Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-12-2012, 09:10 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Question Which ipad?

Simply put, I think I'm going go get one. Which one should I get? Is it worth getting the new one or the 3 or something?

How many gig is best? 3g/4g enabled or just WiFi??
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 12-12-2012, 09:14 AM
Chihuahua Power!

I have the iPad 2 with wifi only. It wasn't worth it to me to have to pay for service since I'm on wifi 99% of the time while I'm using it. I have my iPhone for when I'm not on wifi. Oh yeah, and it's 32gb.

My main reason for getting it was traveling. It's much easier (and cheaper if it gets lost/stolen!) to travel with my iPad versus my laptop.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 12-12-2012, 09:23 AM
Sit! Good dog.

I want one as I tend to browse on my phone more than I do my laptop! Only use my laptop for tasks like banking or shopping. But for browsing I sit on my phone!

So.... That sounds sensible... Don't need mobile net as I have my phone.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Old 12-12-2012, 09:25 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
I want one as I tend to browse on my phone more than I do my laptop! Only use my laptop for tasks like banking or shopping. But for browsing I sit on my phone!

So.... That sounds sensible... Don't need mobile net as I have my phone.
That's how I am, too. It's so much easier to browse on the iPad rather than my laptop.

Old 12-12-2012, 09:27 AM
Show Dog

If you have an iPhone, you don't need the 3g/4g, you tether the WiFi iPad to the iPhone, use like a modem.

Old 12-12-2012, 09:27 AM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
I have the iPad 2 with wifi only. It wasn't worth it to me to have to pay for service since I'm on wifi 99% of the time while I'm using it. I have my iPhone for when I'm not on wifi. Oh yeah, and it's 32gb.

My main reason for getting it was traveling. It's much easier (and cheaper if it gets lost/stolen!) to travel with my iPad versus my laptop.
This.
I have the 2.. boyfriend has the 3, and frankly the only time you see a difference with the retina display is when we watch movies on it really (which is very rarely other than on long bus rides)

I got the wifi only. As it is, I'm either at school,home, on the train or at the airport with my ipad.. all places with free wifi lol so I figured it wasn't worth the cost.

Mostly.. I use it for books and travel (when my laptop is too bulky) and it does that job very well.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:19 AM
Sit! Good dog.

What gig is best? Will 16 be enough?

I've seen the iPad 4, WiFi only, 16gb for 399. Which is less than I thought it'd be.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:20 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Could I tether my HTC to it for mobile net??

Old 12-12-2012, 10:29 AM
Show Dog

Quote:
Could I tether my HTC to it for mobile net??
Not sure, but you should if your phone's set up for it.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:30 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
What gig is best? Will 16 be enough?

I've seen the iPad 4, WiFi only, 16gb for 399. Which is less than I thought it'd be.
Would importing from the US be cheaper, or would it be about the same by the time you pay any import taxes on it?

The Apple online store generally has refurbs (with warranties- the batteries and outer shells are brand new) for under $300 for the iPad 2. A friend of ours just bought one a couple of weeks ago.

Here's the link. Right now, the only ones on there probably wouldn't be worth the hassle of getting them to the UK, though.

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad

Anyway, I think 16gb would be fine if your main usage is browsing the internet and downloading apps! The only things that take up space on mine are books, music, and apps. I don't use it for importing photos or anything, so I doubt I've even come close to the 32gb mine has.