Puppy is home!

Toller_08

Sorry for the late update! Unlike Fran, I seem to have a puppy that does not believe in sleeping haha. It's made for a fun night but not much time for checking Chaz or uploading pictures. She finally fell asleep about an hour or so ago.

This puppy is awesome. She is so well rounded and just takes everything in stride. They are going through a bit of a fear stage at the moment, but even so, nothing at all bothered Nina today when we got to the airport. She was amazing on the plane. Didn't whine or whimper even once. I couldn't really see in her carrier under the seat but I think she mostly slept and it looked like she chewed her Bully Stick briefly as well. When we finally got off the plane I took her outside since it had been forever since she had a potty break. The flight was 4 hours, plus we were at the airport two hours prior and it took about an hour to drive there too. I tried to get her to go before we boarded but she didn't want to, so I was a little worried, but she was perfect. When I let her out of the carrier she wasn't stressed or anything at all. Just her normal happy and super wiggly self. When we got home first she had to check out the snow, then was a little hesitant on the steps leading to the door, but decided they were fine after all and walked into the house like she'd always been there. She didn't meet the other dogs right away, but after a bit I let them meet her and she was fine. She checked them all out and decided they seemed like good friends. All three of them are good with her too. Keira looks annoyed as always, but the other two are pretty sure she's the best present ever. Then because she was locked up so long on the plane I brought out a few toys and played with her, and after that I decided to let everyone open their Secret Santa stuff since everyone was all relaxed as normal. And I'm glad I opened it tonight! Nina loves a few of the toys and I was thrilled to see more training treats since we'll be going through a lot of them. She hasn't had any accidents at all so far so that's good. Mostly she's just ran around and played and exhausted herself, and she follows me around everywhere. And gets mad when I leave her. I went to take my suitcase down to my room and she just sat at the top of the stairs barking at me until she decided that was useless and came down to investigate. She's quite a bossy little pup! She also gets excited super easily and can't even walk in a straight line because she's wiggling too much haha. She's just a wonderful puppy so far. So cute, so much fun, so people oriented, etc. Now if only we could get her wonky ears to cooperate haha. That's on tomorrow's agenda. They just decided a few days ago that they didn't want to lay nice like the other pups' anymore.

And this weekend was great. I was so scared to get on a plane and go stay with people I didn't really know, but I had a really good time. Her breeder is super nice and comfortable to be around, and her dogs were great. And meeting Fran was good too! The only problem with the entire weekend was that it felt way too short and I was sad when it came time to leave.

Oh, and I still don't know what her name is going to be. I'm just calling her Nina for now. It may or may not stick. It's definitely not a name I ever would have chosen, but she really does suit it. So we'll see.

More of course! As usual, I took an over abundance of pictures once she got home and I actually had a camera with me.

Toller_08

Once she has a definite name I'll probably just make a continuous thread for her with regular picture updates so I don't flood the board lol. But for now here are these! And I'll get to more of the Secret Santa ones probably tomorrow (thanks, Jessie!). :)

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Oh my gosh, she is SO adorable and fluffy! I haven't had much (read: any!!!) time to browse chaz over the weekend, so I'm really happy to see that she had a safe and uneventful trip home with you!

I'm also VERY relieved to see that my box made it to you! I can't wait to see more Secret Santa pictures :p

I can't believe I fell asleep before the pictures were up.

She's gorgeous, and perfect, and amazing, and I'm so happy she's home! Does it seem real yet?

She sounds like she's going to be great for you, I'm so impressed with how she took the flight!

Congrats on your new baby!! You have been waiting and working a long time to find the right match!! And sure enough there she is ....finally!! She will keep you on your toes...can already see the spark in her eyes...love her up

Members online

No members online now.