Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-25-2012, 11:06 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Are you shooting in RAW? Was your white balance set to auto? Unless you have a program like lightroom then you'll need to change the WB on your camera to match the color. Most likely it was set to Tungsten. It exists for the when shooting indoors with tungsten lighting, it will add coolness (blue tone) to the photo to counteract the orange cast coming from the indoor lighting. Try using Fluorescent or Daylight depending on the lighting in your house, or flash if you're using flash. Normall I use auto WB and correct it in light room (because I don't think my camera is smart enough) but without an editing software you're going to need to tackle this in camera.
ahahahaha right, I forgot to check that, and I bet it's on Tungsten for work Thanks! (I wasn't too impressed with the pictures anyway, luckily)

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 12-25-2012, 12:32 PM
Top Dog

I thought about trying to get into the 52 weeks on Flickr, but 1) don't think my pictures are good enough and 2) I hear it's not as active as it used to be? I enjoy Amanda and Katie's threads SO much, though. I'm excited for this 52 weeks challenge!
Old 12-25-2012, 12:51 PM
Slave to the Aussie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
I thought about trying to get into the 52 weeks on Flickr, but 1) don't think my pictures are good enough and 2) I hear it's not as active as it used to be? I enjoy Amanda and Katie's threads SO much, though. I'm excited for this 52 weeks challenge!
Your pictures are for sure good enough and the group is plenty active for me.
You should see if they have any last minutes slots left!
Old 12-25-2012, 12:57 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
Well then mine aren't good enough either! :P

It looks fairly active. I really just need incentive for myself to be a better photographer. I used to be ok, but then I stopped using manual in any way and even forgot how (I used to use Canon, now use Nikon and in the switch, forgot the little I knew before). Plus, a hobby that makes me do something else besides train dogs is kind of nice Although, Kastle will probably be sick of this "new" hobby by the end haha
Old 12-25-2012, 04:03 PM
Top Dog

It seems my new point and shoot has above-average manual settings. Granted, it won't be the best quality ever...still a point and shoot. But it'll be nice to at least re-learn some of the basics of ISO and shutter speed settings before getting my hands on something more complicated and expensive. And it tells me what I set the settings to, so I don't forget!
Old 12-25-2012, 05:21 PM
Water Junkie

I really have nothing constructive to add, other than I'm looking forward to having a photography challenge! I'm sure I won't be able to participate each week with college, but I hope to try!

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 12-25-2012, 06:41 PM
Top Dog

To shoot in RAW, RAW + JPEG, or just JPEG?
Old 12-25-2012, 06:59 PM
Glutton for Crazy

RAW, if you plan to edit you'll want the RAW file. Some shoot raw+jpeg because they won't have to convert unless needed but that takes up way too much room on a card & my camera. Jpeg isn't an option for me anymore, it's too limiting.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:22 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
RAW, if you plan to edit you'll want the RAW file. Some shoot raw+jpeg because they won't have to convert unless needed but that takes up way too much room on a card & my camera. Jpeg isn't an option for me anymore, it's too limiting.
So do you think I should just jump in all the way and go RAW? I have Lightroom and PhotoShop but I have never done anything with RAW. Do I import/edit them the same way as a jpeg? And then how do I save them? I like editing my photos and mine take a significant amount for me to even half-way like them with my new camera because I'm not happy with my creative auto settings...
Old 12-25-2012, 07:56 PM
Behavior Nerd

I was just wondering the same thing about RAW...