Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-23-2012, 10:04 AM
such sights to show you

Traditionally we celebrate with my family on Christmas Eve. But this year, my nephew has a new job and he can't take tomorrow off so we're celebrating with my family later today. In-laws live out of town so we fly out to see them every couple of years.

Not sure what I'm going to do Monday and Tuesday, haven't really decided yet.

Old 12-23-2012, 10:08 AM
Top Dog

We're going to our youngest son & his girlfriend's in Virginia. My husband is still working on the house (doing stuff while the walls are opened that isn't covered by insurance). We're leaving here about 2 tomorrow morning. He has to work Wednesday, so we'll have Christmas dinner on Monday and head home sometime Christmas Day.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:38 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Today we're going to my dad's extended family and celebrating Christmas there. Christmas Eve (or early Christmas morning, haven't decided which) I'm going to make Mike unwrap the presents I got him and let the munchkins unwrap their gifts as well. Christmas morning around 10:00 or so, Mike and I are heading out to my family's house and we're doing stockings, presents, and brunch. Then later that evening we're going to my mom's extended family and celebrating Christmas there.

Mike's family isn't big into celebrating, so we aren't doing anything with them. Although I think his dad will be coming up later in the week for us to have dinner together.

Old 12-23-2012, 11:39 AM
Show Dog

My parents are gone, brother and I don't speak, extended family drifted away. Hubby lost his Dad back in 1999 so after his Mom passed a couple years ago we decided to change up the traditions. We (Hubby & I, + our 2 kids. They're 18 and 24, but still at home) have our big meal Christmas Eve, then volunteer at the rescue Christmas Day. When we're home we just hang out together (Santa always brings a family activity/game. Lame but fun) eating leftovers, Pizza for supper.

Old 12-23-2012, 11:46 AM
Felurian

Dina (the friend I critter-sit for) tells me I'm spending Christmas day with them, and her mother tells me I'm spending their second one on the 28th there.

And I'm sure there will be plenty of to clean up here.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-23-2012, 12:04 PM
<(<) <()> (>)>

SO and I are both spending christmas eve with our families. We usually hang out during the day, go for a walk, maybe this year walk a dog from the animal rescue. Have a nice christmas eve dinner (this year truffle pasta) and open presents. Then we usually play a game of some sort.

On the first christmas holiday (christmas day for you), SO is coming here and we are all going to my grandma's (dad's side) having a big christmas lunch there (2 geese, stuffing, soup ect. ect.) open presents and then play games. Usually head home are 6.

On the second christmas holiday (we have a day more off ) (we are all stuffed) we head to my other grandma's for christmas dinner, open presents there and so on. ^^

THEN on the 27th we are heading over to SO's parents, more food.

28th is a "I will never ever eat again" day.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:18 PM
Top Dog

Woah, I thought I was the only one going to the movies on Christmas. My family gave me crap about missing out on 2-3 hours of family time on Christmas LOL What's everyone going to see? I'm watching Les Mis with a friend and really looking forward to it.

Other than that, it'll just be opening presents, taking pictures of Trent opening his presents, and a big family dinner. We tend to do most of our celebrating on Christmas Eve - most of the time we actually open presents then, too.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:24 PM
Top Dog

Tomorrow I'm working and then I'll probably go home and groom the dogs haha. Not exciting at all. Christmas Eve is usually uneventful anyway, although normally we go to my Aunt's for a get together. But she decided not to do that this year. Then on Christmas day we'll open gifts and then a couple of people are coming over, but we're having our actual Christmas on Boxing Day/the 26th this year because of a conflict with my uncle's girlfriend's family. Normally we have our dinner and whatnot on Christmas Day.

Ripley
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FDCh-G
Keira CGN
Old 12-23-2012, 01:28 PM
Play that funky music.

Not a whole lot. Dunkin' Donuts for breakfast Christmas morning, waiting for my brother and father to get home from work in the morning, then opening presents and lounging for the rest of the day. Might go see a movie.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:34 PM
Love My Mutt <3

We'll have dinner on Tuesday and open gifts then. First the humans and rosey, then I'll take the ferrets one by one to open theirs

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13