Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 03-03-2006, 02:45 PM
Big Dog

Angry Whats with all the _______doodles?

Labradoodle, doberdoodle, aussiedoodle, golden doodle, and there are plenty more. what is up with this new trend of breeding MUTTS? I am not one to criticize breeders who do it responsibly, but anyone who breeds mutts is not responsible. Why do people breed poodles with other pure bred dogs anyway. is it because poodles are nonallergenic and shed little or what? why dont people just buy a poodle then. My In laws have a lab and now they are talking about breeding her with a poodle. i dont understand why they would do this,I guess for the money, but labradoodles dont sell for much here anyway. Hopefully they dont go through with it. Dogs should only be bred if they are pure bred , health tested, fits the breed standard, good temperment etc. and registered also. I just really hate looking online and in the newspaper to see people going nuts over these new designer breeds AKA mutts. Stupid people.

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
-Mark Twain

The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.
-Andy Rooney
Old 03-03-2006, 02:51 PM
Clicker Extremist

People have this misconception about poodles. I really believe that is where it all stems from. They see the poodle as "froo-froo" and yippy and aloof.... so then they think "hey, what if I breed a dog known for being friendly and 'rough and ready' to a poodle and get that hypoallergenic coat onto a 'cool' dog?"

They just don't know how cool a poodle is! How "rough and ready" and friendly and funny and trainable and good with kids a poodle really is.

Sad, isn't it? So little research goes into every form of BYBing
Old 03-03-2006, 02:56 PM
Int CH - $uperBitch

OMG there was a labradoodle bitch, blonde, puppy in the paper today and my mum was asking me wat a labadoodle was, (she said they sounded nice)
cause we're getting a dog soon!
but thank-god she wants a small dog and even better with shorthair, cause she thought they were cute, but they just didnt meet wat we wanted!!!
thank-god!!!!!
and they were over-priced!, and all for a designer mutt!

Old 03-03-2006, 03:09 PM
Top Dog

As far as i see it MONEY and that it
Old 03-03-2006, 03:12 PM
Top Dog

Sorry Stevinski
This has nothing to do with the topic at hand...however, I just got really embarrassed over your avatar.
I'm at work, somebody came up behind me and thought it was a male, umm special area. Hehehe.
If it's your pet, cool...if not could you get a different colour lizard for the avatar maybe?
Old 03-03-2006, 03:39 PM
Int CH - $uperBitch

lol!!!
i dont really see the resemblance myself! but anyway
yes she is my pet! shes my little babie, her names Sidney shes a bearded dragon and tht is a picture of her after a shed with a extraordinary colour tht not many beardies show!
but at least she got noticed (even if it was for the wrong reasons) lol!!!

Old 03-03-2006, 03:41 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevinski
lol!!!
i dont really see the resemblance myself! but anyway
yes she is my pet! shes my little babie, her names Sidney shes a bearded dragon and tht is a picture of her after a shed with a extraordinary colour tht not many beardies show!
but at least she got noticed (even if it was for the wrong reasons) lol!!!
Oooh poor girl dont tell her lol, i think she is lovely i love them
Old 03-03-2006, 11:53 PM
Twin 2.0

Aussiedoodle? Say it ain't so!!!
Old 03-04-2006, 08:10 AM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom
Aussiedoodle? Say it ain't so!!!

Yeah, i was looking at the newspaper the other day at the dog section and i came across Aussiedoodles. I dont know if that means austrailian shepard/poodle, or austrailian cattle dog/poodle. This really makes me mad becuase i looovvvee Cattle Dogs. I also talked to a person who bred a austrailian cattle dog with a austrailian shepard and they call them Aussie Heelers. Crazy.

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
-Mark Twain

-Andy Rooney
Old 03-04-2006, 08:37 AM
Big Dog

I found this ad on a website and had to share it, 1200.00! for a mutt. Seriously these things only sell for 500.00 max in the OKC paper. People are crazy, whats even crazier is people actually buy these mutts for 1200.00!

Lizzie Labradoodle Kennel Puppies For Sale
www.lizzielabradoodles.tripod.com/
Price:

$1,200.00

Lizzie Labradoodle Kennel Puppies For Sale Please don't forget to check out our website, and if you are really interested in buying one of our puppies please call me or e-mail me. Our puppies will be arriving in March and will be ready for new homes in May. We are taking deposits NOW! both parents are registered, mom- yellow lab., dad-black standard poodle.

And why does it matter if both parents are registered, the pups cant be. Hopefully the AKC never ever considers recognizing these dogs, surely they wouldnt. This issue just makes me so mad. If you want a mutt, go to the shelter and save one, it would also save you like 1100.00

-Mark Twain

-Andy Rooney