Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-25-2006, 12:05 PM
bullie lover

Default More Pitbull Dachshund Mixes

On a whim I googled "pit bull dachshund" and i found these two girls....

Dallas and Dana

The head structure is the same... their legs are a bit more messed up than Mojo's... but looking at them is like looking at another Mojo in the face.

It's creepy in a way... I haven't seen very many dogs that look like mine does. This is the closest I've ever seen.

Old 02-25-2006, 01:04 PM
F150 and a .30-06

Why are their legs messed up like that?

Weird cross

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 02-25-2006, 01:06 PM
Top Dog

Because some irresponsible shmuck decided to put a dauchie and a pit together..that's why!

stupid people...
Old 02-25-2006, 01:38 PM
bullie lover

Mojo's legs are a bit turned out in front and he has really bad hips. Not to the extent as those girls... but it's still apparent if you study my dog's structure.

It's a messed up not very good cross to try... the structural problems are just nuts.

SOme examples:

Bad hips come in pairs - this happens the most when he turns his body or when he moves his legs in certain ways. My vets have said that the muscles have adapted and he has very muscular back legs, but surgery may need to be done in the future as he gets older. He's sometimes reluctant to climb stairs when it's cold and/or wet out... I am planning on talking to his vet about painkillers for him at his next appointment.

Old Photo -- Note front legs...

It's the hips that worry the most to be honest...
Old 02-25-2006, 02:24 PM
rottiegirl

Those dogs look pure bred. They are just victims of horrible breeding. Take a look at the pure pits in this website.... http://www.woodspits.com/
Old 02-25-2006, 02:27 PM
F150 and a .30-06

Quote:
Those dogs look pure bred. They are just victims of horrible breeding. Take a look at the pure pits in this website.... http://www.woodspits.com/
Is it just me or do their chests and legs look weird? If I'm wrong it's because I dont have that much experiance looking at them from this point of veiw.

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 02-25-2006, 02:29 PM
rottiegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennSLK
Is it just me or do their chests and legs look weird? If I'm wrong it's because I dont have that much experiance looking at them from this point of veiw.
Yes, those dogs look horrible. They are far from the breed standard. They must have many health problems.
Old 02-25-2006, 02:32 PM
F150 and a .30-06

There is a pic of one pulling a truck and a corvet

http://www.woodspits.com/CaponePulling.html

Old 02-25-2006, 03:45 PM
bullie lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottiegirl
I looked at the website and when i compare those pictures to Mojo I still don't see how he or those other two dogs are purebred. Mojo's body is longer and his head just doesn't have the same structure (blockiness) of pretty much all of the pit bulls and other bully breeds i have seen. He's got the base, but his muzzle is much thinner, the jaw muscles not AS developed, and his lips lack mushiness. To me he just doesn't look pure which is why i accept him as a dachshund mix because he has a lot of qualities similar to the dachshund personality...
Old 02-25-2006, 03:52 PM
but please call me Aus.

Wow... I've never seen any dog with legs like that it looks painful! Poor babies I didn't know mojo had bad legs I only saw his pic in your sig and I thought he looked quite tall.... I didn't know his legs were that short.

I have seen that breeders website before.... horrible.