Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 01-22-2005, 02:13 PM
Show Dog

Exclamation Veggies

How do I get Blondie to eat vegetables? He only eats meat (beef, chicken, liver) and macaroni and some broth when he feels like it, but _no_ veggies. He sometimes eats some puree or Gerber but not too often. I've tried cooking potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots and others in beef broth in the pot, but he doesn't like them either.

What do I do? How do I cook them, because I know it's very important for him to eat veggies, he's just picky and if I mix them with beef and macaroni, he'd take the veggie pieces out and eat the rest. Advice please...
Old 01-22-2005, 09:34 PM
Felurian

Try mashing them up after you've cooked them in the beef broth and really mix them together with the meat so that they're clinging to the meat.

They can be so much like little kids sometimes. You'd laugh if you saw Shiva and Kharma eating vegetables. If I'm fixing cabbage Kharma will beg for the core. She takes it off to her 'nest' under the kitchen table and slobbers and drools while she thoroughly enjoys it. Shiva likes the raw leaves! Shiva even likes sauerkraut. And they both love apples.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-22-2005, 09:51 PM
Top Dog

I had a golden retriever growing up named Rufus. He was so cool. When he would get peas in his dinner, he would somehow eat EVERYTHING in his dinner but somehow left every darn pea in his bowl. How he did that, I don't know... LOL.
Old 01-23-2005, 02:20 PM
Playful Husky Pup

I make my dogs food and I run my veggies i put in their food through the blender and mix it in with their meat really well. My dogs love it