Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-17-2012, 09:43 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Default Interesting morning

Welp, woke up at 7am to weird noises. Turns out the roofing guys showed up to work on the roof without giving us a head's up (the original plan was when they were working on the roof I would be doing a sleepover with the dogs at my house.) Pepper was anxious with the noise, Payton didn't know what to think. Tried to take the dogs out to the backyard one by one, Payton first... Payton flipped out and wouldn't potty. Leashed him up and took him out the front door, had to take him halfway down the block to pee. Came back, Auggie peed fine, Pepper was fine. Of course now Payton is in a high arousal state and won't stop barking at all the noise, running through the house bark-screaming... He DID eat okay so fed all the dogs, back out to poop... Payton again had to be taken halfway down the block. Auggie is fine again because he's perfect. Pepper wouldn't poop on the leash and was freaking out because she saw the roofing guys walking down the driveway.

So I called the place I train at (which is a daycare during the day) and asked if they had room for three bad shelties, haha. Loaded all the dogs into the car.

Payton zeroes in on the ONE dog who doesn't really want to play and backs him into a corner and starts pestering him. We moved Pepper into the small dog section because we thought she might be overwhelmed and once Payton started being a jerk we moved HIM into the small dog section too, and then poor Auggie was like "hey wait..." so HE had to get put in there too. Augh.

I have no idea how things are going over there right now haha. I'm visualizing Pepper in a corner crying like she's going to die and Payton running around trying to hump and pee on everything and Auggie is just being perfect.

Anyway, now I have to decide what to do tomorrow and maybe Wednesday. The fence still isn't done at my house but I could take them in my yard on leash at least. And of course I have no kitchen still so staying at my house would be... interesting. So not sure. I might just have to truck everybody all the way back to daycare for two more days... provided nobody has a horrible time today.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 12-17-2012, 10:04 AM
Glutton for Crazy

It's awesome you have daycare as an option! I hope everything pans out soon though, it can be stressful being up in the air.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:54 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Welp, they all did great! Pepper did her usual play-bow then run away, and whenever a dog would follow her because CLEARLY she wanted to play, right? she would freak out and go hide behind breeder's hubby, LOL. And Payton "is a little loud."
"A little loud?" I asked.
"Juuuuust a little."

And Auggie was perfect. LOL. Though apparently he kept trying to break out.

Payton played NON-STOP with every single dog he could convince to play with him and he is veeery quiet tonight... it's a miracle. My mom is voting Payton go to daycare every day LOL.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 12-17-2012, 08:07 PM
Top Dog

LOL... oh just love those kinds of mornings.

Glad they did well though!

Brit & Jackson