Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 03-03-2006, 09:54 AM
Salty Sea Dog

there is no such tiny rare breed non shed odor free dog ANYWHERE in the world...

this sounds very much like the munchkin dog i heard about a while ago, someone was breeding very small pomeranians with very small long haired chihuahuas to get very tiny flyffy dogs then shaving them down in poodle like cuts and calling them a very rare breed...

sounds VERY much like a backyard breeder trying to make a few bucks. there probably shitzu mixes of some kind...id have ot see the picture to tell you what breeds were mixed to get that rare gizmo-monkey dog...

edit:
ok so yeah, did some internet reaserch...
theres no rare breed called the gizmo monkey dog, from what i can find its most likely a shitzu or maltese crossed with papillion or chihuahua and a little poodle thrown in there...
that would explain why its "tiny" (rember this breed could stay small like its chihuahua/pap side or get to be the size of the poodle side or the regular shitzu size) and the none shed would come from the poodle blood...remeber those labradoodles and such..did you know only half the poo mix pups ARE none shed, this would go for this breed too it could get its "noneshed" coat from the pooble side or might have the typical pap/chi or shitzu coat and odour free...well you have to wonder what they mean by this...my 2 chis are odor free least i dont smell anythign...but all dogs have some kind of odor just like people do...
this is DEFINATLY a back yard breeder trying to get themselves some extra money and the fact they say "RARE BREED" in thier add just speaks volumes...if she realy wants a puppy id keep looking because your not gonna quite know what your gonna get wiht this breed, you could also get the attitude of ANY of the breeds in the dog and the health problmes of any or all of the breeds used to create the "breed"

as i said i have nothing against mixed breeds, but this person is just trying to make money of purposly breeding a "desighner breed" which im sure if you took a look at a shelter oud find HUNDEREDS of disighner breeds...
BE VERY wary of this person, if your looking for a mixed breed puppy check out your local shelters...if your looking for a pure bred look for a reputable breeder...

I wonder if other dogs think Cresties are members of some weird religious cult?

Adventures In Cluck Clucks, watch them grow @
http://suburbancluckclucks.blogspot.com

Hand Made Fleece Blankets

Old 03-03-2006, 10:53 AM
F150 and a .30-06

Can you give us the picture? I mean scan it in or something and post it. Maybe that would help.

Sounds like a designer breed that you will pay through the nose for

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 03-03-2006, 10:17 PM
Are you dead yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd Wong
Careful don't get him wet!
It's Ripley!
Old 03-03-2006, 10:35 PM
Clicker Extremist

I'm betting some degenerate bred either an Affenpinscher or Brussels Griffon to a Toy Poodle.

Best of luck on that odor free thing LOL. I wonder, do they say "guarantee of odor free dog is voided if you get the dog wet." ???
Old 03-03-2006, 11:11 PM
Jerk.

Just find her a Corgi or a Pap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Old 03-04-2006, 01:08 AM
Active Pup

"Gizmo Monkey Puppies--tiny rare breed, non-shed, and odor free"

That justs SCREAMS puppymill/byb. You are going to have alot of problems if you buy one.
Old 03-04-2006, 01:33 AM
and Spy.

I hate tea-cup or tiny breeds. Don't get me wrong, I like small dogs but when it get's to the point where all the puppies are born through cesarean operations... That just seems so sad that the mothers can***8217;t even give birth to their own puppies.
Please, please, please don't buy a dog from this person. Find a reputable breeder or look in the shelter.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:52 AM
Active Pup

I gave one of my male poms a bath and haircut the other day, right now he looks like a Gizmo....
Old 08-02-2006, 10:51 AM
Collie Crazy

Just someone out to make a quick, I will guarantee it 100% The day there is a breed that is 100% odor free you let me know
Old 08-02-2006, 12:29 PM
Int CH - $uperBitch

Quote:
Whats so bad about a mixed breed? It's better than keeping it all in the family..
oh theres nothing wrong with mixed breed dogs!,
theres just a problem with the scum breeding these dogs with no other intentions then to make money! when their is plenty of dogs without homes in rescues