PM
Puppy Dog

Never heard of them. They're gorgeous dogs though, i'd love to own one. Love wolves .
Old 03-28-2006, 01:02 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatd
I've always wondered why people will go into exotic and unproven breeds when they are so many great ones available plus in the HS.
There are certain qualities people look for. I went the route I did because I knew the family the dog came from, I wanted a husky/malamute variety of dog but with more versatillity and resilliance, I wanted an easily impressionable dog, I wanted considerable intellegence, plus a variety of other traits. I won't lie and say that some of the appeal wasn't the wolf-ish features like appearance and build, but they were a mere portion of what made the whole package appropriate for me.

I've always wondered why people who sell and give away exotic and unproven breeds do so to idiots when there are so many smart people out looking to make great pets of them.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:29 AM
Active Pup

Thumbs down back off

his love for these new doggies is great i think all breeds were started that way too the shihtzu at some point was thought as an apso so who careif we find good combos then go for it i have a papas tzu he has the most wonderful personality i could ask for but my pure breed shih tzu is a typical one who is totally different then pluto i would love papastzu to be a full breed one day i want a girl because i have fallen in love with my hybrid

steph