Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-02-2013, 10:04 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airn View Post
Gwen appears to be a very oddly shaped dog. Or I suck at measuring. Maybe a bit of both. All of the sizes I ended up getting didn't come close to any that they had in stock. Guess we'll wait another day.

I kept getting something around

Chest 26 in
Neck 17 in
Length 21 in
Those are almost Sako & Piper's exact same measurements, weird! I was just measuring them because I figured for $10, they'd be cute, plus they hate the cold.. but yeah.. their size 16 is a 25" chest & length of 14".. that's no where close!
Old 01-02-2013, 10:26 PM
Twin 1

If length is the problem, it may not be worth worrying about. I haven't looked at the sizes since I ordered Boone's, but they vary quite a bit for different shapes. I went with a size 20 for Boone. With a long Catahoula body, none of them would have actually made it all the way down to his tail. That one was just closest to his chest and neck size. I'm really pleased with how it fits him, though.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:39 PM
Top Dog

If there wasn't such a huge difference between their actual length and the length of the fleece, I wouldn't care much. But when they measure 21-22" long with a 26" chest, and the size that goes with that chest size (since it says that's the most important) is only 15" long.. meh.

The size 18 might work for mine, neck size is correct (they all measure around 17-17.5"), but I think the chest would be too big.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:15 AM
Top Dog

Jackson's didn't fit... I sent it back to be exchanged, but the pattern wasn't currently in so I don't know if they will or not. Jackson has a 19" girth and is about 14" long to base of tail. I got him a size 12, per the measurements on the BaxterBoo site. But now that I see the Premier website, I definitely should've gotten the 14.

Brit & Jackson