Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Top Dog

Arrow Do You Have a Gun, Know How To Answer.

Do You Have a Gun, Know How To Answer

A man forwarded this to me from a friend in Texas that he worked with

When I had my gangrene gallbladder taken out and spent 10 days in the hospital for what should have been an overnight stay the insurance company kicked me out. I had home nurse visits for two weeks and was asked if I had guns in the house. I respond that if I did I would not tell them. So the below has some merit.

FYI, I am passing this along... there are comments from two other people that have also been asked if they keep guns in the house. The nurse just kinda slipped it in along with all the other regular questions. I told her I refused to answer because it was against the law to ask.

Everyone, whether you have guns or not, should give a neutral answer so they have no idea who does and who doesn't.

My doctor asked me if I had guns in my house and also if any were loaded. I, of course, answered yes to both questions.

Then he asked why I kept a loaded gun close to my bed.

I answered that my son, who is a certified gun instructor and also works for Homeland Security, advised me that an unloaded, locked up gun is no protection against criminal attack.

The Government now requires these questions be asked of people on Medicare, and probably everyone else.

Just passing this along for your information: I had to visit a doctor, other than my regular doctor when he was on vacation.. One of the questions on the form I had to fill out was: Do you have any guns in your house?? My answer was None of your **** business!!

So it is out there! It is either an insurance issue or government intervention.

Either way, it is out there and the second the government gets into your medical records (as they want to under Obamacare) it will become a major issue and will ultimately result in lock and load!!

Please pass this on to all the other retired guys and gun owners... Thanks.

also:

From a Vietnam Vet and retired Police Officer: I had a doctor's appointment at the local VA clinic yesterday and found out something very interesting that I would like to pass along.

While going through triage before seeing the doctor, I was asked at the end of the exam, three questions:

1. Did I feel stressed? 2. Did I feel threatened? 3. Did I feel like doing harm to someone?

The nurse then informed me that if I had answered yes to any of the questions I would have lost my concealed carry permit as it would have gone into my medical records and the VA would have reported it to Homeland Security.

Looks like they are going after the vets first. Other gun people like retired law enforcement will probably be next. Then when they go after the civilians, what argument will they have? Be forewarned and be aware. The Obama administration has gone on record as considering veterans and gun owners potential terrorists. Whether you are a gun owner, veteran or not, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED !

If you know veterans and gun owners, please pass this on to them. Be very cautious about what you say and to whom. Please Google and know this as FACT!

They are coming for us, so unless you're an ostrich, do not stick your head in the sand..........

'The American Indians found out first hand what happens when you don't control immigration, and guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians'

Author unknown

(I don't know if this is a fact but I sure wouldn't doubt it. It isn't first hand information)
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-12-2012, 02:37 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Crap ... Guess I am a terrorist lol lol, gun control should be up to the individual state governments not the Feds.

I don't care I know my castle laws but I will take these guys advice & answer "none of your ****ing business"

Old 12-12-2012, 02:44 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
Crap ... Guess I am a terrorist lol lol, gun control should be up to the individual state governments not the Feds.
I don't care I know my castle laws but I will take these guys advice & answer "none of your ****ing business"
Actually, it should be left up to the constitution. AKA no gun control. The government should stay out of it completely.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-12-2012, 03:01 PM
such sights to show you

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/medicare.asp

checking out stuff before passing along is good.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:15 PM
Top Dog

I own guns & know how to use them & keep them by me at all times....Just in case

Old 12-12-2012, 03:22 PM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post

Or not taking anything that comes into your inbox with FW:FW:RE:FW in front of its subject seriously.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 12-12-2012, 03:23 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post

But its the evil government. It can't be fake.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 12-12-2012, 03:51 PM
Top Dog

Hate to break it to you but even multiple psych stays have no way of getting connected to someone having a concealed carry.

And of course people who may be suspected of being depressed or paranoid are screened for being suicidal- and having a means to carry that out. It's what we are there for. I would assume the person spouting this out sounds like they belong on a hold.

I have a semi large arsenal and am not at all concerned about anyone taking it I AM the one that asks if you suicidal or homicidal etc. it's not a Medicaid thing lol!

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 12-12-2012, 03:52 PM
Rollin' with my bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
But its the evil government. It can't be fake.
I hear Snopes is WORKING for the gummamint! I got it in an email!!!

Old 12-12-2012, 04:10 PM
Top Dog

I don't trust snopes anymore than I trust what may have happened to someone somewhere or probably will at some point. Snopes almost always takes the liberal point of view. The government is always trying to figure out ways to create more gun control. They already have. Whether or not this is true (and I did say I wasn't sure on my op) it's something to pay attention to. Americans have had the right to keep and bear arms in our constitution. And patriots who believe in the constitution and America want to keep it that way.

Thomas Jefferson