Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-10-2012, 07:05 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Venting doesn't preclude doing the other, and venting does help some people to work things out in their own minds so they can gather up some momentum to follow through.

Too, there's always the handy-dandy ignore button, or just not clicking on threads.

Have to wonder if some of the pissing (absolutely not directing this at you, AI, I get the feeling you have sincere concern ) doesn't have more to do with "no one's doing what I say to do" than it does with really giving a rodent's rear about the person.
Agree with the whole post and the bolded part...touché~
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-10-2012, 07:07 PM
Glutton for Crazy

I have genuine concern with anyone who's truly engaged in a dangerous lifestyle. I take genuine offense, having been there myself, of people who fake such experiences. I also support those questioning validity. I reserve any true emotion, and encourage others to as well, until I see some proof because like I said I've been fooled before, after years of forums.

To each their own but neither side, those enabling and those challenging (otherwise known as supporting or attacking), is any less valid at this point in the story.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:11 PM
SevenSins

Quote:
Venting doesn't preclude doing the other, and venting does help some people to work things out in their own minds so they can gather up some momentum to follow through.

Too, there's always the handy-dandy ignore button, or just not clicking on threads.

Have to wonder if some of the pissing (absolutely not directing this at you, AI, I get the feeling you have sincere concern ) doesn't have more to do with "no one's doing what I say to do" than it does with really giving a rodent's rear about the person.
Venting is one thing. Coming to a dog forum and, within a month or so, turning everything you post into a soap opera is another.

As far as whether the "pissing" has to do with "they aren't doing what I say to do?" I can only speak for myself, but as far as I'm concerned that has nothing to do with it. I'm personally more concerned about people who otherwise mean well being preyed upon because they tend to put their heart before their head. I'm not heartless, I'm cynical, and that makes me ask questions...and I wasn't born that way, but I'm not going to post my life story on an internet dog forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
I have genuine concern with anyone who's truly engaged in a dangerous lifestyle. I take genuine offense, having been there myself, of people who fake such experiences. I also support those questioning validity. I reserve any true emotion, and encourage others to as well, until I see some proof because like I said I've been fooled before, after years of forums.

To each their own but neither side, those enabling and those challenging (otherwise known as supporting or attacking), is any less valid at this point in the story.
THIS.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:17 PM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

What concerns, frustrates, and angers me is that the ones close to this fiasco do not have 100% insight where they can say "I know for a fact that this is true" (and with that I mean Romy). While I don't need to know all the nitty gritty details, she does. When you open your home to someone's dog, feed it, take care of it, you deserve to know.

And as long as Romy can't say that she verified the story to more than just being able to say that the pms seem to match up... I'm not buying it.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:19 PM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
What concerns, frustrates, and angers me is that the ones close to this fiasco do not have 100% insight where they can say "I know for a fact that this is true" (and with that I mean Romy). While I don't need to know all the nitty gritty details, she does. When you open your home to someone's dog, feed it, take care of it, you deserve to know.

And as long as Romy can't say that she verified the story to more than just being able to say that the pms seem to match up... I'm not buying it.
Couldn't agree more.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:21 PM
Wu-Tang Steph

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Honestly it really upsets me to see people being led on and allowing themselves to emotionally involve themselves with a situation that, whether true or not, seems to fuel itself on the reactions.

Does my post not hold value? Why should I choose to not respond? Is your post being more valuable than mine not "trashy"?
I think this is the best point here. I've been quietly reading along because all of my TV shows ended last week, but it's one thing to post whatever you want on the internet (maybe goes without saying, but my BS meter flew off and broke long ago) but when people start investing emotionally it's bad news bears when it what is and isn't true comes to light. Someone has this chick's dog. People are already emotionally invested and time/money(?) is in it too.

I believe Sass somewhere said it, but I personally think it's dangerous to feed a fire of delusions. We don't know what is or isn't true, but it's obvious these threads are only fueled when the attention is garnered. If it goes negative, like this thread, the roommate thread, and the small dog threads, the OP stops posting in them and makes a new thread. I've had this happen several times on a facebook group from another forum where people were actually proven to be posting things that weren't true and getting people emotionally invested. It sucks.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:36 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
And I have to wonder if some of the unconditional support doesn't have more to do with needing to be needed than it does with really giving a rodent's rear about the person.

Oh, look! Projecting motivation onto other people and passive-aggressively insulting them is fun! Oh wait, no it's not.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:43 PM
Top Dog

We had that happen with the Binn threads. That person, I stuck up for too for the longest time and it came out factually that it was all a big lie. And that dog suffered. We were all emotionally invested in that and felt like fools after the truth came out. So, I know what you're saying. I just hate to think that if it is all true, people are calling her a liar and criticizing her motives or the way she posts, how she disappears, then makes a new thread...all negative stuff. I hate to think if you're wrong (because there is no definite proof either way) and there is unkindness and hurt done to her. It would be worse than if you're right and we who are trying to be supportive (you call it enabling) wind up looking like dummies in the end. I don't know about you, but I can take it. It's not going to make me an emotional wreck if I find out later that the whole thing is as you say. So, that's my take...that it's just too risky to not be supportive or at least kind about it...at this stage anyway. Call me an emotional moron...
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-10-2012, 07:48 PM
Top Dog

Maybe I see the world through rose colored glasses but I have sympathy for Stephy's situation. Could it be misplaced? Sure. I dont know Stephy at all. Ive never spoken to her save for commenting to her thread twice (this being the second time) but rather than doubting her I choose to care.

It does not cost me anything to be nice. In life I have tons of regrets, I am sure I will have many more..But one thing I have never regretted and never will was showing kindness or compassion to someone that seemed in need even if in the end it was misplaced.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:55 PM
Wu-Tang Steph

I think ultimately people should do whatever they want, but I think it's fair game (ESPECIALLY on the internet.) for people to call it like they see it. I think it's fine to care about the situations as people present, but I think it's fine to question a story. This whole saga is extremely questionable to me and I think it's unhealthy to feed into, but I haven't had any thing to say because whatever. The only thing that motivates me to say any thing is because now someone has her dog. If you start crossing internet into real life then people should definitely start questioning the story and asking for more information.

I'm quite close with people I only know on the internet and will likely never meet, and I've sent money/gifts/etc. to them, so it's not like I don't understand feeling empathy and caring about people I don't know.