'Other' Folder on FB

So I posted about this on FB but figured I would put it here since it seemed like a number of people I've spoken to didn't know about it. Including me.

So there is an 'Other' folder in your FB messages that seems to hold messages from people that aren't friends or something like that. Seems almost like a spam folder. But Sara just told me to go check it and low and behold there were all these messages going back years from people and I've never seen any of them.

So, if you didn't know about it now you do. And if you did know about it, well then I feel stupid :rofl1:

S

SevenSins

Didn't know about this either. I have messaging from everyone enabled and just assumed that I would be notified if I got a message from someone who wasn't a friend, so I only read messages when I'm either on chat or get the notification up top. Turns out I had quite a few I didn't even know about. Thanks, Facebook!

milos_mommy

Well....I did not know.

I have a bunch of messages that appear to be sent via text from a phone and need to be downloaded. I don't recognize the numbers, but they are my area code and not unusual looking.

Should I open them?

Good to know I'm not the only one!

I figured I would shout it loud because I feel really bad about all the people I "ignored".

And SevenSins, that is just what I thought too. Makes me feel less snubbed though about the people I messaged that I wasn't friends with and never got a reply back from.

Equinox

Someone pointed this out to me and a whole bunch of others on Facebook - huge WHOA WHAT? for me. But naturally, while everyone else discovered all sorts of crazy weird messages, I actually didn't have anything interesting. Just one "who are you?" from a dog person I sent a friend request to, and a few notifications from Facebook groups.

Someone pointed this out to me and a whole bunch of others on Facebook - huge WHOA WHAT? for me. But naturally, while everyone else discovered all sorts of crazy weird messages, I actually didn't have anything interesting. Just one "who are you?" from a dog person I sent a friend request to, and a few notifications from Facebook groups.
Be happy, I had some from people my breeder sent to talk to me about my experiences importing and my dogs. Made me feel all bad.

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
Mind = blown.

I will have to apologize all over myself when I respond to this lady.

BostonBanker

I can't find my "other" folder...am I blind?

On the plus side, I did finally figure out how to change my name while exploring.

Edit: I found it! Nothing interesting at all for me.

ACooper

:eek: Did NOT even notice! Thanks Linds! LOL

Yes, I have messages going back to 2010 that I never viewed....luckily nothing that needed attention, but wow...how unobservant do I feel right now? LMAO!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Oh look, there's that recipe that I kept asking someone to send me, and was mad that they never did :rofl1:

Otherwise I had a bunch of stupid junk, but still good to know!

Equinox

Be happy, I had some from people my breeder sent to talk to me about my experiences importing and my dogs. Made me feel all bad.
If it makes you feel any better, I had the opposite problem - I sent messages to a few people who owned dogs/lines I wanted to learn more about, and they never replied. Even before I figured out why, it didn't bother me.

Although, what IS the appropriate time frame determining whether or not you could still reply (and not feel completely awkward)? xD I have some messages that I legitimately read and never responded to.

So don't feel bad, at least you aren't a terrible human being.

Lyzelle

I found this a while ago. But it wasn't that big of a deal, because no one talks to me anyway. Lol. Just messages/notifications from pages.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Ha!!! No way. I asked for people to be admin to a group I have years ago... and lo that's where all the response where! ****.

Jenne

Ball Thrower
Wow, I didn't know about this. Have a few messages from my employees from when I was supervisor, apparently they thought using a facebook message to call out was appropriate.

Members online

No members online now.