Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 06-05-2013, 11:14 PM
Top Dog

Ignore the fact that I suck at posing as well as my dog, but here is a good growth set of pictures! First one was the day I picked her up, second was almost the beginning of February and the last one was earlier tonight.

Also, I love how she has the same ear lifted sideways in all three of them haha.

In other Journey news: We haven't been doing much in the way of classes or training. We are in the process of moving so have been super busy, and also unfortunately my work schedule is annoying and gets in the way of the classes Journ is able to attend because I get home too late for their start times. :-(

Hopefully I'll be able to find something later on this month or next month if anybody is running any classes this summer.

I entered her in two shows. One is in the middle of July, the other in August. I figured I should get out there with her and have us both experience it and see what happens! My only expectation is that we have fun and I don't stress too much about it. I think I'll be ok this time around though, as I feel like I have a slightly better idea what I'm doing, and I have an unflappable dog at the end of my leash, which definitely helps.

Lately it's like a flip was switched in Journey's head and she's acting like a little adult. I love wanna-be-adult Journey, but I miss puppy Journey a bit. She's just so oddly mature and together for an 8 month old suddenly. But still a big goofball. She's just taking things slightly more seriously now, and she's also discovered that things should be barked at apparently... but I 'blame' a certain orange dog for teaching her that. She seems extra impressionable suddenly as far as the other dogs go, so I'm making sure she has even more 1:1 time without the other dogs. The Dobes are far from a bad influence in most regards, but Dance certainly is, so Journey's Dance time has been cut way down for now.

I also bought her a new lifejacket and a backpack (for use next year, as she's pretty young for it this year) today. My store only had the old models and Ruffwear has nicer ones now, but that's ok, these ones are good too! And were cheap.

And we went to for a drive out west this past weekend and stopped at Elbow Falls (a scenic park with a water fall off the Elbow river). Save for some bratty leash pulling suddenly, she was wonderful. She's toned down nicely on her stranger greetings a lot lately vs. the very bouncy, in your face, overly exuberant puppy way she used to want to greet people. But she was still certain that everyone there was there just for her and if she had it her way I'm sure she would've made a 'Free Journey Hugs' booth haha. She wanted snuggles and pets from everyone and was super polite. Everybody loved her and made sure she left with a big head.

That's all for now! Just thought I'd share a quick 8 month update!

Ripley
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FDCh-G
Keira CGN
Old 06-05-2013, 11:40 PM
Top Dog

She is SO PRETTY!

I love the comparison shots
Old 06-05-2013, 11:42 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Omg she is gorgeous!!! And that profile shot of her in the backpack? OMG. Just so pretty! And grown up!

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 06-06-2013, 08:34 AM
love herds

She is seriously gorgeous, and it sounds like she is maturing beautifully (even if it is a little sad)

"A dog of uncanny brain and great loving loyal heart and with a dancing sense of fun, a dog with a soul."- Albert Payson Terhune (lad)
Old 06-06-2013, 09:11 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenay View Post
She is SO PRETTY!

I love the comparison shots
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dixie's_Mom~ View Post
Omg she is gorgeous!!! And that profile shot of her in the backpack? OMG. Just so pretty! And grown up!
Thank you! Yes, grown up she definitely is looking. I feel like she's matured so much more quickly than my other dogs, even Dance. It's so strange lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieAshley View Post
She is seriously gorgeous, and it sounds like she is maturing beautifully (even if it is a little sad)
Thank you! I'm totally biased, but I think she's growing up super nicely.

Ripley
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FDCh-G
Keira CGN
Old 06-06-2013, 10:50 PM
treehugging clicker freak

She's GORGEOUS!!!! <3

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 06-07-2013, 02:30 AM
Top Dog

Holy wow, the photos are stunning! Everything about them. The colors, the subject... Journey is one of the most beautiful Aussie I've ever seen, hands down. I cannot believe just how stunning she is and how well she's matured. And her coat is so lovely.

I desperately need a black tri Aussie. I have seriously never been big on Aussies until Journey and Merlin came along. And now it's OMG MUST HAVE PLEASE.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:19 AM
Top Dog

She is so pretty, I love her coat length! Will it stay that length or get longer with maturity?

She has the best smile and her colors are so rich. I have dogs very similar in color but they just do not shine the way hers do!
Old 06-07-2013, 09:50 AM
Top Dog

<3 So much love for Journey! She's grown up so nicely and looks awesome in her new gear!
Old 06-07-2013, 10:17 AM
I'm All Ears

She is absolutely gorgeous. Such a soft, kind expression in her eyes.