Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-10-2012, 07:10 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by -bogart- View Post
Ya see that's one thing. I don't try to sound intellectual. I know how smart or dumb I am. No one has to point it out. Why are you here ? I am sure she has heard you think she needs a shrink a hospital and a job. Why keep typing The same thing over and over and ruining each new thread
Well if you don't like what people have to say you can always ignore them.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:11 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Chaz USED to be the kind of place where this was manifestly not true.
I think this is far more about talking to those trained and qualified, not those who're friends.

There is a time and place for venting to friends, a situation as dramatic as this, homeless, prostitution, suicide, and whatever next weeks episode brings us, is not it.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:19 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Oops, DP.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:19 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
The truth is Chaz has ALWAYS been this way. You just said yourself there was a gang up thread years ago. Same ****, different day, many of the sayme players though some would like to pretend that's not so.
Now that you say that , it is true. Maybe now I have changed and don't want Chaz to be the way it is. I dunno. I do know how great Chaz can be and the ugly garnishes the great. Maybe that is why I have a problem with it now. I don't want to restoop to that trashy level.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:23 PM
SevenSins

Quote:
Ya see that's one thing. I don't try to sound intellectual. I know how smart or dumb I am. No one has to point it out. Why are you here ? I am sure she has heard you think she needs a shrink a hospital and a job. Why keep typing The same thing over and over and ruining each new thread
"Why are you here?" LOL I'm here because someone posted on an internet discussion forum, and I felt the need to add my opinion to the discussion. If you only want people to comment who are in agreement with you, perhaps the question should be, "why are YOU here?" You're more than welcome to talk via private messages or simply not post yourself. There's that thing about perception again; Perhaps I think that you're "ruining" the thread by essentially telling people who don't agree with you that they should keep quiet because their views don't matter.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:24 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Honestly it really upsets me to see people being led on and allowing themselves to emotionally involve themselves with a situation that, whether true or not, seems to fuel itself on the reactions.

Does my post not hold value? Why should I choose to not respond? Is your post being more valuable than mine not "trashy"?

Old 12-10-2012, 07:24 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Thing is, Stephy has been given the tools and advice on how to better her situation.

She is STILL not wanting to help herself or her situation until after the new year. She'd rather sit on here and complain.

Look, if someone posted about how their dog was peeing blood we'd all tell them to go to the vet ASAP. If they continued posting about doing nothing, we'd get upset. And if this person wrote poems and drawn out threads about how upset they were about their sick dog, we'd be like "enough is enough already! DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!". She knows what she needs to do, and it's going in one ear and out the other. If she took all of the time she's spending on here and put it to good use rather than writing poetic complaints, she'd probably have a job.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 12-10-2012, 07:26 PM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Since you think she is a liar , why are you here ? Does her post affect you ? (Grammer Nazis is this the right affect? Lol )

And yes broad plans are ok to post about . She has , get a job and get a place and get her dog back. I know people post threads on getting his or that job vibes , but I would never
Because I feel it would jinx it. Superstitious , yes but I don't care.

Yes whining as you put it is totally acceptable. A lot of people do , have you seek The venting thread? We are all whiners in there.
So, if whining is acceptable...

LET ME JUST WHINE ABOUT WHAT IM READING... this is totally acceptable. I'm no longer just giving my take on the post, IM WHINING ABOUT IT.

And besides, I wasnt really off topic with my first reply. She talked about the value her dollar... I just reminded her that she does not mind spending $80 on her phone....
Old 12-10-2012, 07:54 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
Thing is, Stephy has been given the tools and advice on how to better her situation.

She is STILL not wanting to help herself or her situation until after the new year. She'd rather sit on here and complain.

Look, if someone posted about how their dog was peeing blood we'd all tell them to go to the vet ASAP. If they continued posting about doing nothing, we'd get upset. And if this person wrote poems and drawn out threads about how upset they were about their sick dog, we'd be like "enough is enough already! DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!". She knows what she needs to do, and it's going in one ear and out the other. If she took all of the time she's spending on here and put it to good use rather than writing poetic complaints, she'd probably have a job.
You make a good, logical point. I've, in fact become exasperated, impatient and down right nasty to people in the past when they came asking for advice, our replies were concise and they'd listen very nicely and go out and do precisely what they want. It's true. I admit it. I've been known to be quite ornery at times with certain individuals. That impatience, I'm not proud of.

But I guess the difference for me is that no one ever gave me any indication that they were suffering themselves so much with depression and hopelessness. In this case, I feel like Steph is in a fragile frame of mind and her circumstances are teetering on the edge. She's mentioned suicide. That is not something to take lightly and play around with someone's feelings NO MATTER WHAT. She has been given some pointers and has actually made a few changes according to the posts. I think she needs to be gentled along, not bombarded with criticism. Someone suffering from emotional issues doesn't always operate to an optimum, logical way. They just don't function perfectly until they reach a certain level of confidence and gain a little happiness.

And I agree, professional help is a good idea. It's hard to face up to, to get around to finding out about it but not a good idea to put off Steph. I'd find some organization, which can help you in various ways, emotionally, financially. It's a matter of getting online or making a phone call. Don't procrastinate. You'll feel so much better once you get some of those organizing chores behind you.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-10-2012, 07:55 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
I think this is far more about talking to those trained and qualified, not those who're friends.

There is a time and place for venting to friends, a situation as dramatic as this, homeless, prostitution, suicide, and whatever next weeks episode brings us, is not it.
Venting doesn't preclude doing the other, and venting does help some people to work things out in their own minds so they can gather up some momentum to follow through.

Too, there's always the handy-dandy ignore button, or just not clicking on threads.

Have to wonder if some of the pissing (absolutely not directing this at you, AI, I get the feeling you have sincere concern ) doesn't have more to do with "no one's doing what I say to do" than it does with really giving a rodent's rear about the person.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian