Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-08-2012, 08:17 PM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
This, and vice versa in some cases, too. When we first moved here we tried getting into several lower income apartments. We were denied because we "made too much money". We ended up paying around $700 for a one bedroom + utilities and no parking. Not to mention it wasn't exactly a well-kept apartment. Spiders, ants, broken windows, etc. They didn't want anything from us other than a very easy to pass credit check.

Totally depends on the area.
That's what happened to us with our first apartment too. We made too much for the low income, and all they required was a credit check on my husband, who had fairly lousy credit at the time.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 12-08-2012, 08:37 PM
Top Dog

Here it's not hard at all to share an apartment with no job, bad credit, etc. it's not going to be a nice place or long term lease, but if you hand them a security deposit and a month or two of rent, you're in.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 12-09-2012, 01:36 AM
Top Dog

You could easily get on a lease unemployed if you have a roommate, anywhere. Especially one who has been paying the rent alone just fine. Why would every tenant in one unit need an income? What if the tenants were a couple and the wife stayed home and did not work? As long as ONE tenant has good enough credit and income to qualify anyone else can live with them and any adult living in the unit must be on a lease. Think about it, otherwise every adult with bad credit and low income would be homeless. There are tons of lenient landlords in the world but even a strict one would allow a person with no income and bad credit to be on a lease as long as they had a roommate who qualified. A roommate counts as a cosigner.

Old 12-09-2012, 09:31 AM
Glutton for Crazy

I think the point is she's lucky she has the roommate because you can't easily get an apartment without him being that she's still unemployed.

I say that meaning I would say something about quiet hours and phrase it as "I need sleep to prep for job interviews" but otherwise just go about things graciously, it could be worse again.

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:39 AM
Squishy face

I suppose one could get an apartment with bad credit, etc. I know that my roommates and I had to submit proof of income (copies of pay stubs from our jobs) in order to rent the apartment. When my roommates and I were trying to rent this townhouse, we had to get my friend's dad to cosign with all four of us in order to get approved for this townhouse. I have good credit, but one roomie has bad credit and the others had no credit. Of course, our landlord could just be particular. He did want double the security deposit after all, and our realtor had to tell him basically "Eff you." Lol

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 12-09-2012, 10:52 AM
Top Dog

I think it's pretty neat that you have a place to stay to keep out of the elements and be safe. A few days ago you posted that you had no place to go at all. You could mention about the late night noise, but in your current situation, I think I'd be grateful to have a roof over my head and a place to be safe. Keep working on getting on your feet....a job, etc and you can one day get your own place.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-09-2012, 10:59 AM
Felurian

If you're couch camping out of the goodness of someone's heart, yeah, be grateful and suck it up.

When you've paid half the rent and utilities it buys you some cooperation and compromise.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-09-2012, 11:08 AM
Ho ho ho off.

When does the series come out on DVD?
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 12-09-2012, 11:11 AM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-09-2012, 11:20 AM
Play that funky music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post