Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-14-2005, 04:20 PM
Active Pup

Default Self Serve Doggy Bath

Hello all, I'm new to this forum and curious about dog washes. I myself have never been to one with Riley, my 2 yr old lab/dalmation mix, but my friend Jimmy says he goes all the time with his coley(sp?). Have any of you ever been? How much do they cost? What do you think about them?

Jeff
Old 01-14-2005, 04:48 PM
Island dweller

The only thing I know about washing a dog is that I do it in the bathtub, there is a shower stall at the local shelter or the groomers will do it. I don't know what a dog wash is.

Sorry
Old 01-14-2005, 04:48 PM
Island dweller

BTW Welcome!
Old 01-14-2005, 05:28 PM
Felurian

There's a post in the Dog Sites about one and it may be in the classifieds as well. It looks like a great idea. Charley and I have even kicked the idea around of putting one at the far end of his warehouse where there's a separate entrance.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-14-2005, 05:44 PM
Top Dog

Is that the box thing you put them in? I would think they are really expensive but I might be thinking about something else.
My friend worked at a vets office that did it and she said some dogs were good in it but some where way to scared. I think there were problems with the drying part too but I don't know if that was her i heard that from or if it was from another forum. I always do the grooming and washing myself. Heard too many horror stories about groomers.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:24 PM
Top Dog

Welcome, Jeffsputer! Yes! I have done the doggy wash thing. It was called "My Dirty Paws" and cost 12 bucks. They had private stalls with big huge sink-like tubs and non-skid ramps or stairs going up for your dog to get in. Once in, you can cross tie them and they're at eye level. The sprayer was nice with warm water. And they supplied all the soaps, towels, brushes, even a big hose blow-dryer thing! It was great, but has since gone out of business
Old 01-14-2005, 06:32 PM
Felurian

You might like these then, Joce, since all they supply is the place and everything you need to do it yourself - no groomers!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-14-2005, 06:38 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by joce
Is that the box thing you put them in? I would think they are really expensive but I might be thinking about something else.
My friend worked at a vets office that did it and she said some dogs were good in it but some where way to scared. I think there were problems with the drying part too but I don't know if that was her i heard that from or if it was from another forum. I always do the grooming and washing myself. Heard too many horror stories about groomers.
Good LORD! I've never heard of such a thing! You mean it's like a big dishwasher with the dog's head sticking out? That's terrible!
Old 01-14-2005, 06:53 PM
Felurian

I don't think that's the way they work. Here's the link to the thread about them here on Chazhound: http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-14-2005, 07:02 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
I don't think that's the way they work. Here's the link to the thread about them here on Chazhound: http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533
Whew. Thanks for the link. I feel better now!