Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-09-2012, 07:51 PM
Puppy Dog

Not quite me training the dogs, but because I did a lot of my training in the living room near the bird cage, my African Grey learned he could call the dogs over, tell them to sit, and then throw food at them. I made the mistake of laughing the first time. You would be amazed at how much super expensive bird pellets he can shovel out of his cage at the dogs.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:41 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardi4851 View Post
Not quite me training the dogs, but because I did a lot of my training in the living room near the bird cage, my African Grey learned he could call the dogs over, tell them to sit, and then throw food at them. I made the mistake of laughing the first time. You would be amazed at how much super expensive bird pellets he can shovel out of his cage at the dogs.

Best ever!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-09-2012, 09:27 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
How's your parrot's timing? Maybe he's a better dog trainer than me.

I will never, ever again teach a dog to "speak" on command. Because yeah, really annoying default behavior. And people always think your dog is misbehaving because she barks at them when she wants something.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:34 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyinsbt View Post
And people always think your dog is misbehaving because she barks at them when she wants something.
Wait.

You mean someone teaches them that?

Try telling Tallulah, lol. She absolutely tells you what she wants. So does Bimmer, for that matter.

And she sasses.

I love it <3

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-10-2012, 12:18 AM
SBT Lover!!

I taught my mom's lab to speak and now she barks at me whenever I'm holding food. I will NEVER teach Saxon or any future dog to speak for that reason!!

Quote:
Video! Please and thank you!
Old 12-10-2012, 12:28 AM
Top Dog

Uh, yeah lol. I taught Gavroche to chase my hands under the blanket, except backwards - he could do it if HE was under the blanket - one specific blanket. Now he seeks out that blanket so he can nip my hands and laugh He also like to walk on the table, thanks to my mom.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:06 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Oh god. I regret everything I ever taught Rosey, ever.

The most annoying though, must be, she knows exactly where the line is that divides the hall and the kitchen. She knows she is not allowed to step into the kitchen uninvited -- and she wouldn't dare. Except, she'll sit RIGHT BEHIND THAT LINE, and stare at you. If you tell her to get out of the kitchen, she just looks at you like "**** you, I'm not IN the kitchen".

Every ferret that comes into the house is taught that Rosey is the Boss and they are not to **** her off. And she's taught that she has control over the ferrets, since she was here first. Except now, she'll go up to their cage, and Ren apparently is aware that's his cue to give her some of their kibble. Ren is allergic to everything, and eats expensive cat food, and he shoves a LOT out of the cage.

I guess that's not me teaching, though The first one, my dad taught. The second, Rosey taught Ren.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 12-10-2012, 03:29 AM
<(<) <()> (>)>

We regreted teaching Gipsy that she was to lay down if she wanted to be in the kitchen (she was a big begger... and a foody) Unfortunatly she'd always lie right where the dishwasher opens, also one of the areas you walked past alot.
Also "shimmy" As a kid I taught her to shimmy when she was lying down. (Basically shuffle towards me while in a down position) Bad idea. If you told her down, and stay she'd follow you... while down.
Futur puppy is not being taught such tricks as futur puppy will be bigger than Gipsy. I am afraid for my parents, very afraid.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:33 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipsyQueen View Post
We regreted teaching Gipsy that she was to lay down if she wanted to be in the kitchen (she was a big begger... and a foody) Unfortunatly she'd always lie right where the dishwasher opens, also one of the areas you walked past alot.
Also "shimmy" As a kid I taught her to shimmy when she was lying down. (Basically shuffle towards me while in a down position) Bad idea. If you told her down, and stay she'd follow you... while down.
Futur puppy is not being taught such tricks as futur puppy will be bigger than Gipsy. I am afraid for my parents, very afraid.
Wait, its your parents puppy, not yours?

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 12-10-2012, 06:36 AM
Top Dog

I've taught Hops to use its snout to bump the butt of my niece who is not very dog-friendly. Hops has perfected the trick. The trouble is that he would do it on any female he sees. Imagine the trouble I get whenever we are on the park or in any public place.