Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-16-2005, 08:03 PM
Island dweller

So, how does your water taste?

I hate that eggy taste of some wells that have a lot of sulpher. I don't know how people can drink and cook with that. yuck
Old 01-16-2005, 08:13 PM
Felurian

It tastes very good, especially compared to treated water. Limestone is one of the best filters found in nature - and far superior to anything we've manufactured.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-16-2005, 08:26 PM
Island dweller

Cool. I want one then. We have well water now and it tastes pretty good. Nothing spectacular though. I hate how a lot of bottled water tastes. Like Dasani! Awful stuff.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:36 PM
Felurian

When I buy bottled water I try to get spring water that actually comes from a spring and hasn't been tampered with too much. People laugh at you when you buy Evian, but it really does taste much better!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

— Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-16-2005, 08:52 PM
Island dweller

Evian. Naive. It DOES taste better. I think you need to know the background behind the company to know where the water actually comes from. Our store brand bottled water says it comes from different sources (one spring and one something else I think) but they taste like yuck!
Old 01-16-2005, 08:58 PM
Felurian

Luckily there is a brand bottled not twenty miles from me, English Mountain, that is very good. If I don't see Evian I try to get that. If I can't get that, then I usually just grab a Sobe Green Tea if I've stopped for gas or something and looking for a drink.

— Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-16-2005, 09:03 PM
Island dweller

Oh, when I was living in Japan they had delicious, quality, cold green tea. I've never found the right kind yet to make it at home. Not the same quality. I think it was a Sencha. And it never had sugar added or anything. It was so great. Sometimes I try to make some at home and I like it but it was not as good as in Japan.

It was funny because they had vending machines everywhere where we could buy cigarrets, beer, tea, coffee, pop, juice. In the summer they would have cold vending machines. The tea would be cold, coffee... And I remember one day waiting while I was doing my laundry. It was fall and I went out to get my green tea that I always got during the summer. Cold green tea. It was HOT! I guess they just flip a switch for the winter and all the beverages go hot. Of course not pop and juice and stuff. That amused me.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:28 PM
Felurian

Oh, go to www.uptontea.com and browse through the green teas, or you can do a website search for 'sencha' and it will pull up about seventeen matches.

— Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-16-2005, 09:37 PM
Island dweller

That's funny. I guess you looked up sencha before you posted. Cuz, I'd be a little in awe if you knew already new there'd be 17 hits!

I looked. Some of those teas look great. How long does 125 grams last? I love the tea pots. I had a really great one in Japan but I left it behind.

Have you ever had a tea from Argentina. It's a herb. Very traditional. Thinking... mmm... I can see it. I can even make out the sound in my head... I'm going to have to look it up. brb
Old 01-16-2005, 09:45 PM
Island dweller

Yerba Maté. That's it. Really nice. they drink it all the time there. When I was in Buenas Aires I'd see people, mostly women, sipping it in their odd shaped tea pots.

http://www.soygaucho.com/espanol/mat...yerbamate.html