Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-15-2005, 08:43 PM
Active Pup

Default Pine-Sol

Anyone know if this is not good to use in the house as a cleaning supply? I need to clean my kitchen floor and a friend who is over told me to check on the product first..I dont want to hurt the baby..
Anyone who knows anything I would appreciate your opinion...
Old 01-15-2005, 08:54 PM
Island dweller

Ok. I've been searching the net and this is what I found http://www.sequoiahumane.com/article...astly-bane.htm
Old 01-15-2005, 09:54 PM
Felurian

Oh, I almost hate to do this. I'm not sure what it's become now, but there used to be a multi-level marketing company called AmWay. The name has changed now but the products are the same. They have a cleaning product called LOC (Liquid Organic Cleaner) that is extremely mild but effective.

The orange and citrus based cleaners are probably a good choice, too, as they are fairly benign and most dogs and cats won't try to lick the surfaces as they don't like citrus - find it repellent actually.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian

Last edited by Renee750il; 01-15-2005 at 10:16 PM.
Old 01-15-2005, 09:59 PM
Island dweller

I recommended diluted vinegar in a pm. It such a great cleaner. Used for years. They say its a disinfectant too.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:58 AM
Big Dog

I use Enjo, No chemicals needed and my house has never looked cleaner
Old 01-16-2005, 08:46 AM

I also agree with vinegar....awesome cleaner. I use baking soda, too, for any job that requires a bit of scrubbing. It is non-abrasive so it is amazing for any surface.......removes stubborn stains easily. Don't know what surface your kitchen floor is, but if it's a newer vinyl....you don't need to ever use any harsh chemicals to clean it....at the most, a little squirt of dish soap in warm water. And, you could always rinse if you want to be certain all soap residue is gone.
Old 01-16-2005, 02:05 PM
Felurian

Hm, never really thought about vinegar - white vinegar I guess?

Another thing I really like to keep around for cleaning is borax. Nothing cleans a bathroom like old fashioned 20 Mule Team Borax - even old fashioned porcelain tubs.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-16-2005, 06:29 PM
Island dweller

Yup white vinegar. It's also a deodorizer. Once it dries it doesn't really have that vinegar smell anymore.

I've heard borax is an excellent cleaner. I've never bought it though. I don't know anyone that uses it. Of course I don't discuss cleaning products with a lot of people.

Tip: equal parts of vinegar and baking soda down a clogged drain is an effective "drain-o" You pour soda first, then vinegar and cover for about 10 minutes. Then flush with hot water. You may need to repeat as it's not as strong as commercial corrosive stuff. Much safer though for the enviro and the household in general.
Old 01-16-2005, 06:44 PM
Felurian

Now that's good to know! Our sinks are always getting slow. The vinegar is probably perfect, since part of our problem is lime build-up. Our water comes from a deep limestone well.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-16-2005, 07:02 PM
Top Dog

I love Murphy's oil soap .....smells good,safe and natural.