Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 12-11-2012, 02:28 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Default STill trying for that Christmas pic

Sun beam is too much..so....guess it is time to get out the sheets. In the meantime, here's today's effort. I forgot all about clearing out the background, that sunbeam only lasts as few minutes. Opppps no way to cut that all out. TOmorrow I will do better, and I will keep trying til I get what I want. NOt like there is much else to do on these chilly cold days. We are all stuck inside.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 12-11-2012, 02:33 PM
Puppy Dog

What works for me is having treats in a can on one hand and the camera on the other hand. I usually put them on a down-stay, get their attention by rattling the can with treats and wait for all of them to look at me. Works with the cat, too. LOL
Old 12-11-2012, 02:37 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Expressions are not my problem nor is the subject matter, its that I have 4 perfectly good cameras that would give me exactly what I want, but no film, or place to do developing so I am stuck with a digi, a cheap digi, with a crap flash that focuses for me, and that I do not like..I am sooooooooo old school I miss with all my heart being able to use my manual nikon. BUt...I think I have an idea, it has worked before and tomorrow is another day. I tell myself over and over again a camera is a box with a hole in it, it is what you do with it that matters. Don't blame the tool, think around it.

Treats would blow it with my gang, they would be so focused on the treats, I would miss the interaction which is what I am after.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 12-11-2012, 02:39 PM
Puppy Dog

my camera sucks, too. One slight movement and it gets blurry. what kind of camera do you have?
Old 12-11-2012, 02:46 PM
swimming upstream

[/QUOTE]

"there were three in the bed, and the little one said...roll over, roll over..."
do you know that song? That's what popped into my head with this picture!
Old 12-11-2012, 02:48 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

You laugh but I have OUTSIDE gotten some I couldn't ask for better focus, on one setting only.

IT is a Exslim casio..30 bucks from the pawn shop. I use and abuse one and had to replace ..I have dropped one in water at the creek, dropped the second one at the water park with a grand. STill...on poster settings it is to the pixel in focus..it's crazy. But only under the exact right light. So I have an idea of how to bounce some light, I made it work a couple times before, just about this time of year and will see if I can soften it, and take some of the glare off of radiating White Knight.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 12-11-2012, 02:49 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

THen that should be the title
Victor is as soft as he looks..his fur feels like velvet and his skin is supple, soft and warm. IT's the first thing anyone who touches him says..oh he is so soft. I like it when that shows in the photo. I have a couple that it looked as it feels.
His fur is not stiff like a GS. Pepper's is more coarse but still lies flat and slick.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!