Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-16-2012, 07:01 PM
Duuuuude.

My short answer is 2-4.

My longer answer is 2-4, depending on the dogs, LOL. I once dogsat for 2 older dogs and had Rowan and my old elderly poodle mix with me. I loved that... they were all so easy and it was nice having a variety. 3 chill dogs and 1 moderate-with-a-great-off-switch was perfect.

At my last apartment, my roommate and I each had 1 moderate energy dog, plus a moderate foster. They were fine, too, although it was pretty crowded in our little 1-bedroom!

2 Riffs, on the other hand, would exhaust me. I'm pretty much at my limit with Riff and Rowan as it is, unless I added a small, low energy dog.

Kendall & the Red Dogs: Rowan & Riff
Old 12-16-2012, 07:22 PM
Not a Border Collie

I have one right now and I really want another. I think two is going to be my happy number. I could end up wanting three when I have two, but I think it will be unlikely or when they're both much older and slowing down a bit.

Eta: another situation in which I could see three would be 2 higher drive dogs/English Shepherds and a smaller, easier going and more portable dog. I've actually thought that a pair of ESs and a Cav would be a great group. So I guess my short answer is 2-3!

Quinn - English Shepherd

Old 12-16-2012, 07:24 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sit Stay View Post
I have one right now and I really want another. I think two is going to be my happy number. I could end up wanting three when I have two, but I think it will be unlikely or when they're both much older and slowing down a bit.
I think two needs to happen for you too.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:28 PM
Not a Border Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
I think two needs to happen for you too.
I totally agree! I am praying to the puppy gods that my breeder decides to have another litter sooner than later. And that they're all beautiful little shaded sable males!

Quinn - English Shepherd

Old 12-16-2012, 07:29 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sit Stay View Post
I totally agree! I am praying to the puppy gods that my breeder decides to have another litter sooner than later. And that they're all beautiful little shaded sable males!
I'll try and think about that really hard too! Maybe our combined mind power will work
Old 12-16-2012, 07:31 PM
such sights to show you

I don't like having just one, and 3 is my absolute upper limit. So 2-3.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:50 PM
Top Dog

In a lot of ways, I do really like having one. We're buddies, we do almost everything together, he's my go-to, he's super easy to travel with, bring to peoples houses, run errands, go on vacation with, etc.

But I think two is my ideal and hopefully within the year, I'll make that come true. I wouldn't want anymore than that on my own. I like to be able to comfortably be able to handle all my dogs, and be able to take them places with minimal stress, etc, and 3 just adds it to that bit more notch of stressfulness that I don't enjoy.

Brit & Jackson

Old 12-16-2012, 08:32 PM
Top Dog

As long as the dogs get along and there's enough space, then the more the better.
I have 6 right now and i'm doing pretty good. I love having a larger pack and I will probably always have a large pack.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:41 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

I think my perfect number would be between 2-3. We just have Teagan night now and it's just too quiet in the house. I would love for two terriers and a large breed dog. I grew up always with at least 3-4 dogs in the house so I am used to the chaos.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 12-16-2012, 08:42 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

I think my perfect number would be between 2-3. We just have Teagan night now and it's just too quiet in the house. I would love for two terriers and a large breed dog. I grew up always with at least 3-4 dogs in the house so I am used to the chaos.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff