Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #131  
Old 12-10-2012, 11:02 PM
SevenSins
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchild16 View Post
My point is has anyone ever asked? They keep saying they are worried about her to say what they want but whose actually asked if there was help needed on that front? I don't know if there is or the arrangement at all just throwing out there all of the "but we are worried about Romy" but has anyone asked her if there is anything they can do about it.
What I think would "help" Romy, is for either Romy or the dog's owner to contact the breeder of her dog and get them involved, which hasn't happened. Romy doesn't even have contact information for the dog's owner outside of the PM system and her "friend's" phone number. And that's apparently not strange to anyone. *shrug*

Anyway, whether or not anyone has asked, I don't know what anyone could DO to help Romy with the dog to begin with. Especially since it technically isn't her dog, and because the breeder is the next person in line to have responsibility when it comes to helping with the dog.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 12-10-2012, 11:32 PM
Twin_Dogs Twin_Dogs is offline
Puppy Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Coldest place in Canada
Posts: 89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenSins View Post
Romy doesn't even have contact information for the dog's owner outside of the PM system and her "friend's" phone number. And that's apparently not strange to anyone. *shrug*
The OP who may or may not reply to this thread at all and who may or may not just start a new thread. Which is also apparently not strange to anyone.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 12-10-2012, 11:55 PM
Doberluv's Avatar
Doberluv Doberluv is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: western Wa
Posts: 21,912
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenSins View Post
What I think would "help" Romy, is for either Romy or the dog's owner to contact the breeder of her dog and get them involved, which hasn't happened. Romy doesn't even have contact information for the dog's owner outside of the PM system and her "friend's" phone number. And that's apparently not strange to anyone. *shrug*

Anyway, whether or not anyone has asked, I don't know what anyone could DO to help Romy with the dog to begin with. Especially since it technically isn't her dog, and because the breeder is the next person in line to have responsibility when it comes to helping with the dog.
I offered to help with the transporting of the dog. But I couldn't take the dog in. Romy was better equipped I guess, for that.

I don't know what the arrangement is with the breeder or what was in her contract...if there is a contract or anything else.
__________________
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776





"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 12-11-2012, 12:35 AM
Renee750il's Avatar
Renee750il Renee750il is offline
Felurian
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Where the selas blooms
Posts: 94,266
Default

Actually, Romy HAS let Kat's breeder know that Kat is fine and welcome where she is until Stephy can bring her back home.

Kat also thwarted one break in the other night.

And yes, Romy's also in been in contact with Stephy outside the PM system here.

This isn't the first time Romy's trusted her gut and helped someone here who needed it when there was a good bit of finger-pointing and accusations of drama-mongering going on and she made a critical difference in someone's life by doing so.
__________________
In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves. ~Buddha

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.


There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.


Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 12-11-2012, 12:46 AM
JessLough JessLough is offline
Love My Mutt <3
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 13,160
Default

As of a few days ago, she hadn't. She had "drafted a letter, but the breeder doesn't have a website and only has an email and yadda yadda yadda" and kept sidestepping the question when asked, which is what I was going on

Also, she "has no contact information for her other than PM here and a phone number for a friend" as of a few days ago as well, before it's assumed people are going off assumptions
__________________
Ella: 3 year old female ferret
Nacho: ~8 year old male ferret

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 12-11-2012, 12:46 AM
SevenSins
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
And yes, Romy's also in been in contact with Stephy outside the PM system here.
Mkay, well, again it goes back to only knowing what is posted, and the last time it was brought up, she didn't have any idea where she was.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 12-11-2012, 02:02 AM
Romy's Avatar
Romy Romy is offline
Taxiderpy
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 9,956
Default

It's really exhausting keeping up with all the different theories, accusations, etc. so I just kind of pulled back from all that so I can focus on my kids, dogs, life away from the internets, etc.

Kat is totally fine and safe. She's not any hardship whatsoever on our family. She's very sweet, has a fabulous temperament and Stephy did an incredible job socializing her as she is very protective yet has shown really, really good judgement as far as what is normal human behavior and what is "off" and needs to be alerted too. Since she started staying with us she's driven off two prowlers. Her only vices so far is normal puppy stuff, like occassionally trying to eat a sock and getting into uncovered garbage cans which is really easy to manage. She's fabulous with kids, gets along great with the zois, doesn't have any behavioral problems with resource guarding or things that would make having her here difficult.

Anyway, her food is covered and everything is taken care of so nobody needs to worry about her, me, or her impact on my family. It's all cool or I wouldn't have offered to dogsit her. I really hope she and Stephy can get back together soon because I think it'll be best for both of them. Kat seems content for now, but it's really obvious how devoted she is to Stephy. She's goofy and loving and playful, but she knows she doesn't "belong" here. I can't quite put it into words, but I know she's looking forward to going home with her person.

ETA: and her breeder knows she's staying with me temporarily so that's not a problem either.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 12-11-2012, 02:30 AM
Romy's Avatar
Romy Romy is offline
Taxiderpy
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 9,956
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
As of a few days ago, she hadn't. She had "drafted a letter, but the breeder doesn't have a website and only has an email and yadda yadda yadda" and kept sidestepping the question when asked, which is what I was going on
And it's posts like this that are extremely stressful, unhelpful, and misleading. You're implying that I repeatedly dodged a bunch of questions when that's not at all the case. I answered VERY DIRECTLY the one time it was asked, which was that I had drafted a letter. After that I sent it. I didn't post an update until now because as far as I'd seen nobody had asked.

I'm feeling pretty insulted right now, and am done posting about this stuff. People can theorize all they want, it's really not worth the blood pressure spikes to engage in this right now.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 12-11-2012, 02:39 AM
Dizzy's Avatar
Dizzy Dizzy is offline
Sit! Good dog.
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Wales
Posts: 17,532
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
And it's posts like this that are extremely stressful, unhelpful, and misleading. You're implying that I repeatedly dodged a bunch of questions when that's not at all the case. I answered VERY DIRECTLY the one time it was asked, which was that I had drafted a letter. After that I sent it. I didn't post an update until now because as far as I'd seen nobody had asked.

I'm feeling pretty insulted right now, and am done posting about this stuff. People can theorize all they want, it's really not worth the blood pressure spikes to engage in this right now.
Stephy should be answering this, not you. That's the whole reason people are irritated. Stephy wants help or sympathy or whatever, but its all take take.

People are asking for assurance this is all true. Where is it?? And that's not for you to answer at all.

Me thinks stephy knows how her threads will end up.
__________________
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."


Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein


Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 12-11-2012, 02:50 AM
Romy's Avatar
Romy Romy is offline
Taxiderpy
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 9,956
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
Stephy should be answering this, not you. That's the whole reason people are irritated. Stephy wants help or sympathy or whatever, but its all take take.

People are asking for assurance this is all true. Where is it?? And that's not for you to answer at all.

Me thinks stephy knows how her threads will end up.
When someone presents me as doing/saying something in a misleading way that isn't true, and that makes me look bad and dishonest, that IS for me to answer. And it really pisses me off when I've done nothing but try to be helpful and respectful of folks here on chaz in all the years I've been a member here. And when people are sitting around on facebook making up theories and stories about how the dog came into my possession that aren't true, that's for me to answer as well.

And if you go back and read the first post of this thread, it's all her writing thankyous. So how is that remotely controversial?

Stephy hasn't asked people here for money or anything except to take a little time to read and reply to threads which is totally done by choice. If people don't believe her or want to spend their time reading and replying, they have the choice to not click. If people claim to be worried about me (and thank you to those who genuinely are, there are many kind hearted members here <3 ) thank you. You're awesome people.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site