Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 03-09-2006, 07:30 PM
Who woulda thought <3

Well I am going to have to say Mutt that's the only kind of dogs that I have ever had.
I also like the fact that I have a unique (sp) dog and she is very special and I like everything about her (except the occasional (sp) howling )
Old 03-09-2006, 07:34 PM
tessa_s212

Cockers-their bubbly, extremely stranger friendly personality. Some people don't like this.

-their bueatiful long thick coats. I'll admit they can be a pain to care for, but I love the finished product whenever I groom my dogs. Nothing prettier than a groomed cocker.

-they can be quite the ditz. They are not your average border collie. They will mess up no matter what. They will get their butt wiggling so much that they wiggle out of position. They will go visit someone outside a ring(particularly if it is a child! I have found most cockers love children!). They will make mistakes even years after training, but those mistakes are a blast to watch at laugh at. People that are used to more exact, driven to do the job type of dogs may be embarrassed by a goofy cocker, but I am proud to have a goofy cocker. The least I can do is humor the crowd if they are going to be watching!
Old 03-09-2006, 07:56 PM
Top Dog

i know it's not a breed and that a lot of people have said it already but i love mutts i love how when you get then as a puppy you have kind of an idea of how they look but it's a shock to see how they turn out when they're adults!
Old 03-09-2006, 08:07 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

hyper hyper hyper Victor is not for the weak of heart, or those that want to be a couch potato. Granted he is turned down about 50 percent in the last year, but this last year goes down in all my history books as the most energy expended on one dog in my lifetime.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 03-09-2006, 09:50 PM
Top Dog

Shelties have to follow you around constantly. If there is any "action" they have to be right in the center of it, so sometimes they can get in the way. And they love to be the center of attention. I like that about them, but I can see how someone else could find it annoying. The barking doesn't bother me, but I know that's the breeds most loathed trait.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:10 PM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD

Anywho.. Just about anything about the BC could be disliked by some. They're perfect for me but they're fast, hairy, mischevious, manipulating little monsters and not everyone can appreciate them.

I think BC's are great dogs. The only things that I've seen "bad" that comes along with a majority of BC's I know.. their owners. Not meaning anyone on here (Haven't met any here!), but on other boards and in person. A majority of BC owners I've met have been so stuck-up like their breed is the most perfect breed in the world. I've even had someone dead-straight forward say that unless it's a BC, it's not a dog. They were being dead serious.

Silly, I know, but that's the only thing that's strayed me away from the breed.. and participating in flyball or agility. Every club has a large handful, maybe 2 handfuls, of BC owners like that. They wouldn't even let me come and practice with Kiara because they wanted competitors and not someone who just wants to have fun with their dog. Pretty sick if you ask me.

I love their energy and willingness to learn.

Old 03-09-2006, 10:25 PM
Salty Sea Dog

chihuauas: their almost obsessive compulsive NEED to be with you, 24/7, they will follow o your heals and you cant go to the bathroom without them wanting to be in there with you (even the shower curtain has to be left open slightly so they know the shower hasnt devoured me) not because they cant be dependant but because they want to be your everything...and their little cheeky (and stubborn) attitudes, and thier little barks that sound too big for their bodies.
and most of all the fact that they truly think they weigh 600lbs when it comes to protecting you.

however these endeering traits in my eyes are just too much for alot of people, most see chis as nasty little ankle biters who do nothing but yip and nip who can never be trained (the latter part thanks to the enormous number of people byuying chis and beliving because their so small they dont need any kind of obedience training or socilization.

cockers: the long flowing coat and adoration of human beings in general...most dont have the time for the upkeep of the coat and they SUCK as guard dogs lol.

staffy (used to own one will again): their smile, the big stocky head with that huge grin that literally falls off the sides of their face, and their love of everyone (especially kids). people tend to think bullies are ugly or think their all visious dogs and either hate them for it or abuse it in things like dog fighting and protection for drug dealers ect.

danes (again used to own one will again one day): there dopey...plain and simple, they just make you laugh...most people think silly just means stupid...

I wonder if other dogs think Cresties are members of some weird religious cult?

Adventures In Cluck Clucks, watch them grow @
http://suburbancluckclucks.blogspot.com

Hand Made Fleece Blankets

Old 03-09-2006, 11:21 PM
Are you dead yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muttlies3
I think BC's are great dogs. The only things that I've seen "bad" that comes along with a majority of BC's I know.. their owners. Not meaning anyone on here (Haven't met any here!), but on other boards and in person. A majority of BC owners I've met have been so stuck-up like their breed is the most perfect breed in the world. I've even had someone dead-straight forward say that unless it's a BC, it's not a dog. They were being dead serious.

Silly, I know, but that's the only thing that's strayed me away from the breed.. and participating in flyball or agility. Every club has a large handful, maybe 2 handfuls, of BC owners like that. They wouldn't even let me come and practice with Kiara because they wanted competitors and not someone who just wants to have fun with their dog. Pretty sick if you ask me.

I love their energy and willingness to learn.
But.. it is the most perfect breed in the world!
Kidding. BC people tend to be that way. We love our breed and there's nothing wrong with devotion, but I do agree that the superiority complex of a lot of people will turn others off to the breed itself.
As far as the attitudes of those in flyball and agility, I've heard a lot about that and I find it sad. Keep looking, there are some great clubs out there that are not terribly judgemental (though you will always find bad eggs) and can appreciate you and your dog, even if you don't compete often.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:26 PM
Top Dog

yeah it definetely seems that border collies have a devoted following but then i guess you could say that for a lot of breeds. my sister wanted her opinion here. She has a chi and a small mixed breed puppy. In the future she'll prolly own a mini yorkie. She loves how attached the smaller breeds are (in terms of following their owners around) that they don't require as much exercise and are easy to take along wherever she goes. lol i love to play with them but doubt i'd ever own a dog that small when the chi was a pup i lived in fear that i'd accidentally sit on her =)
Old 03-09-2006, 11:32 PM
Active Pup

Default Shiba Inu

Shiba's are part cat, part dog in personality, which means true dog people don't really understand them. Bonus! For such little dogs, geez can they blow coat. I could make a second dog out of her undercoat twice a year.