Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #111  
Old 12-25-2012, 09:40 AM
stardogs stardogs is offline
Behavior Nerd
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 4,287
Default

So in addition to requiring photos be shot in manual, are we also requiring no post processing? I just got PS Elements from my husband... LOL
__________________
Erin, Ziva, Kestrel, Aerten, and Snipe
Always in our hearts: The Amazing Maggie Mae


Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 12-25-2012, 10:07 AM
AdrianneIsabel's Avatar
AdrianneIsabel AdrianneIsabel is offline
Glutton for Crazy
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 8,886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post
So in addition to requiring photos be shot in manual, are we also requiring no post processing? I just got PS Elements from my husband... LOL
Oh no, you can process! Editing is part of the process, imo. The goal is always to shoot it right first but minor edits are totally. acceptable. Certain weeks like shooting with sunspots will say these cannot be done in post production because that's not the goal.

Yay for PS!
__________________
Sloan von Krigbaum CGC BH CD NA NJ PD MJ-N RATI RATN 3/7/10 -
Shamoo NJ-N RATI RATN 3/1/98 -
Phelan du Loups du Soleil 6/15/13-

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.


Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 12-25-2012, 10:08 AM
JessLough JessLough is online now
Love My Mutt <3
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 12,957
Default

Alright folks... my photos are all BLUE D= WTF?! LOL
__________________
Ella: 2 1/2 year old female ferret
Nacho: ~7 year old male ferret

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 12-25-2012, 10:27 AM
FG167's Avatar
FG167 FG167 is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Jefferson, GA
Posts: 2,290
Default

My request to join the 52 weeks of dogs was just accepted!!

I am so excited! I know they have a waiting list normally so I did not expect to be able to get in this year. I am combining that with this and hoping by the end of the year I will be a better photographer!

Kastle is going to be my subject (Limit is FAR from being patient enough for me to tinker with settings while he "poses").
__________________
~Falon~
Kastle (GSD) - Eden (Cardi) - Limit (Kelpie)
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 12-25-2012, 10:32 AM
MandyPug's Avatar
MandyPug MandyPug is offline
Sport Model Pug
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 5,121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
My request to join the 52 weeks of dogs was just accepted!!

I am so excited! I know they have a waiting list normally so I did not expect to be able to get in this year. I am combining that with this and hoping by the end of the year I will be a better photographer!

Kastle is going to be my subject (Limit is FAR from being patient enough for me to tinker with settings while he "poses").
Have fun! I asked last minute and got in for 2012. It's definitely helped me learn how to use my camera and started me on being more creative. I would do it again if I had another dog but I only have Izzie.
__________________

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 12-25-2012, 10:34 AM
JessLough JessLough is online now
Love My Mutt <3
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 12,957
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
Have fun! I asked last minute and got in for 2012. It's definitely helped me learn how to use my camera and started me on being more creative. I would do it again if I had another dog but I only have Izzie.
Well there's only one answer to that problem...
__________________
Ella: 2 1/2 year old female ferret
Nacho: ~7 year old male ferret

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 12-25-2012, 10:48 AM
FG167's Avatar
FG167 FG167 is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Jefferson, GA
Posts: 2,290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
Have fun! I asked last minute and got in for 2012. It's definitely helped me learn how to use my camera and started me on being more creative. I would do it again if I had another dog but I only have Izzie.
Your thread on here is what got me interested in it But, I figured I wasn't good enough to be included in the group, I saw some complaints about the wait list being too long etc. But, I just asked yesterday and got my email acceptance today. I am hoping it will help me and my photography...and Kastle's posing. I'm really looking forward to it! I think people can use the same dogs again, can't they?
__________________
~Falon~
Kastle (GSD) - Eden (Cardi) - Limit (Kelpie)
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 12-25-2012, 10:52 AM
katielou's Avatar
katielou katielou is offline
Slave to the Aussie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Washington State
Posts: 1,178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
Your thread on here is what got me interested in it But, I figured I wasn't good enough to be included in the group, I saw some complaints about the wait list being too long etc. But, I just asked yesterday and got my email acceptance today. I am hoping it will help me and my photography...and Kastle's posing. I'm really looking forward to it! I think people can use the same dogs again, can't they?
Yay I'm in that group too! Looking forward to seeing your photos there!
__________________
"If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin' somebody else's dog around."
- cowboy wisdom
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 12-25-2012, 10:52 AM
MandyPug's Avatar
MandyPug MandyPug is offline
Sport Model Pug
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 5,121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
Your thread on here is what got me interested in it But, I figured I wasn't good enough to be included in the group, I saw some complaints about the wait list being too long etc. But, I just asked yesterday and got my email acceptance today. I am hoping it will help me and my photography...and Kastle's posing. I'm really looking forward to it! I think people can use the same dogs again, can't they?
They can but I'm just not feeling it for a second year. It's tough to come up with 52 ideas as it is! Though there's always events for 2013... Like agility nationals
__________________

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 12-25-2012, 11:02 AM
AdrianneIsabel's Avatar
AdrianneIsabel AdrianneIsabel is offline
Glutton for Crazy
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 8,886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
Alright folks... my photos are all BLUE D= WTF?! LOL
Are you shooting in RAW? Was your white balance set to auto? Unless you have a program like lightroom then you'll need to change the WB on your camera to match the color. Most likely it was set to Tungsten. It exists for the when shooting indoors with tungsten lighting, it will add coolness (blue tone) to the photo to counteract the orange cast coming from the indoor lighting. Try using Fluorescent or Daylight depending on the lighting in your house, or flash if you're using flash. Normall I use auto WB and correct it in light room (because I don't think my camera is smart enough) but without an editing software you're going to need to tackle this in camera.
__________________
Sloan von Krigbaum CGC BH CD NA NJ PD MJ-N RATI RATN 3/7/10 -
Shamoo NJ-N RATI RATN 3/1/98 -
Phelan du Loups du Soleil 6/15/13-

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.


Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:02 AM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site