Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-22-2005, 11:03 PM
Top Dog

Default Need a dog-loving lawyer...

Hello all!

I'm looking for someone with a working knowledge of Colorado law who'd be willing to hold my hand through making a change for the good of thousands of pooches here. Any takers?
Old 01-23-2005, 08:56 AM
Top Dog

I'm not sure what you are looking to accomplish but I'm going to give you a link to a wonderful organization that I belong to that does some amazing things for our furpals. You might want to check it out.

http://www.adoa.org/
Old 01-23-2005, 09:07 AM
Felurian

Another place to check is with any of your local (or statewide) rescue organizations - find out which attorneys are on their donor lists, boards of directors, etc.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-23-2005, 02:22 PM
Felurian

If you want any pointers on communicating with attorney, just yell. It's part of what I do for a living - and trust me, it's not quite like communicating with people, and nothing like communicating with dogs at all! lol Think of communicating with a cat with a very, very short attention span for anything that's outside their immediate point of focus.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-23-2005, 03:04 PM
Top Dog

That's what all my cats are like!!
But thanks for the offer. I'll definitely keep you in mind!
Old 01-23-2005, 03:16 PM
Felurian

I guess I've been spoiled - my cats have been very attentive and given to carrying on lengthy and esoteric conversations.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-23-2005, 03:25 PM
Top Dog

lol! My cats tend to have heated discourse on the nature of the universe at 2 a.m. Then they race into the bedroom and loudly ask us to settle their conflict while licking our noses. But by god, if you want to get their attention, you'd better have a legless, unhealthy mule deer hidden in your trousers.
Old 01-23-2005, 03:39 PM
Felurian

ROFL! What an image!

Maybe an ability to converse with cats is directly related to the ability to converse with attorneys . . .

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-23-2005, 05:19 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
If you want any pointers on communicating with attorney, just yell. It's part of what I do for a living - and trust me, it's not quite like communicating with people, and nothing like communicating with dogs at all! lol Think of communicating with a cat with a very, very short attention span for anything that's outside their immediate point of focus.

LOL! I work with them too and have worked with a few since I have been out of college. I love the ones I work with NOW to pieces (a few from before, not so much), but I know what you mean. My friend at work and I were just talking about how we prefer to speak with the secretaries over the attorney because every secretary knows how best to handle the attorney she works for in most situations. That was a very good analogy!