Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 06-14-2006, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubylove
Ooooh am I gonna open a can of worms here!!

I have Australian Labradoodles. These dogs are considered a breed in their own right and there is a breed profile. (see http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/LAABreedStandard2004.pdf)

With all the other poodle mixes I tend to the same opinion as many here - that they are designer dogs without a breed-specific purpose, but Labradoodles were bred for a reason, with specific aims in mind. Those aims may not have always been successful (ie not shedding) but it was the initial purpose of the cross to create a better breed, and that's why I am accepting of it.

Any old Lab and Poodle mix is NOT a Labradoodle. My babies are fourth generation offspring of Labradoodle parents. I also see a difference there, too.

Ok OFF my soap box now.

What do I love about the breed? They are SO intelligent, they are SO loyal, mine do not shed and need no grooming or clipping.

But mostly, I love their joy. They are the most joyous and joyful dogs I have ever had the pleasure to know and love, and they light up our lives and make them better just by being there.

Others may find their forthright in-your-face friendliness irritating, but we have not come across it. Everyone who meets our darlings loves them instantly! To me, it is a wonderful mix with a wonderful result.

Long live the Labradoodle!!!
No need to cover your A$$, you love who you love....don't appologize

I LOVE mine too!

I LOVE my new siggy Baxter'smybaby, THANK YOU SO MUCH....you're the BEST!!!!!!!

http://www.diamondintheruffcalgary.com/
Old 06-15-2006, 01:13 AM
Harley & Abby

I love my Chihuahua as she is really loving and extremely sweet. She's really good with children and other people. She can get quite timid at times, I guess that's what happens when my other dog is so dominant! I like her big personality, and how she thinks she's much bigger than she really is!

Most people don't like the breed as they percieve Chis as being snappy and yappy. My Chihuahua is definitely neither of those.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:36 AM
LabBreeder

I have Australian Labradoodles. These dogs are considered a breed in their own right and there is a breed profile. (see http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/LAABreedStandard2004.pdf) -RubyLove

All I have to say is they are not a breed regardless of having a profile.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:19 AM
Felurian

Actually, Lab, from everything I have found, the Australian breeders have established a unique breed, unlike the BYBs in the states who just cross a Poodle with a Lab and call it a Doodle. They did have specific aims for realistic purposes, and, by and large, have succeeded.

Quote:
But mostly, I love their joy. They are the most joyous and joyful dogs I have ever had the pleasure to know and love, and they light up our lives and make them better just by being there.
Ruby, that statement reminds me so much of O'Reilly, our blind Aussie I snatched moments away from the Needle of Death at the pound. He was only three months old, and no one wanted a little blind baby Aussie, but there was just something very, very special about him. I've never been around another dog who had such a pure joy and sheer exuberance in Existence . . . and talk about fearless, lol!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-15-2006, 11:18 AM
mut and proud of it!

I love boxers because of theyre squashy faces and energy also theyre ugly cuteness. Some people dont like energetic dogs, theyre too big for some people and the slobber would get annoying

keyodie your the best thanks!!!
Old 06-15-2006, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabBreeder
I have Australian Labradoodles. These dogs are considered a breed in their own right and there is a breed profile. (see http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/LAABreedStandard2004.pdf) -RubyLove

All I have to say is they are not a breed regardless of having a profile.
ENOUGH ALREADY!!!

Old 06-15-2006, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
Actually, Lab, from everything I have found, the Australian breeders have established a unique breed, unlike the BYBs in the states who just cross a Poodle with a Lab and call it a Doodle. They did have specific aims for realistic purposes, and, by and large, have succeeded.

Ruby, that statement reminds me so much of O'Reilly, our blind Aussie I snatched moments away from the Needle of Death at the pound. He was only three months old, and no one wanted a little blind baby Aussie, but there was just something very, very special about him. I've never been around another dog who had such a pure joy and sheer exuberance in Existence . . . and talk about fearless, lol!
Thank you for that Renee. Finally, someone without a Labradoodle who isn't waiting to pounce... but rather see's love for what it is. Your reply shows that you care to respect the intention of the thread and the original poster.

Old 06-15-2006, 06:27 PM
no touchy

I'm sorry, but the breeders in America are almost 100% idiots, I just can't root for "Labradoodles". I have a lab, and I hate to see them mixed with poodles...these poor dogs are already being wrecked, why mix them with another breed?? Oh and the name....change it to Australian Poodle or something. It sounds better lol.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:40 PM
Evil Kitty taco eater

Labs are great companions.
Only fault would be thier energy.
They are also clowns.
Intelligent, good lookin, and great with kids

Whats not to love?

Where am I going? And why am I in this hand basket!!!?
Old 06-15-2006, 06:59 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOf7
Labs are great companions.
Only fault would be thier energy.
They are also clowns.
Intelligent, good lookin, and great with kids

Whats not to love?
Kharma and Shiva would agree wholeheartedly. Our neighbor, Herbie, has a rescued Lab, Chester, who plays with the Grrrrrls every chance he gets. Kharma and Shiva seem to think that EVERY Fila-Grrrl should have one

Chester is a sweetheart . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian