Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-08-2012, 11:37 AM
Top Dog

Default Memorial tattoo/cremation jewelry

I'm thinking of getting a tattoo done next year of my heart dog. Looking for ideas - do not want a picture of him though. Thoughts on where and what would be helpful.

Also looking at cremation jewelry and carrying a bit of both old guys with me. I have one I like but still looking for the right one. Anyone have one they like?

Such a fun seasonal topic!
Old 12-08-2012, 11:46 AM
such sights to show you

I have several tattoos of my dogs past and present and I don't care for the portrait style either. What I did was just start browsing art books (used book stores are a good place for this) and doing GISs for various styles of art - eg "dog line art," "celtic dog art," "tribal dog art" - and just browsing through for examples or pieces that I liked.

Then you can either ask the artist for permission, just use it, or take some examples to a tattoo artist and let them come up with something for you.

Old 12-08-2012, 11:52 AM
Top Dog

Found one I love!!!

http://www.memorialgallerypets.com/p...-sky-blue.aspx

For the other dogs (already have the bracelet)
http://www.memorialgallerypets.com/p...bead-pink.aspx
Old 12-08-2012, 12:01 PM
Top Dog

Found a place that does ornaments in glass, same way. Hm....
Old 12-08-2012, 03:15 PM
Top Dog

Our youngest son had a paw print tattoo done, with an M and the years Mick was born and died. For Christmasa couple of years ago we gave him a "necklace" that had a little vial to put a bit of Mick's ashes in.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:39 PM
Big Dog

I have been searching for just the right memorial jewelry for some of my beloved cat's ashes. We just had to say good-bye to her a couple of months ago, a bit shy of her 20th birthday. I am trying to find something that suits both my tastes and matches her unique personality. I'm actually having better luck on sites that are aimed at selling cremains keepsakes for human loved ones. There are a couple of rings I really like that hold ashes.

I've had some luck on Etsy as well. I'll try to dig up all my links in a bit.

My boyfriend just got me a necklace for my birthday from someone on Etsy that has a recycle Scrabble tile with a photo of Sabrina fixed onto one side. It's really sweet, and I can look at the packaging and try to track down the seller.

I have a locket I am going to place a lock of her fur in, and was thinking I might mix some ashes with epoxy and apply a layer to the inside of the locket as well. I'm also interested in learning to work with metal clays, and I'm considering holding off until I know that craft and making my own. In the meantime, it feels nice to have her picture near my heart.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Taxiderpy

It's pretty expensive, but there are companies that will compress people's ashes into diamonds for jewelry. I bet they'd do it with a pet's ashes too.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
It's pretty expensive, but there are companies that will compress people's ashes into diamonds for jewelry. I bet they'd do it with a pet's ashes too.
Yes, I was just going to add that! If I ever win the lottery, I will be doing this with my cat's ashes, my cockatoo's feathers, and my dog's fur. They don't have to be deceased, since you can use the carbon from the fur/etc.

http://www.lifegem.com is the main one I know about, but I'm sure there are others.

Here are links to the two sites I've been looking at the most for cremains jewelry:

http://www.perfectmemorials.com/crem...FcaDQgodsDEAkg (they have a pet category)

http://www.evrmemories.com/cremation...FUdxQgod0zgAig
Old 12-08-2012, 09:54 PM
Top Dog

I'd love to do the diamond, but quite like the glass too and that's more my style anyway. One will be the necklace and then the other dog will be a bead for the bracelet I already have, just need the budget. Sigh.

Tattoo is still up in the air but I have some ideas....
Old 12-09-2012, 02:26 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilter View Post
Oh my god I love this! My dad actually owns a funeral home and I called him and told him about this and he said he would bring me a few to look at! So excited! Thanks for posting this!