Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-24-2012, 09:53 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Default What are you getting others for Christmas?

What are you getting or have already gotten others for Christmas this year?

So far I have gotten:

A purple iPhone case with a mustache on it (it's awesome), and a onesie (It's like a one piece footsy pajama thing) with penguins on it for my sister.

A purple iPhone case with a mustache on it and a onesie with penguins on it for our best friend Lexi.

Annnnd that's it lol!

Things I'm going to get:

Personalized silver lockets for my sister and our best friend. On the outside they say "Believe" and on the inside they say "You can't fly unless you let yourself fall." I'm getting one for each of us as "sister/friendship" lockets. They're so expensive though, so it really limits me to what else I can get for people lol!

A nice DVD player for my dad, since ours is messed up.

I'm not sure yet for my mom...I have to get her 2 things since her birthday is the 21st. My dad got her a new phone for her birthday so I wanted to get her a case but I don't think they make cases for it. My dad for her an iPad mini for Christmas and my sister got her a case for it already. So I'm stuck lol!

I'm going to get my brother some tshirts and maybe a game.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 11-24-2012, 10:11 AM
Resident fainting goat

(we have to hand-make/"create" a present within our immediate family soo..) I mean, the rules are pretty grey..it CAN'T be a store bought "item" but can be a gift card for an activitiy and you can pay someone else to make your gift lol

- Brother 1 is getting a catapult to put on his desk (cheating..since I didn't technically "make" this lol but I did assemble it and we cheat all the time)

He is always saying his secretary and his assistant are deaf as bricks so I got him something that he could throw marbles and paper balls at them with lol

- Brother 2 is getting a gift certificate for color me mine (a paint your own pottery place)
when we were kids..he used to BEG to go there lol and it's so "not him" that it's hilarious and every time we go to the mall I notice him staring longingly into the windows lol

- Mother is getting a quilt made from our baby blankets. I didn't make this either but somebody on etsy did lol

- Father is getting a star wars tie lol

- All cousins are getting
Old 11-24-2012, 10:16 AM
Top Dog

I don't know!!!

I have purchased for Zach, because he's the only person I spend enough time with to know what he wants/likes/needs.

He is getting a Ravens robe, Mad Men and Breaking Bad on blu ray, a complicated board game that I think he'll like, and the entire James Bond collection ($99 on amazon today!) Am still looking to find him Oakleys.

My training friends are getting a tshirt that says, "On weekends I take my dog bar hopping" and shows an agility jump, and also a little etsy-commissioned figurine of the three of our dogs together.

We drew names for cousins. One cousin asked for "Money", so I plan to purchase chocolate coins and fake dollars and those tissues that look like hundred dollar bills, and any other form of money I can find. Then I'll give him $20 (the limit for those gifts). Other "cousin" (really cousin's boyfriend) asked for a Barnes and Noble gift card and a travel mug, so he'll get that.

Moms and dads and sister though? No clue. None at all. BLAHHHH.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:18 AM
We are Home.

Fran that blanket <3. I swear if someone ever gave me one of those from my kids blankets/clothes I would seriously cry LMAO.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 11-24-2012, 10:27 AM
Top Dog

I am still deciding most of the stuff.

We got a "family" present for the kids, a nice TV to put in the playroom as right now they just watch the computer monitor.

I am getting jewelry made for my mom, grandma and one aunt...for my aunt I am including a bit of dog hair that my friend uses when making the glass beads. It burns up during the processing so you cant see it, but its the idea of it being there to make a memory type charm. http://www.touchbytracy.com/

My dad we are trying to find a nice meat slicer for. My BIL and family thinking this really funny "manure" kit - it has worm casting, guano, etc and its done up in puns BUT is also very useful and they are getting into garden. Others in the IL group, yeah, I have no idea.

DH - no idea
brothers - one gets a video game every year, thats done. Other I have no idea though I *think* (and REALLY hope) he is drawing pics of my dogs for me this year. He is an UNBELIEVABLE artist but very seldom does things for real, mostly just sketches and draws for himself.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:33 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

For my grandson's Jory and Zoen, 7 and 3 I am making them boxes of moonlight. Painting the inside with glow in the dark paint on the inside, Zoen's will have rabbits playing in a field under the stars on the top, Jory's will have his silhouette standing on the bank of the Platte River, a place that he loves, under a moonlight star sprinkiled sky. His box will glow blue inside, Zoen's will glow green. For Aiden 2 and a half, I am making a button man, and embroidering a pillow case with his name and cars for his new car bed. I haven't decided what I will make for Baylee the baby I am making a painting of girls doing cartwheels in a bright colored background , and for Hyia I have her teapot and a small groundhog figurine. I still have the cups to make. ,

Haven't decided on Gg yet, it is hard to make something for someone that is visually iimpaired but I will try to come up with something.

IF i don't make it, I will have nothing to give. IT took me forever to save up just for the paint for the boxes. I made Aiden a box of moonlight for his 2n'd birthday and it turned out way better than I had expected . Jory's and Zoen's have nice handles but the latch on Jory's has already broken and I am going to have to pull it off and replace it with something much more durable. THanks a lot Hobby Lobby. IT might have been closed 5 times total. Boo hiss to you. HOpe the handles hold out better than that. Can't replace it with a new one since I have been working on it off and on for a month.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 11-24-2012, 11:18 AM
Top Dog

Getting my mom a tablet, pitched in to get the grandparents a laptop, got a giftcard to gamestop for my brother, will get an American Eagle giftcard for my sister. I haven't decided on my boss and friend at work...going back and forth on a shirt with their birds on it, or some lush stuff. I usually get everyone else in my department a $10 giftcard to the gas station. I think that's about it!

Old 11-24-2012, 12:23 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

I really don't know what I'm doing yet.

Mike is getting a belt rack and potentially a suit. I told my mom what to get him for her gifts, so I feel like I've had a hand in that as well. LOL Not really sure what else to do for him. I might do a gift card to Texas Roadhouse...or a random funny gift.

Dogs are getting bones/chew toys. Rats will get a toy/treats. Dameon will get a toy/treats.

I don't really know what to do for my family. I'm going to be short on funds, so they may not get anything this year. Not really sure yet...have to think on that.

For my Grandma me, Mike, and my siblings are going to do a coupon book that she can cash in for help around the house/us to cook dinner/go out shopping/etc., etc. when she would like.

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 11-24-2012, 01:59 PM
Top Dog

If this morning sickness ever stops long enough for me to go shopping

Brother - pants. He asked for pants. Chinos, probably.

My aunt - a pie server, not sure what else. Maybe tickets to do something, a museum or something...

Friend - I want to make her a chandelier for her apartment, but I'm not sure I'll have time. If not, she's a new art teacher, so probably something to go along with that - art books or something.

Mom - uhhhhhh. dad's getting her a roomba, a cleaning service, and jewelry. Maybe some Christmas decor type stuff, she likes that. Or more jewelry.

Dad - Also "uhhhhhhhhhhhh". Probably something corvette themed. Maybe football themed.

Dogs are getting cuz toys, some new stuffies, bones.

I'm also supposed to be shopping for two kids in need, but Hurricane Sandy backed up the organization so I have no idea how old, genders, living situation, what they need/want yet.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-24-2012, 05:07 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Brother is getting Zombie U, since he will be getting a wii u.

Mom is getting a large LEGO set of... something.

No idea what dad is getting.

Aunt is getting an Elvis mug.

Grandmother is probably getting puzzles.

Rosey is getting some pheasant treats she LOVES.

Harley is getting flip flops

Renegade will get something to hide. Possibly candy canes.

Ella will get a baby rattle.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13