Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-21-2005, 08:33 PM
Island dweller

Do you really think that the insurance company would be bothered by that little dog even though he's aggressive? I don't know. I really can't see it. That is a good thought though
Old 01-21-2005, 08:46 PM
Felurian

Well . . . a dog bite is a dog bite and insurance companies are always looking for a reason to cancel. She may want to keep things quiet regardless of which dog the insurance company would look at, just to keep the insurance company from looking too hard.

On the other hand, if you were to be bitten by a certain small dog . . . jest kiddin'! Well, sorta - guess you can figure there's not much I wouldn't do for my dogs, hmmm?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-21-2005, 08:49 PM
Island dweller

LOL Well, she was bit but I think he was sore and she was handling him to much or something. He's actually a pretty nice dog. I feel bad he got hurt.

I, also, will defend my dog to.. (never mind I won't say that). But I've got his back!
Old 01-22-2005, 08:58 AM
Love my pets

I'm sitting here on pins & needles just hoping for the best for you. Up here in Connecticut, dogs bites are taken lightly. My friend's daughter was over a neighbors house a few months ago and their dog got excited and bit her, nothing serious, but when her mom took her to the doctor to look at it, he reported the incident. Sadly, the neighbor's dog was put to sleep because of it. Everyone including my friend were heartbroken since everyone loved the dog. Please keep us informed.
Old 01-22-2005, 09:10 AM
Felurian

That's just WRONG! We require so much more self-control from our dogs than from our own children - or even ourselves. They aren't even allowed self defense in many places. Really, some of these nefarious regulations should be challenged!

Keep in mind, Mikey didn't bite a person - he bit a dog that is also aggressive toward him. The other dog bit its owner.

Honestly, I don't know why superficial dog bites even go to the doctor or hospital. Peroxide 'em and hit 'em with Betadine or Neosporin.

Much ado about nothing in most cases.

It's not like you're going to catch something as is possible from a human bite. Do they report human kids when they bite someone and hold the parents' responsible? Of course not - and those bites can actually be very dangerous!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-22-2005, 01:40 PM
Show Dog

I absolutely agree with Renee. Dogs are so discriminated against, especially some breeds, just because of self defense, when in most cases, people are the ones responsible! People are afraid they contaminate, their food and poop and everything is considered "dangerous", but _people_ are definitely the ones who do all the damage. Good point, Renee, about kid bites. Who thinks about that, huh?
Old 01-22-2005, 02:16 PM
Island dweller

Well, I don't really have any news. We didn't see the animal control officer yesterday or hear from them. Mikey has been whiny and yelpy because he's tied up all the time so we are going for a loonnggg walk this afternoon.

I don't know what will happen but we are expecting a fine. Perhaps they will just log it in their books and do something about it if it happens again (it won't).

I will keep you updated though.
Old 01-22-2005, 02:41 PM
Top Dog

Barb04's post reminded me of a very sad occurance many years ago. All the neighbor kids were playing ball in a yard one very hot summer day. My neighbor had a beautiful collie who was asleep in the shade under a tree, and one of the kids landed on him. Poor Shauny was startled and bit the boy above the cheek . We lived in the country and Shauny unfortunatly didn't have his Rabies shots. Because of the bite being on the head, they couldn't wait for the 7 day check period and had to destroy this wonderful dog to send his head for rabies check. My own children were so upset as all the kids loved this dog and he loved all the kids. It was so sad.
Old 01-22-2005, 09:06 PM
Top Dog

I'm so sorry to hear about this, Saje. My fuzzy kids and I have you and yours in our thoughts. Although honestly, if your landlord's a decent person and you're willing to pay half her vet bill, I don't think you should have any problems. The worst thing that should happen if the landlord doesn't raise a stink is you may get a ticket. Dog-bites-dog is not as big a deal in the eyes of the law as dog-bites-person.

And by the way, Mikey is gorgeous!!
Old 01-23-2005, 08:02 AM

awwww, Saje, I'm so sorry for you having this stress. Don't be feeling bad, as mentioned...dogs will be dogs. Sometimes these things happen, even if neutered. My heart goes out to you and Mikey...I will be hoping to hear everything is ok. I'll just keep you in my thoughts..sending some positive vibes and hugs your way.