Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-09-2012, 11:22 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
If you're couch camping out of the goodness of someone's heart, yeah, be grateful and suck it up.

When you've paid half the rent and utilities it buys you some cooperation and compromise.
Honestly I am of the grateful no matter what camp.

Our roommate in the house we owned annoyed us frequently but she paid half our mortgage. She was never given a lease, she paid her money, and she bitched a lot. Then again we're not easy to live with with our dogs so we sucked it up and we were grateful she was there and even though we could afford the whole payment we didn't have to if she was around.

Being gracious, grateful, or the like doesn't mean you can't discuss guidelines, in fact that type of attitude tends to encourage compromise in the other party. Leveraging leases and payments only builds resentment and we're not willing to live with people we resent (beyond a reasonable timeline), life is too short to be unhappy.

We've made the choice to not have a roommate this time and suck it up and pay the whole mortgage ourselves. Why live in a frustratingly toxic home if you don't have to?
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:23 AM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
When does the series come out on DVD?
Ever seen the show catfish? lol
Old 12-09-2012, 11:26 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Honestly I am of the grateful no matter what camp.
And practicing being grateful also helps improve your overall outlook on life too....
~Suzanne Clothier
Old 12-09-2012, 11:39 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I had a homeless cousin of my daughter's staying with us for a short period of time. It was no comfort, he slept in the laundry room, and it was cold in there, Mary was the one that curled up with him in the blankets and kept him warm. He would sit behind me and use the computer while I painted and worked on my clay chattering away. At first it made me grit my teeth, it broke my concentration, it "annoyed" me. But I didn't say anything. I got use to it, and eventually I didn't notice it at all. He got a job, and left. It didn't do me permanent damage. I don't do this anymore, taking in lost people is more dangerous than taking in lost dogs. Even so, you can get use to anything, given time. It's all in your attitude.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 12-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Obey the Toad.

I do agree with being grateful in this situation. Just pointing out that renting is much easier in some situations than it has been suggested here. But yes, grateful is the right frame of mind in this situation IMHO.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 12-09-2012, 12:21 PM
Top Dog

Even though you're paying 1/2, it's still lucky you found someone to go in with on this studio. It's not easy when you don't have or haven't had a steady job for a while. Yes, you deserve to get sleep and you should mention it in a nice way. But honestly....compared to not having anyplace to go, this should be a relief that this friend and his studio was available for you. Hang in there...things will improve. I think it's important to look at the glass half full....at all costs.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson