Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-13-2012, 02:52 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Default Fertility treatments, what are your opinions?

How far is too far to take fertility treatments? When should a couple say "enough is enough"? Should ppl listen to their bodies because maybe there is a reason bodily wise why someone can't conceive naturally.

Should we get back to the good old days of just letting nature decide? What are your thoughts?
Old 12-13-2012, 02:54 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

My opinion is that I don't get an opinion if I'm not seeking out fertility treatments. It's such a personal decision and should be up to each individual couple and I shouldn't get any opinion on it.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 12-13-2012, 02:58 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

I am not seeking fertility treatment ... I don't even have kids but I have an opinion about it & that opinion is that I really don't like it & I wish they had never come up with it.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:59 PM
Resident fainting goat

A couple should take fertility treatments as far as they can/would like to as a couple.
It's a very personal decision and I am not one that believes in policing what other people do with THEIR bodies.

There are LOTS of reasons people can't conceive naturally.. and no, from the amount of very very healthy babies born from parents who had fertility treatments, I don't think it's some sign from your body that you shouldn't have kids.

Some people just want to carry and give birth to a child. Why would that be wrong? Any doctor worth his weight in anything will NOT do fertility treatments where the woman's or child's life would be at risk.. the whole process takes a lot of time, patience, money and doctors go through A LOT to inform and educate their clients before they pursue it.

Frankly I wish children conceived the normal way had to go through as much education and time to consider their decision lol

Should we go back to the good old days when women died from child birth all the time.. I mean, if we are going back to nature.. we should let the body handle what it can handle right?
Of course not. Modern medicine is there for a reason, to help people. And fertility treatments are part of that.

As far as the pope's view on the whole thing.. this sums up my feelings nicely lol

To say things like "well if you can't do it naturally you shouldn't be pregnant!" is heartless, arrogant and insulting.

Modern medicine and all kinds of "un-natural" things are a huge part of what child bearing and birth IS these days. Are you planning on giving birth in a hospital? Shame on you! If you can't do it naturally then you shouldn't do it! Pre-natal vitamins? ultrasounds? Un-natural!
Emergency C-Section? FOR SHAME! You should let nature take its course! How arrogant to use modern medicine to give you a healthy child and save your life!

The real question here is who are YOU to dictate who has the right to seek treatment on their own body and if they should have children or not?

If you honestly feel you have that right then frankly you have problems.

(general you.)
Old 12-13-2012, 03:04 PM
Top Dog

Seeing as how I will probably have to use fertility treatments, I am 'for' the use of them. However, there are a lot of downsides to using them and I feel like those should be researched more thoroughly. From what I've seen, quite a few people who use invitro for more than a year end up having multiples. Some methods are also expensive and dangerous and not 'proven'. I would be willing to adopt, however, my partner doesn't feel the same way.

I believe it depends on the situation. A lot.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:08 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
A couple should take fertility treatments as far as they can/would like to as a couple.
It's a very personal decision and I am not one that believes in policing what other people do with THEIR bodies.

There are LOTS of reasons people can't conceive naturally.. and no, from the amount of very very healthy babies born from parents who had fertility treatments, I don't think it's some sign from your body that you shouldn't have kids.

Some people just want to carry and give birth to a child. Why would that be wrong? Any doctor worth his weight in anything will NOT do fertility treatments where the woman's or child's life would be at risk.. and frankly, the rate of success with healthy moms and babies is so high that I don't see fertility treatments as risks for most women at all frankly.

Should we go back to the good old days when women died from child birth all the time.. I mean, if we are going back to nature.. we should let the body handle what it can handle right?
Of course not. Modern medicine is there for a reason, to help people. And fertility treatments are part of that.

As far as the pope's view on the whole thing.. this sums up my feelings nicely lol

To say things like "well if you can't do it naturally you shouldn't be pregnant!" is heartless, arrogant and insulting.

Modern medicine and all kinds of "un-natural" things are a huge part of what child bearing and birth IS these days. Are you planning on giving birth in a hospital? Shame on you! If you can't do it naturally then you shouldn't do it! Pre-natal vitamins? ultrasounds? Un-natural!
Emergency C-Section? FOR SHAME! You should let nature take its course! How arrogant to use modern medicine to give you a healthy child and save your life!

The real question here is who are YOU to dictate who has the right to seek treatment on their own body and if they should have children or not?

If you honestly feel you have that right then frankly you have problems.

(general you.)
I agree!

ALL medical science is unnatural. If it wasn't for modern medicine, many of us wouldn't be alive anyway!

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 12-13-2012, 03:08 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Meh. I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I have any say in what somebody else does with their body.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 12-13-2012, 03:09 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
I agree!

ALL medical science is unnatural. If it wasn't for modern medicine, many of us wouldn't be alive anyway!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
Meh. I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I have any say in what somebody else does with their body.
sparknotes versions lol
Old 12-13-2012, 03:12 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
I am not seeking fertility treatment ... I don't even have kids but I have an opinion about it & that opinion is that I really don't like it & I wish they had never come up with it.
So you're anti-breast feeding but a-ok with formula, even though that's unnatural? If they didn't come up with formula, you'd be seeing a lot more people breastfeeding. Back in your "good old days" that's how children were fed

I especially love when people are against fertility treatments... until they themselves can't conceive. I knew someone whos wife was like that. She thought fertility treatments were "going against" what was natural, of course, until she found out SHE would need to go on something to help with ovulation.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 12-13-2012, 03:12 PM
Top Dog

If I'm not bankrolling them, I don't care.

ETA: And I mean personally bankrolling, not through insurance. I don't care what other people's insurance is paying for.